Ordering Process For New Supra

Are you planning on buying a first year model?

• Yes, I can't wait any longer. Also willing to pay dealer markups.

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • No, I'll wait for the bugs to be worked out & the hype / markups to die down.

Votes: 57 78.1%

• Total voters

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Pretty sure many dealers here in Alberta marked up hellcats and demon
Sponsored

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
Found this online, dont know if accurate but accordingly to the Canadian Competition Bureau,

Sale above advertised price
Section 74.05 of the Competition Act is a civil provision. It prohibits the sale or rent of a product at a price higher than its advertised price. The provision does not apply if the advertised price was a mistake and the error was immediately corrected.

If a court determines that a person has engaged in conduct contrary to section 74.05, it may order the person not to engage in such conduct, to publish a corrective notice and/or to pay an administrative monetary penalty of up to $750,000 in the case of a first time occurrence by an individual and $10,000,000 in the case of a first time occurrence by a corporation. For subsequent orders, the penalties increase to a maximum of $1,000,000 in the case of an individual and $15,000,000 in the case of a corporation.

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
None, other than now might have been a bad time to buy a house last week lol.
I'll keep you guys posted if I hear anything, no guarantee some Canuck up north will have any exclusive info though.

FirstStateCamber

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
93 MKIV Supra, 09' 997.1TT, 15' Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
$3k - $10k+ was the mark up on the first set of Ford Focus RS. So I see the same happening here.
Did you see that one Ahole that paid nearly $70k for his RS, SMH...

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did you see that one Ahole that paid nearly $70k for his RS, SMH...
Link, who pays 70k for a ford vehicle that isn't a shelby or a ford gt?

Has any Toyota dealer started taking deposits?
The dealers don't even know powertrain options or if they'll be getting any news just yet. Expect deposits around July, as I think leaks are going to come rain down ove rhere, and driving the Supra in GT Sport should give us an idea.

FirstStateCamber

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Link, who pays 70k for a ford vehicle that isn't a shelby or a ford gt?
There is a video of a early RS adopter who paid a hefty markup to be one of the first owners in the US. I did some YT searches but no luck...

$70k Shelby yes, Ford GT no way ($400k).

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
There is a video of a early RS adopter who paid a hefty markup to be one of the first owners in the US. I did some YT searches but no luck...

$70k Shelby yes, Ford GT no way ($400k).
Well, for the Gt, I was saying no reason to pay 70k or even more for a Ford vehicle unless it's those two.

And also, the Focus RS isn't anything to go nuts with honestly. Everyone wants it, but it doesn't sell like the normal focus does for obvious reasons.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Just like anything else in today's world....there are good apples and bad apples in every bunch...no exception to dealerships. I remember when the 350Z came out in 2003, and dealers were selling them for $50k+ just because it was the return of the Z. This price gouging went on the following year, and I ended up finding a reputable dealership the western suburbs that not only sold me a 350Z for MSRP, but I got a student interest rate of 0.9% for financing. So, there will be douche dealers looking to make a quick buck, but if you can wait....something will come up.

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just like anything else in today's world....there are good apples and bad apples in every bunch...no exception to dealerships. I remember when the 350Z came out in 2003, and dealers were selling them for $50k+ just because it was the return of the Z. This price gouging went on the following year, and I ended up finding a reputable dealership the western suburbs that not only sold me a 350Z for MSRP, but I got a student interest rate of 0.9% for financing. So, there will be douche dealers looking to make a quick buck, but if you can wait....something will come up.
I have two Toyota dealerships around me with a five mile radius. I know one guy who is looking forward to the Supra and seems to be more of a car guy/salesman when he needs to be. The other dealerships give me nightmares. I don't want to return to that one. Can't imagine when this car comes out what ridiculous pricing they'll put on that thing.

FirstStateCamber

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I should see if my local dealer wants my MKIV for the showroom (need a glass box) when this one finally shows its face...
Sponsored