NHTSA Recalls (Aug 3, 2021) - Remedy Available

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Are we still waiting to see if the DME can actually be unlocked after the update?
I am, I'm not taking mine in until I'm assured my ECU can be bench unlocked. I have a tuneable 2020 model with quite a few mods.
Sponsored

OP
OP
gcmak

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
wow that looks so much better
I didn't think it'd be a big deal but the text/graphics/maps/touch-targets actually do get much larger - due to the adjustment in aspect ratio. It's much more pleasurable to use, although it'd still be cool to enable split screen view for the compass/elevation info (if you're nerdy like me)...but unfortunately now we don't have split screen available with carplay.

Overall, I'd much have it this way than how it was originally.

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
Made my appointment for my '21 Supra...was told it would take 3-4 hours. I'm going to be there right when they open....

kyippee

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2022 M235
Got it done at Toyota 101 in Redwood City, CA. Dropped off in the morning and picked up late afternoon.

Full screen carplay and had to re-code some of my settings as mentioned already. Didn't have any issues with Bimmercode coding the headunit. Maybe the app already updated.

mortavious

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Absolute Zero
Took it in today for a 2 PM appointment…530 PM the service tech comes out and says the second part of the three step process failed and must be repeated. They sent me home in an Uber and said I’ll be able to get the car by noon tomorrow.

RenierR10

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Vehicle Showcase
Took it in today for a 2 PM appointment…530 PM the service tech comes out and says the second part of the three step process failed and must be repeated. They sent me home in an Uber and said I’ll be able to get the car by noon tomorrow.
Are you tuned?

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
I'm tuned, and got a message from NASA that I have to have the recall done for an event in October. I might try to delay my track day until I can hear more from my Tuner.

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
I'm tuned, and got a message from NASA that I have to have the recall done for an event in October. I might try to delay my track day until I can hear more from my Tuner.
I got the email from NASA as well, I'm also going to wait until BM3 verifies my car can be unlocked before I take it in.

RomeJones

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91
I got the same email. I just booked a slot with my dealer to have the recall fix applied. They said they have to order parts so it won’t happen until later this month.

OP
OP
gcmak

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I got the same email. I just booked a slot with my dealer to have the recall fix applied. They said they have to order parts so it won’t happen until later this month.
Make sure they know which recall. The seat belt one isn't available yet but the ECU software update is available...so unless they don't have the laptop with cables already in the shop...which they must if they service Supras, I'm not sure what other parts they need. They just have to download and install the massive 10GB file onto their laptop and get started.

NASA still let me run regardless but I had to pay. It's just Toyota that won't cover the fee cause then they'd be liable if bad things happened.

Good luck!

Zupra1776

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 MKV Supra and floating toys.
I am, I'm not taking mine in until I'm assured my ECU can be bench unlocked. I have a tuneable 2020 model with quite a few mods.
I'm 100% with you on this. Until someone can confirm this doesn't lock my 2021 (03/20) DME the dealer isn't going to see my car and NASA can kiss my arse.