2021 supra
BTW I did not order this euro oil. I went with amsoil 0w30 signature series

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Id call and check which one it is
Honestly it really never bothered me which one it is .. it's synthetic motor oil BMW sells for its street cars. That's plenty for me. My other cars and small engines usually just run OTS Mobil1 silver cap synthetics, and Liqui Moly on my Golf-R.

Take_my_money

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV, Taco TRD-OR
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the manual said you could use any of the following blends: 0W20, 5W20, 0W30, 5W30, 0W40, 5W40. I'm currently using Amsoil SAE 5W-30 LS Synthetic European Motor Oil. That has a High-Temperature/High-Shear Viscosity cP value of 3.6, which I believe BMW stated HTHS viscosity to be at least 3.5 cP for the B58. The Amsoil is expensive, but I don't want to skip out on quality when I drive the car reasonably hard from time to time. Running a stage 2 tune, etc.. I'm sure my engine appreciates the extra protection from the additional heat I'm generating. Looks like the oil Amsoil recommends for the Supra is (0W-20 (EZT)) Product code : AFEQT-EA, but I'm concerned the cP is only 2.7, which is targeted more for fuel efficiency than what I would expect to see ran in a high power application.

Mkmtl

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra premium
I think for warranty purposes, if ever anything happens where they require proof of servicing(if brought to a mechanic other that Toyota), and type of oil added during services. 0w20 ACEA C5 and API SN are required to meet oil standards. I'm not sure, but I believe 0w30 as well. BMW LLFE17+ should be a direct substitute to Toyota Supra C5 oil, there's also Amsoil 0w20 Euro and Liquimoly Toptec 6600

Mkmtl

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra premium

Take_my_money

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV, Taco TRD-OR
Vehicle Showcase
What about this Liqui Moly Kit meeting specs?

7qts + Mann Filter
BMW Oil Change Kit 5W-30 - Liqui Moly 11428583898.LM
$60 + Free Shipping

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-oil-change-kit-5w-30-liqui-moly-11428583898-lm
Looks like a good buy to me. HTHS viscosity ≥ 3.5 which is good. (Evaporation loss) Noack Volatility at 9.5% was higher than expected, but not necessarily a show stopper, for reference Amsoil is 7.1% Noack Vol. The Total Base Number (TBN) is 11.2 mg KOH/g, which I consider to be on the higher side, so you'll have more than enough protection from the build-up of acids in the lubricant as it breaks down. I believe in 2017 the EPA mandated gasoline will contain an average of 10 ppm sulfur on an annual basis, so post 2017 I'm not as concerned with the US pump gas having too much sulfur and needing a higher TBN for protection, but if you happen to get some gas that isn't as clean sulfur wise, at least you have that added protection. Now that we have the same sulfur content regulation as EU land petrol we can use BMW LL-04 (lower TBN) or BMW LL-01 (higher TBN) spec.

Take_my_money

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV, Taco TRD-OR
Vehicle Showcase
If you want it to meet required oil specs it needs to be 0w20 or 0w30 ACEA C5 and API SN. The oil you sent is ACEA A3/A2 and 5w30
I have yet to find a 0w20 or 0w30 ACEA C5 and API SN oil that has the appropriate High-Temperature/High-Shear Viscosity level necessary to handle the engines level of power output. You need ≥ 3.5 cP HTHS viscosity to protect your B58 engine if you ever plan on accelerating hard, which I would believe we all do on a regular basis, at least I do. BMW use to use 5w30 for this power plant, and with technology advances in the lubrication sector 0w40 is what they use now, and their oil is ≥ 3.5 cP HTHS viscosity. It has been my experience that every BMW tech and those who track the car unanimously agree 0w20 or 0w30 ACEA C5 and API SN oil is way too thin for the B58 engine and likely on used to meet CAFE: corporate fuel efficiency standards.

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
After a decade and a half of using Red Line in my Porsches I think I'll end up using the same in my Supra. Besides Motul there probably isn't a better oil. I'll probably go with 5-30 but I plan on doing a bit more research first.

Take_my_money

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MkV, Taco TRD-OR
Vehicle Showcase
After a decade and a half of using Red Line in my Porsches I think I'll end up using the same in my Supra. Besides Motul there probably isn't a better oil. I'll probably go with 5-30 but I plan on doing a bit more research first.
Which Motul 5w-30 were you thinking? Quickly scanning the technical data sheets I would opt for the 8100 X-CESS 5W-30 if my heart was set on Motul. My decision was based primarily on the HTHS and TBN values.

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
I'm sorry, I'm planning on using Red Line, 5-30 specifically, my comment on Motul was more of a general statement that I believe they make top quality oils, not on a specific oil for the B58. As far as HTHS numbers go, I've never seen a higher rating than Red Line oils. I haven't researched a new oil in awhile though.

https://www.redlineoil.com/Content/files/tech/5W30_MO_PROD_INFO.pdf

Neo1967

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
B.T.W. What does the dealer charge for an oil change?

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..