Paint turning Orange / Pink!! HELP (UPDATE: RESOLVED!)

OP
OP
mk5_Zupra

mk5_Zupra

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0
Thats white dust, came off. orange peel, and bad prep. Im taking my car in tomorrow to the shop my local porsche dealer recommended. I'm totally fine spending money fixing it correctly. The Toyota dealer did it free, they probably sent my car in quick and cheap and had it sitting in their lot.
Sponsored

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Why don't you escalate it past the dealer to corporate. Being a 22 you should still have basic new car warranty that would cover paint defects. Just take it to your shop of choice and send the bill to Toyota. Unless it's different in the states than Canada.

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 2.0 21 Camry TRD 18 RX350 19 Outback
I argued with the GM for 1 hour and they sent me out. I took the time to go to my local Porsche Dealership and asked where they pair their high end cars and they told me to get my Supra done correctly at this place they always use. The place they recommend works on their fleet, Mercedes, super cars, etc. they also told me go to that shop and donā€™t ever take Supra back to Toyota dealer :(

now Iā€™ll have to spend good amount to get it properly done, which isnā€™t an issue. I just want it done correctly.
Tell the dealership you expect them to pay for the work done at the shop Porsche recommended. If they donā€™t agree to pay to get the job done correctly, let the dealer know you will:

1. Write a letter to Toyota to reporting their negligence and incompetence and ask that Toyota make things right. In the letter, let Toyota know that you will also be taking action on items 2-4 below.

2. You will file a consumer protection complaint with the state Attorney Generalā€™s office who will investigate them.

3. Call the local news stationā€™s consumer protection reporter (get their name and use it) to report unethical business practices.

4. You will post a scathing Google review with pictures and dealership employee names of how they screwed you on a brand new car.

This is outrageous on a new car. Putting good thoughts out there for you.

Bonus idea- find out who owns the dealership and complain to them.Even if itā€™s some large corporation, there are still people out there who may be able to do something. You have nothing to lose.

OP
OP
mk5_Zupra

mk5_Zupra

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0
Tell the dealership you expect them to pay for the work done at the shop Porsche recommended. If they donā€™t agree to pay to get the job done correctly, let the dealer know you will:

1. Write a letter to Toyota to reporting their negligence and incompetence and ask that Toyota make things right. In the letter, let Toyota know that you will also be taking action on items 2-4 below.

2. You will file a consumer protection complaint with the state Attorney Generalā€™s office who will investigate them.

3. Call the local news stationā€™s consumer protection reporter (get their name and use it) to report unethical business practices.

4. You will post a scathing Google review with pictures and dealership employee names of how they screwed you on a brand new car.

This is outrageous on a new car. Putting good thoughts out there for you.

Bonus idea- find out who owns the dealership and complain to them.Even if itā€™s some large corporation, there are still people out there who may be able to do something. You have nothing to lose.
I have done all of above, left a detailed 1 start review, BBB, even filed a detailed report with state attorney general's office. I called and got ahold of the owner of the dealership, they literally told me "No" and started offering me stupid floor mats and accessories for free to which I told them go F themselves. I got ahold of Toyota customer support but they were no help :(

Do you think ordering a OEM paint matched bumper online and just replacing in my garage is better than painiting? I already got a quote from one of my local porsche dealerships prefered shop and that painter works with AMGs, Lambos, Exotics, Motorcycles, BMWs and Porsches.

https://www.revemoto.com/products/2...?variant=39915207262290#productdetailssection

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Itā€™s sucks but you have to pick your battles. A respray will never be perfect like factory. If thereā€™s a couple areas of dust particles, perhaps they can wet sand them to improve the look. The more you have them respray the bumper, most likely the more issues. Iā€™m super picky too but know what to anticipate with a reworked bumper.

As for pre-painted bumper via revemoto you arenā€™t guaranteed a perfect paint match (perhaps close). At least when they have your car at the dealer they can do a spray out card to match your hood, etc.

OP
OP
mk5_Zupra

mk5_Zupra

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0
Itā€™s sucks but you have to pick your battles. A respray will never be perfect like factory. If thereā€™s a couple areas of dust particles, perhaps they can wet sand them to improve the look. The more you have them respray the bumper, most likely the more issues. Iā€™m super picky too but know what to anticipate with a reworked bumper.

As for pre-painted bumper via revemoto you arenā€™t guaranteed a perfect paint match (perhaps close). At least when they have your car at the dealer they can do a spray out card to match your hood, etc.
I booked an appointment to drop my car off on April 3rd for bumper re spray with Porsche preferred shop and I asked my local Mercedes dealer and they use the same shop for their higher end trims and cars. Iā€™m hoping after this itā€™s good, and I can move on and enjoy my car in the summer :)

I checked the shops work and met the guy in person and he has worked on lots of luxury cars and even showed me the cars and work in person.

NitroYellowMKV

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Burnout A91 MT
Best of luck brother but I would still have your attorney send a letter to the dealer explaining the legal action you will be taking against them for fraudulent business practice or whatever. That generally gets them going !

OP
OP
mk5_Zupra

mk5_Zupra

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0
Good news, I had the district manager call me for Ourisman because I had a complaint filed in state attorney office. They are cutting me a 2,000$ check to pay for my recent perfect re spray and trouble šŸ™‚. Finally! My car should be done by Friday, since I dropped it off at Porsche approved body shop (exotics and Porsches work primarily). And the district manager agreed that they used a parking lot mobile painter and they deeply apologized before šŸ˜¤

OP
OP
mk5_Zupra

mk5_Zupra

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0
Hereā€™s the final update, just got the car back and absolutely blown away from PERFECT match. Flawless work, extremely happy! Here are some pictures. For reference I had it re sprayed from my local Porsche preferred dealer shop! Finally! :cool: Safe to say this thread is resolved.

FEF9C44D-4873-4FF8-B2E4-1E99ADE0F84B.jpeg

A23725CB-0571-4B88-97D2-015599B60279.jpeg

4188EC11-D118-4129-9BA0-E275CA5E7426.jpeg
Sponsored