NHTSA Recalls (Aug 3, 2021) - Remedy Available

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Is there anything like a version document that lists the ECU update changes? I know we get 1) fullscreen Apple Carplay and 2) the braking update, but beyond that, everything else I've seen seems subjective.
Everything else is subjective. There is no changelog or anything that I'm aware of.
Sponsored

San

First Name
Sanchin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mkv supra
HI Guys

Went for my recall today .no noticeable system changes after update of ecu ...all my settings were saved during the update and remain on the car post update ... did yourls system settings all reset post update?

Drillerkc74

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 supra black on black
I had unplugged the amplifier that makes fake exhaust noise to the radio and that gave an error to the tech and he had to start again. Grumpy the process took 2.5 hours. Wifi download is slow. The dealer in western ontario has only sold 3 supras so tech is a little new to the car

Takonic

First Name
Kelv
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
dropped car yesterday, got it this morning. Happy with the full screen car play. also alot more text in the HUD unit! I noticed my steering was more light and more direct now in sport, almost 100% its not a placebo. The throttle also seems more linear/brake feels more aggressive and burbles are more throaty less blippy ? that last things probably are just in my head, but the steering for me was a huge difference.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Did the recall today, car definitely is quieter for the pops/crackles

Jediyogi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GR A90
To clarify, down under we don't even get basic Carplay to begin with! So I had it programmed from someone here in the forum from the US. And now it's all gone. Not sure if I have to code it again, or even if it can be done!
Thanks SydSupra...just as I had suspected and really highlights the poor post-sales knowledge and "expertise" of Toyota Oz

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Finally taking my Supra in for the recall...

I understand that a few things are also updated during this...Does this also correct the issue with the dim display that most of us corrected using bimmercode?

OP
OP
gcmak

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Finally taking my Supra in for the recall...

I understand that a few things are also updated during this...Does this also correct the issue with the dim display that most of us corrected using bimmercode?
Not for me it did not. It might have gotten 'better' but upon pulling out of the dealership I immediately couldn't clearly see my reverse camera. Had to code it back. Which does suck for night-time drives but lucky for me, I mostly drive during the day.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Not for me it did not. It might have gotten 'better' but upon pulling out of the dealership I immediately couldn't clearly see my reverse camera. Had to code it back. Which does suck for night-time drives but lucky for me, I mostly drive during the day.
thanks...I kinda expected that after this re-flash I'd have to recode everything back to where I had things with bimmercode...

RRF985

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 BMW M550i, 2020 Supra Premium, 2015 991.1

DennieC

First Name
Dennie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
Had the software recall done and everything works as it should except now I have no navigation. The application just freezes on the loading screen. Took the car back to have them look at it, and they stated the head unit is bad and needs to be replaced. A new unit is being ordered, but I have no eta as of yet. At least I get my car back. I just have no navigation until the replacement unit comes in. They are saying I must have gotten a faulty head unit from the factory, but I personally believe the software update for the recall caused this. That or the technician did something wrong. What is really strange is everything else works as it should, just no navigation. Oh.. and the speed limit icon is blank on the instrument panel and HUD as it must also be tied to the navigation. Kind of bummed as I use the map feature and navigation quite a bit.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Had the software recall done and everything works as it should except now I have no navigation. The application just freezes on the loading screen. Took the car back to have them look at it, and they stated the head unit is bad and needs to be replaced. A new unit is being ordered, but I have no eta as of yet. At least I get my car back. I just have no navigation until the replacement unit comes in. They are saying I must have gotten a faulty head unit from the factory, but I personally believe the software update for the recall caused this. That or the technician did something wrong. What is really strange is everything else works as it should, just no navigation. Oh.. and the speed limit icon is blank on the instrument panel and HUD as it must also be tied to the navigation. Kind of bummed as I use the map feature and navigation quite a bit.
I've heard this exact same thing a few times now. It's possible there are a bunch of bad HUs/HUs with bad firmware that the updates software brings to life.

Zedd

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
I've heard this exact same thing a few times now. It's possible there are a bunch of bad HUs/HUs with bad firmware that the updates software brings to life.
Interesting. I just picked up my car after getting the recall done and noticed the HUD was displaying “Limit” instead of the actual speed limit. When I got home I tried opening the navigation app and it just seems to get stuck loading. I wonder if I have the same issue?

DennieC

First Name
Dennie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
Interesting. I just picked up my car after getting the recall done and noticed the HUD was displaying “Limit” instead of the actual speed limit. When I got home I tried opening the navigation app and it just seems to get stuck loading. I wonder if I have the same issue?
Yep, sounds like the exact same issue I am experiencing.
Sponsored