phm14

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Hakone 86, '18 Tundra 4x4, '15 4Runner Trail
Vehicle Showcase
I won't be using a 10K OCI, and I won't be using 0w-20. I'll be looking for a 5w-30 with the same group rating as the oil above. Can you post a pic of the back of the oil jug, where it lists the rating spec? It could be rated for higher temps...

Davedaveee

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR Premium 3.0
Got my first oil change at 3k Km on the odometer at my local toyota today, they didn't have the Toyota branded oil even though I booked 2 weeks in advance. I felt like calling 2 days before hand but I figured they would be prepared. Oh well, they ended up needing to keep the car for about 3 hours while they tried to get the exact items listed for the filter and oil. They ended up getting authorization from Toyota Canada to order BMW branded oil and filter for B58 from their BMW lot in the same plaza. All in all I am going to be warranty certified with the BMW parts equivalent. Just a heads up for anyone else. (side note is I have 7 years Platinum warranty and 3 maintenance services included.)

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Got my first oil change at 3k Km on the odometer at my local toyota today, they didn't have the Toyota branded oil even though I booked 2 weeks in advance. I felt like calling 2 days before hand but I figured they would be prepared. Oh well, they ended up needing to keep the car for about 3 hours while they tried to get the exact items listed for the filter and oil. They ended up getting authorization from Toyota Canada to order BMW branded oil and filter for B58 from their BMW lot in the same plaza. All in all I am going to be warranty certified with the BMW parts equivalent. Just a heads up for anyone else. (side note is I have 7 years Platinum warranty and 3 maintenance services included.)
I ordered my oil and filter a month before I needed it.

MAXecutive

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 A90 Supra, '15 F36 435i GC, '97 A32 Maxima, '86 Z31 300ZX
Can someone post the back label of this oil so we can see the specs. I am having a hard time finding this locally in NYC. I'm about to just purchase the equivalent BMW LL-01 oil.

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
For anyone wondering, the oil filter for the B46/B48 2.0 is 04152-WAA01.

Oil is same for B46, B48, and both versions of the B58.

Jeff

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
I just had a good experience at Toyota Sunnyvale in California. I called their parts department and confirmed they had the exact right oil (toyota 08880-wa011), and specifically that the remaining stock was only for service use. I took the car in same day instead of scheduling an appointment because the oil is first come first serve, and I was able to leave the car with them and it got done, my service record also lists the correct part #. The only silly thing they did was install one of those oil change reminder stickers, that's getting peeled off ASAP.

My service ticket also had a note that they paid the tech an extra .5 labor cost, when I asked the advisor it was because A. it's a senior tech (I think they call them master techs) who has to do the oil change and B. the car is "pretty low" so getting it on the rack was a little extra work. (My car is stock as fuck lol)

Last edited:

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
I called their parts department and confirmed they had the exact right oil (toyota 08880-wa011), and specifically that it was only for service use.
Am I understanding your post correctly in that a Supra owner *cannot* just buy the Toyota specified oil #08880-wa011 themsleves from the parts counter? If Not, surely there is a standard oil viscosity and weight that the service manual recommends for the B58C and B58D engines that is compositionally equivalent.

Xproplayer

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra White
Am I understanding your post correctly in that a Supra owner *cannot* just buy the Toyota specified oil #08880-wa011 themsleves from the parts counter? If Not, surely there is a standard oil viscosity and weight that the service manual recommends for the B58C and B58D engines that is compositionally equivalent.
I used poor wording, the parts team said that /those 7 bottles/ were for service use only. I don't know for a fact, but I would assume you could still buy it from the parts dept.

mattieewhooo

First Name
Mattie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra
Has anyone used, or considered using Motul 0-20 over the Toyota GR specific engine oil?

I know in past studies, Motul destroys every single one of its competitors, when it comes to quality oils.

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
FCP Euro LiquiMoly oil change kit for the Z4 M40i if you want to do your own oil changes
Comes with filter and gaskets
Along with 7 quarts of quality German oil
I will be doing 5k miles changes every 6 months with this kit and dealer changes every other 6 months since it is included
Sponsored