Oem tire losing psi over time. Anyone else experience this?

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
I was at an autocross once and a guy had got a stone wedged in the valve stem *cap*. ?

It pressed the valve in but only when the cap was screwed on. We checked the valve stem (plus the rest of the tire/wheel of course) but with the cap off. What a tricky problem!
Sponsored

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Loco, please explain the pic of the inside tire, what exactly made the tire loose air, pic doesn’t explain what we’re
Looking at?

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Loco, please explain the pic of the inside tire, what exactly made the tire loose air, pic doesn’t explain what we’re
Looking at?
Oh sorry, what happened was I ran over a wood screw and the head snapped off below the tread line.

So from the outside there was no visible damage but the tip punctured the inner wall. I didn’t find out until I had wheels powder-coated.

-RJM

Vuuduu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
The Michelins are pretty soft. I just patched up my rear driver's tire with only ~4k miles.

MR_X

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra, 2016 Macan Turbo, 2010 M3
Had the same issue with the rear driver side tire. It wasn't till I would lose all the air overnight that I was able to pinpoint the leak.

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Had the same issue with the rear driver side tire. It wasn't till I would lose all the air overnight that I was able to pinpoint the leak.
where was the leak? I need to take mine to the tire shop soon probably. the tire is losing psi a lot faster now

MR_X

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Bupra, 2016 Macan Turbo, 2010 M3
where was the leak? I need to take mine to the tire shop soon probably. the tire is losing psi a lot faster now
Mine was towards the outside wall but was still repairable. It looked like a screw hole.

Reactions: Pat

George Dankha

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Toyota Supra Premium
My car still has the oem tires at 6,500 miles and never demounted or rebalanced.

One of my rear tires loses about 10 psi in about a month. The tire has no visible punctures or issues and I’m only experiencing it with this single tire.

The other three are as normal.
If you don’t want anyone touching your car, i suggest filling a cooler with soapy water. Dunk the tire in the cooler and rotate it slowly 
 you’ll eventually see some bubbles.

Twundy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
uwgtb.com
Car(s)
Land Cruiser 200 Series, '21 Supra
Anyone fix this issue and figure out the cause? Tire valve? Poor bead seal from installation? Invisible puncture?

Have a very slow leak (5 psi or so every 10 days) with no bubbles when submerged underwater.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
My rear driver side does the same
Same with my wife’s GTI. Have a pancake compressor and she just adds a few pounds every month. No visible puncture, so we definitely need to dunk it one weekend. I hope it’s not as complex as @Twundy’s issue
 If so she’s got 20k miles anyways. So it’s almost time to just buy 4 and be done with it.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
If you don’t want anyone touching your car, i suggest filling a cooler with soapy water. Dunk the tire in the cooler and rotate it slowly 
 you’ll eventually see some bubbles.
Spraying windex on it is probably easier. Same concept. I've found many leaks this way over the years.

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Anyone fix this issue and figure out the cause? Tire valve? Poor bead seal from installation? Invisible puncture?

Have a very slow leak (5 psi or so every 10 days) with no bubbles when submerged underwater.
Mine ended up being a rock puncture, fixed after taking to a tire shop for $15
Sponsored