darkloki

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993.5 Supra MKIV Turbo Six Speed Getrag v160 BPU
Vehicle Showcase
Tustin Toyota in Souhern California did mine yesterday without any issues. In fact the service advisor scared me by saying that it wouldn't do anything for apple car play but that it was for the braking. 2 hours later the car is completed with full Apple Car Play on my 2020 Lauch Edition Supra. I don't have a tune on my Supra because this is my grocery car while the MKIV has a Tune with a stand-alone system.

Sorry that was a long way to say I was able to do mine at Tustin Toyota without any flaws but I'd imagine they get alot of Supras at this location.
Sponsored

First Name
Zenon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0
Some techs can overlook things thinking a car doesnā€™t need an update but arenā€™t reading the ā€œI levelā€ correctly. Wrongly assuming itā€™s not in the recall window and not performing it. Read the bottom of the page. Some techs are looking only at the last 3 numbers and wrongly assuming itā€™s not needed.

13BDA3F4-ED58-4428-83A1-B1CFC3689ADE.jpeg
Thanks so much for that information!

I just verified with BimmerCode that they installed an old I-Level and completed the brake boost campaign assuming that because it ended in *-530 it was the newer version.

Unfortunately, I called the service center, but they thought I was being crazy and "forums don't know what they are talking about sir" - I already scheduled an appointment with a different dealer.

On BimmerCode I found the current I-Level to be S18T-20-11-530, which based on your feedback, it was serial No. 530 released on 11/2020 and not serial No. 519 from 7/2021

SupraDC

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
::Update::

Called the dealer this AM and asked what was up. He confirmed that they hadn't updated a Supra before and the update took a longer than expected time. Got it back today with full screen CarPlay even though they said it wouldn't update it. Fixed the trunk that would pop, but not open fully. Everything else seems to be the same and no worse for wear.

YellowJacket

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Toyota Supra 3.0
Thanks so much for that information!

I just verified with BimmerCode that they installed an old I-Level and completed the brake boost campaign assuming that because it ended in *-530 it was the newer version.

Unfortunately, I called the service center, but they thought I was being crazy and "forums don't know what they are talking about sir" - I already scheduled an appointment with a different dealer.

On BimmerCode I found the current I-Level to be S18T-20-11-530, which based on your feedback, it was serial No. 530 released on 11/2020 and not serial No. 519 from 7/2021
Yea that is unfortunate. Sometimes it's helpful to get to know the tech working on your car...instead of the crummy service advisors.

This is a safety issue...so anyone having trouble shouldn't really hold back at getting this recall sorted. That's why I posted the Tech directions so you can tell the tech to "look again". I had to do exactly that...easier for me cuz the tech was my Buddy...completely well meaning...but just over looked it. Got it done though without issue.

I wish the dealers would stop pretending they already know everything and at least investigate a customer concern. If you have a good dealer they will investigate and listen.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Brought mine in today and was surprised the adviser asked if my car has a tune. He said if it did, they would back it up before updating ecu then they can put the tune back. That was news to me but it didnā€™t matter as I was completely stock

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Brought mine in today and was surprised the adviser asked if my car has a tune. He said if it did, they would back it up before updating ecu then they can put the tune back. That was news to me but it didnā€™t matter as I was completely stock
Now THAT is some good support. That's the way it should be, and they sound like they would be much more rational in determining whether a failure was warrantied or not depending on cause.

With what I've experienced here, I'd expect more of "because you're tuned, we can't cover warranty replacement for that busted wiper motor...". :rolleyes:

xkenx1995

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Just wanted to chime in. I have a Titan Protune Piggyback and I removed it prior to my appointment. I took my car in for the recall on 9/14/2021 at Toyota in Ontario, CA. They said the process can take 2-3 hours because of the download as well as the Supra technicians also work on other cars throughout the day. I got a rental and was able to pick up my car at the end of the day. I put back the piggyback and no issues so far. I like the full screen apple car play! Although I do miss the option of the split screen feature because I used the trip monitor widget on the right side of the screen. Oh well!

edit: added dealership location

Last edited:

Munkeeboi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Tesla S 100D, 2023 Volvo XC90 Recharge
Ended up speaking to your service rep who has since spoken to the shop foreman who says the tune will be erased and will need to be reinstalled by the Tuner.

It's what we already knew, but I just wanted to clear things up

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Ended up speaking to your service rep who has since spoken to the shop foreman who says the tune will be erased and will need to be reinstalled by the Tuner.

It's what we already knew, but I just wanted to clear things up
That sounds like what Iā€™ve heard too. But when he told me about backing up tunes and reinstalling, that was something I thought Toyota started doing. But good thing you cleared that misinformation

Last edited:

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
Just wanted to report I got mine done today and had no issues.

Now mine is a March 2021 build so I already had the CarPlay full screen when I bought it, locked ecu, and a few Bimmercode stuff.

Dealership took about 4 hours to complete everything. Got it back and only thing I lost was my Bimmercode stuff which I was able to re-code without issues (including the head-unit stuff).

Escapist

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra, 2016 Yamaha R1
Going to get my recall done tomorrow morning on my 2020 with a BM3 tune. Will update in the afternoon. Not many MKV's in my immediate area so it may take a couple hours, hopefully they provide a loaner vehicle.

hwnstyle21

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
I'm torn, I have a 2020 LE (wannabe) that's stock but only due to all of the parts being backordered. I was hoping to tune by EOY.

Should I update or just hold off?

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
I went in for an oil change today + brake recall. I had front camera error codes because of a problem with the installation of my laser jammer system. I told the techs to not worry about that bit as I will fix that myself. They did listen and leave it alone (rarity) but the brake software wasnā€™t able to get done. They told me there canā€™t be any fault codes on the vehicle in order to update.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD
If there's anyone that gets this brake recall flash done and also has experienced the throttle hesitation can you keep an eye out for the ongoing existence of the throttle hesitation issue? I am wondering if Toyota bundled a software fix for the hesitation into this brake recall flash. Pure conjecture on my part.

mortavious

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Absolute Zero
Hard to really tell, but I feel like the throttle hesitation got better/went away after the recall update. I haven't noticed it lately.
Sponsored