What are you lowered on? Looks like a great drop
Sponsored

Kenn

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 GR Supra, '19 Audi S5 SB, '04 Toyota Sequoia
What are you lowered on? Looks like a great drop
I'm on Swift SPEC-R Lowering Springs. But if you weren't asking me then disregard lol.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
So bear with me. Ramble time:

Earlier today I reached out to one of the dealers Iā€™m on the waiting list with and asked them to change my preference from AZ to stratosphere blue. Sure enough 3 hours after that another dealer called to tell me a buyer backed out on a AZ 3.0 premium inbound to the dealer and itā€™s mine if I want it.

So here I am having just gone through every page of this thread agonizing over what to do. Thereā€™s no guarantee Iā€™ll get an allocation for a SB car anytime soon. Plus the AZ is MSRP.

ATM Iā€™m leaning towards the absolute zero car. Just wish I could see one in person along with stratosphere. Iā€™ve looked at AZ in person years ago, but have yet to see a SB. Of course thereā€™s nothing anywhere near me to look at and likely wonā€™t be anytime soon. So my plan is to go to the local BMW dealer tomorrow to do a sanity check on whether I like AZ still by looking at some mineral white cars. Different sheet metal, but same color. Thatā€™ll have to do for now.

Hereā€™s a quick pic from the last time I saw AZā€¦
IMG_1202.jpeg

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
So my plan is to go to the local BMW dealer tomorrow to do a sanity check on whether I like AZ still by looking at some mineral white cars. Different sheet metal, but same color.
That's how I decided on Absolute Zero back before the Supra was released. Mineral White on the Z4 looked so much better than the alternatives, particularly in dusty BMW dealer lots.

IMG_1202.jpeg
The canopy isn't helping. The metallic flake makes it look more interesting when it catches the light.

If you want blue, though, you should probably get blue, though, right?

Marsone

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ISF, FRS
AZ is a gorgeous white, but SB is a really pretty blue. Pick whatever color you like more; I doubt you would hate either. They both look nicer in person than they do in pictures.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium

Earlier today I reached out to one of the dealers Iā€™m on the waiting list with and asked them to change my preference from AZ to stratosphere blue. Sure enough 3 hours after that another dealer called to tell me a buyer backed out on a AZ 3.0 premium inbound to the dealer and itā€™s mine if I want it.

So here I am having just gone through every page of this thread agonizing over what to do. Thereā€™s no guarantee Iā€™ll get an allocation for a SB car anytime soon. Plus the AZ is MSRP.

ATM Iā€™m leaning towards the absolute zero car. Just wish I could see one in person along with stratosphere. Iā€™ve looked at AZ in person years ago, but have yet to see a SB. Of course thereā€™s nothing anywhere near me to look at and likely wonā€™t be anytime soon. So my plan is to go to the local BMW dealer tomorrow to do a sanity check on whether I like AZ still by looking at some mineral white cars. Different sheet metal, but same color. Thatā€™ll have to do for now.

IMG_1202.jpeg
I believe someone had a picture of Stratosphere Blue where it shows a purplish tint to it. They mentioned the purple with the picture. In case that sways you one way or the other.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
That's how I decided on Absolute Zero back before the Supra was released. Mineral White on the Z4 looked so much better than the alternatives, particularly in dusty BMW dealer lots.

The canopy isn't helping. The metallic flake makes it look more interesting when it catches the light.

If you want blue, though, you should probably get blue, though, right?
Thankfully on this same outing some indirect sun was hitting the rear of the car so I could see some of the pearl effect. I loved it.
IMG_1196.jpeg

I also really like a nice blue car. Something like Porsche sapphire blue being one of my favorites. What I donā€™t like is purple in blue. Something I know SB has a little of in just the right light. So that gives me pause there.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I believe someone had a picture of Stratosphere Blue where it shows a purplish tint to it. They mentioned the purple with the picture. In case that sways you one way or the other.
Yeah. I definitely donā€™t like purple hues on a blue car.

Conversely I donā€™t like pure white depending on the car.

Anyway. Color really comes down to personal preferences after all. Nevertheless I appreciate everyoneā€™s advice/perspective. Iā€™m mostly just venting some mental illness from my obsession over this decision šŸ˜ šŸ¤Ŗ

cte21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee

IMG_1202.jpeg
While you're at the BMW dealer looking at Mineral White, see if you can find a Portimao Blue as well, that's the same as Stratosphere on the Supra.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
While you're at the BMW dealer looking at Mineral White, see if you can find a Portimao Blue as well, that's the same as Stratosphere on the Supra.
Yeah. Thanks for the tip :)

I was actually already aware that portimao blue was the BMW equivalent. I also neglected to mention in my rambling that Iā€™ve seen it in person on a G42 M240i. At least in the sun I liked it a lot. Would be nice to see it again, ideally on a Supra, but that isnā€™t likely to happen anytime soon.

Still leaning absolute zero atm. I know I like it a lot in the sun, and we get plenty of that in Colorado.

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Made it to the BMW dealer. They had several mineral white cars and luckily a couple of Portimao Blue as well. Spending some time looking at the blue in the bright sun and then cloud cover taught me that this color looks completely different in real life vs most pictures. There is a lot of purple hue in it.

Meanwhile the white was more of what I remembered and hoped for. Lots of metallic flake means it looks pretty great in the sun. Great color.
IMG_5691.jpeg

So itā€™s Absolute Zero for me. Which also means thereā€™s a car with my name on it :)

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
Made it to the BMW dealer. They had several mineral white cars and luckily a couple of Portimao Blue as well. Spending some time looking at the blue in the bright sun and then cloud cover taught me that this color looks completely different in real life vs most pictures. There is a lot of purple hue in it.
Yeah almost none of the pictures of stratosphere/portimao look even remotely accurate to what it does in real life. If you don't like purple, you won't like the color. The only time it doesn't have a purple tint is in direct bright sunlight.

Jnhalstead

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra
This is why I love AZ, different lighting really changes it
598A8442-043E-4BFF-B864-FBE7327C8749.jpeg

Hidden Supra-08.jpeg

8EA6ADEA-1FB5-4BF9-AE4B-F37F4D50A29D.jpeg

alan7467

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Yeah almost none of the pictures of stratosphere/portimao look even remotely accurate to what it does in real life. If you don't like purple, you won't like the color. The only time it doesn't have a purple tint is in direct bright sunlight.
I found this video in the Stratosphere Blue thread:

Still doesnā€™t look as purple as the real thing, but itā€™s sometimes close to what I saw on the BMW last weekend.
Sponsored