Ohlins R&T adjustment

alexevo

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2016 Mazda MX5 Club
Does anyone know how to correctly adjust Ohlins?

Fronts have has a total of 30 clicks which is strange as the manual says 20 clicks. I want to set it to 4 clicks (track), and following the manual, I adjusted it fully clockwise and then 4 clicks back. The thing is that a click adjuster is at the bottom of the shock. Should I consider it clockwise when looking at it from the bottom or from the top?

The rear is really strange, it looks like it has unlimited clicks or mine is broken. I tried to do maximum in a clockwise direction and after about 40 clicks it just stopped to "click" but still continued to turn. So I got it back to the last sound of "click" and then returned back counterclockwise for 8 clicks. Is this correct? I want to have a softer rear as I have two much oversteer.

ohlins.png
Sponsored

raslian

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
I actually tested this recently because it wasn't clear to me which way was soft and from what perspective the manual is talking about. I went out and tested twenty clicks each way on the front and rear just to figure out what was happening.

What I found out was that clockwise = stiff from the perspective of looking at the bottom of the car for both front and rear. There is definitely a final click where the adjusters in the rear hit significant resistance at full stiff, I never spun the knobs far enough in front or rear to ever loosen them fully.

I'm guessing you're spinning the adjusters in the opposite direction. There's a pretty big difference from full stiff and 20 clicks down, so if in doubt you can always test.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
How many clicks from the bottom are yā€™all running? Full stiff is insane. Iā€™m at 5 from the bottom andā€¦ wow sheā€™s tight!

I also have sway bars and SPL parts. Itā€™s not the best for long drives. But on track šŸ¤¤ McLovin šŸŸ it!!!

noogie

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 Supra
How many clicks from the bottom are yā€™all running? Full stiff is insane. Iā€™m at 5 from the bottom andā€¦ wow sheā€™s tight!

I also have sway bars and SPL parts. Itā€™s not the best for long drives. But on track šŸ¤¤ McLovin šŸŸ it!!!
i wish ohlins would release the dynos for these shocks. on the bmw m2 ohlins sets, full stiff is essentially hydro locked.

Sponsored