Oil for supra????

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
I believe the expensive Supra oil is 0W20 API SN ACEA C5. My understanding is that ACEA C5 is mostly about lower high temperature viscosity and lower SAPS (sulphated ash, phosphorus, and sulphur).
Sponsored

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Thanks, so does this come in 5-30 weight, or only 0-20?

OP
OP
Drnick

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
So now I know Toyota does not make a 5-30 weight oil which is designated for the Supra
Any suggestions? Mobile 1, Amsoil, Liqui-moly top tech 4200...no 0-20 in South Florida 95+ degrees

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Great Products..

For me, I will be using OTS oil like mobil or castrol because I believe how often you change oil is more important than what you use for consumer usage. however, like to subscribe this thread to see what's out there. ;)

ArthurWick

First Name
PA
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Bought some 5W30 Pennzoil Euro L for my 21 first oil change at 1500 miles. Went to dealer to get the oil changed. Service manager at my dealer is a good friend of mine and told me not to use any other oil than the 0w20 water factory recommended. I was like :crazy:!

He told me that Toyota always asks for engine oil samples when an engineā€™s blown or malfunctioning. If Toyota (not the dealer) find that you are not using their spec oil you are up to having a hard time getting your warranty applied. Iā€™m in Canada and Ownerā€™s manual specifies that only up to a quarter of any other oil can be use to top off if some is missing...

So I got the oil changed with oem Ā« GR Supra Ā» oil, cause I think Iā€™m better off with an engine under no questions asked warranty with oem oil than having to deal with Toyota Canada if my engine blows up with top of the line Ā« non GR Supra Ā» oil inside...

My friend told me he doesnā€™t care if I flash the car or put a DP on it, because he has some workarounds for it if somethings happens, but not the case with the oil!

Will put the Pennzoil in my Audi Q5 thatā€™s no longer under warranty then :D

Mkmtl

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra premium
Bought some 5W30 Pennzoil Euro L for my 21 first oil change at 1500 miles. Went to dealer to get the oil changed. Service manager at my dealer is a good friend of mine and told me not to use any other oil than the 0w20 water factory recommended. I was like :crazy:!

He told me that Toyota always asks for engine oil samples when an engineā€™s blown or malfunctioning. If Toyota (not the dealer) find that you are not using their spec oil you are up to having a hard time getting your warranty applied. Iā€™m in Canada and Ownerā€™s manual specifies that only up to a quarter of any other oil can be use to top off if some is missing...

So I got the oil changed with oem Ā« GR Supra Ā» oil, cause I think Iā€™m better off with an engine under no questions asked warranty with oem oil than having to deal with Toyota Canada if my engine blows up with top of the line Ā« non GR Supra Ā» oil inside...

My friend told me he doesnā€™t care if I flash the car or put a DP on it, because he has some workarounds for it if somethings happens, but not the case with the oil!

Will put the Pennzoil in my Audi Q5 thatā€™s no longer under warranty then :D

It's got to have API SN and ACEA C5 approved oils.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
They do make a ā€œSupra ā€œ0-30 and a 5-40 but itā€™s not sold in the local Toyota dealer !
6AC1E746-FF4E-476D-8011-D149BD545B09.jpeg
I want those oil cans for decoration.. !!

I bought BMW oil along with the filter. It was a kit sold at (I think it was) Turner.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..