Ordering Process For New Supra

Are you planning on buying a first year model?

• Yes, I can't wait any longer. Also willing to pay dealer markups.

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • No, I'll wait for the bugs to be worked out & the hype / markups to die down.

Votes: 57 78.1%

• Total voters

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I cant say for BMW but just recently I almost signed on the dotted line for a new RS3...and there was zero cost to track your order
And the cost of offering that "free" service was built into the premium you would have paid to buy that car, so it wouldn't really have been free at all. Marketing 101.

"No additional charge" would be correct.
Sponsored

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
I bought a new 86 and there was a 'track your order' feature available.
There isn't one in Canada - but then Toyota sells cars at a lower profit margin here than they do in Australia (pricing them lower in USD terms).

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
The forum has been quite lately.... Anyway today I dropped by my local dealer and asked my salesman if he had any new information but he said no, nothing has been released....he showed me where he could look at the 2019 models, and nothing showing for a Supra or other name...not a big surprise but worth a shot....

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
The forum has been quite lately.... Anyway today I dropped by my local dealer and asked my salesman if he had any new information but he said no, nothing has been released....he showed me where he could look at the 2019 models, and nothing showing for a Supra or other name...not a big surprise but worth a shot....
Dealers are completely clueless and importer would only know as the boast is already on it's way over.
I had about two weeks worth of notice for a Type R and no info on options or colours. It may very well be the same way for Toyota.

Unless there is a VIP programme like Porsche and Ferrari, there will be no heads up.
Cars are sent over factory optioned and sent to dealers, unless you pick one up as it lands from someone with a dealer license.
I'm speaking specifically with BC canada, I can't claim how it works elsewhere.

Villa Jonny

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lexus [V8] RCF, Camry [V6] SE
Vehicle Showcase
The salesperson i buy all my cars from doesn't know anything but told me that (Toyota Dealership) is already planning on marking up prices for the first models. Lol

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
The salesperson i buy all my cars from doesn't know anything but told me that (Toyota Dealership) is already planning on marking up prices for the first models. Lol
Not surprised. I feel like this car will be the most marked up car in recent years. Iā€™m so torn between biting the bullet and paying the mark up or waiting till they come down in price

mkivalex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1993 MKIV Supra TT 6SPD
If you are following the forums, you will know more info than the dealer 99% of the time. They are kept in the dark until they actually have cars to sell.

DevonK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Is markup even allowed in Canada? I didn't think it was.
Not in Ontario in my experience. Even when released, the CTR was MSRP only here - if you could get one. Some dealers do try and force you to take addons (VIN etching, accessories, rustproofing) to boost their profits.

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
DevonK that makes me feel better for us in Canada, although I seem to recall when the Miata first came out dealers here were doing price manipulations....
Sponsored