Oil for supra????

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Given the choice would you do your own oil change or have the free complementary oil change done at the dealership?
What has been the experience at the dealership with regards to complementary service and do you recommend I do the oil change myself?
Always do it myself. I care about my car, so I know it gets done right. Any job I can do myself, I will. I watched a tech put on an oil plug on a different car with an impact gun while I was picking up my Supra and that just reaffirmed my decision lol.
Sponsored

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Given the choice would you do your own oil change or have the free complementary oil change done at the dealership?
What has been the experience at the dealership with regards to complementary service and do you recommend I do the oil change myself?
do it yourself for piece of mind. Unless you just want to save a few hundred dollars for a $60k car and risk them fking something up.....

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I will be doing all maintenance on my Supra regardless of complimentary or not.

gcmak

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Has anyone gotten Toyota to use the alternative weight of 0w30 in their Supra as part of ToyotaCare or paid-oil change? Alternatively does anyone know if ToyotaCare prevents the tech from using an alternative oil weight?

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
What about this Liqui Moly Kit meeting specs?

7qts + Mann Filter
BMW Oil Change Kit 5W-30 - Liqui Moly 11428583898.LM
$60 + Free Shipping

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-oil-change-kit-5w-30-liqui-moly-11428583898-lm
Thatā€™s the same oil I use in my Supra. It makes the engine run quieter and smoother. I needed an oil that would take more abuse than the Gazoo 0w-20. I canā€™t believe how thin that oil is. Its like water when you drain it.

Also, thatā€™s a good price for the kit, I paid $75 through Amazon.

-RJM

E8D469A8-285C-43EA-BB94-F3DB3B957C38.jpeg

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

0xBADC0FFE

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Late reply, but...

First free service was okay and the tech was cool but the service manager was one of the worst people I have had to deal with.

Second free service (different location) I had a scheduled appointment but then they said I had to wait an extra hour because the only person that can drive and work on the Supra was at lunch. When I got it back some kid was driving my car and said it was the first one he had seen, so they did not follow their own rule about one person. He also put a giant oil change reminder sticker on my windshield and messed up the tint when I told him to take it off. Checking later, the drain bolt was not fully tightened and leaking a little oil. Not going back to any dealerships.

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
Late reply, but...

First free service was okay and the tech was cool but the service manager was one of the worst people I have had to deal with.

Second free service (different location) I had a scheduled appointment but then they said I had to wait an extra hour because the only person that can drive and work on the Supra was at lunch. When I got it back some kid was driving my car and said it was the first one he had seen, so they did not follow their own rule about one person. He also put a giant oil change reminder sticker on my windshield and messed up the tint when I told him to take it off. Checking later, the drain bolt was not fully tightened and leaking a little oil. Not going back to any dealerships.
What dealership was the second change?

turbopk

First Name
Pk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2018 ford edge(DD)
Unless you need something repaired under warranty, avoid the dealers.
If not doing it yourself find a performance shop that has a solid rep.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Unless you need something repaired under warranty, avoid the dealers.
If not doing it yourself find a performance shop that has a solid rep.
Solid advice, this is what I follow.
Avoid the dealership at all cost unless dealing with a warranty item such as Excessive Oil Consumption.

-RJM

Vexeclipse2007

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra (future)
all the sport cars that i have owned I have always used Mobil 1 FULLY synthetic. Is this forbidden ??? Do u have to use a specific oil? I normally go to a local oil change place. But are the only 2 options...1) doing it urself 2) bring to dealership?

0649BB06-445C-4E89-916C-19818D442D2A.jpeg

polaris

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2017 Corolla iM
all the sport cars that i have owned I have always used Mobil 1 FULLY synthetic. Is this forbidden ??? Do u have to use a specific oil? I normally go to a local oil change place. But are the only 2 options...1) doing it urself 2) bring to dealership?
iirc Mobil 1 doesn't make oil that meets BMW's spec. It is highly recommended that you use an oil that specifically states it meets BMW's LL-14FE for 0w-20, or LL-01 for anything 0w-30 and up.
Sponsored