Oil for supra????

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
Interesting article. Its obvious there are more options than the Toyota GR oil.

The 2020 owners can use it without issues. Its the 2021 people that should consider other options if their engine drinks oil like a clapped out Audi A4.

-RJM
I use the exact spec oil the owners manual calls purchased from a dealer and documented. As long as its under warranty then there is zero issue with any 'issue' the motor could have. Given how in-frequent oil changes are now overall its easy. If an issue arises there wont be any debate about spec, make or application if the oil is tested by Toyota/dealer.

Sure once its out of warranty find that unique boutique oil the forums rave about and use it.

The amount of oil over think here is laughable. Read the manual and use that spec. If you cant well, a forum bro is right here to hold your hand and guide you lol :) :)
Sponsored

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 2021
I did, there absolutely clueless, parts guy said I would be the first to buy that Supra oil!
And this dealer is one of the largest Toyota dealers in South Florida!!
From my knowledge I don't feel a difference between them for example I use Castrol EDGE 0W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil instead of the GR Supra blend that you get from dealership I go by my owner manual and it says it's okay to put in this type of oil but my opinion is they probably just wanted us to over pay for there stuff I see and feel no difference in my supra it feels great and drives great

ToyoBMW

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE, 2004 S2000, 1999 Carrera
From my knowledge I don't feel a difference between them for example I use Castrol EDGE 0W-20 Full Synthetic Motor Oil instead of the GR Supra blend that you get from dealership I go by my owner manual and it says it's okay to put in this type of oil but my opinion is they probably just wanted us to over pay for there stuff I see and feel no difference in my supra it feels great and drives great
If you think about it, it's a difference of about $5 a quart. To pay $35 more per oil change, it's really no big deal when you spend $50+ to fill up the tank once.

trev_rs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium, '17 Abarth 124 Spider
Infrequent oil changes? I'm at 2400 kms (1500 miles) and the computer is already demanding it's first service/oil change.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Infrequent oil changes? I'm at 2400 kms (1500 miles) and the computer is already demanding it's first service/oil change.
How many days has it been since the last one?

trev_rs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
How many days has it been since the last one?
It's certainly going based on time. I bought it new last August, but could only drive it for a couple months because of where I live.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
It's certainly going based on time. I bought it new last August, but could only drive it for a couple months because of where I live.
One thing I always find interesting about length of time for oil, that time starts when you purchase the vehicle according to the computer. That oil has been in the engine since from whenever it was filled up. Obviously longer than a year. So the whole ā€œā€¦or every 12 monthsā€¦ā€ argument never made a whole lot of sense to me. Yours sounds like it the dealer couldā€™ve POSSIBLY set the computer when they got it since it isnā€™t August just yet.

trev_rs

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yours sounds like it the dealer couldā€™ve POSSIBLY set the computer when they got it since it isnā€™t August just yet.
It would not surprise me, they said it was the only one they had ever received and weren't expecting any more in the near future (at the time).

Neo1967

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra
Wait until 5000 miles and then do the oil change

Cosmok

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21ā€™ Supra
I go to BMW for the LL17 0W-20 and filter. Go to the source, they built the engine and it is cheaper for me than the Toyota dealer. $10.50 over quart and $19 for the filter.

GTGallop

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0 Rennisance Red
So what exactly would happen if you used just good old fashion mobil one 0w-20
Mobil 1 is low in Zinc which is a wear additive that you want in a higher RPM engine or in the event there is oil starvation (or if you lose the sump pan). I was a staunch M1 customer for years but switched to Valvoline because I like the additive package they use better. Now after reading this I'm curious what is in the super expensive supra oil Toyota sells?
Sponsored