Paint turning Orange / Pink!! HELP (UPDATE: RESOLVED!)

OP
OP
mk5_Zupra

mk5_Zupra

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0
I’m definitely forking out the money for PPF after they finish repaint, I think I have to wait 3 weeks for paint to cure and I have a perfect shop located next to my work that does fantastic job at ceramic coating and PPF. Hopefully everything goes well, I’m excited and definitely gonna take my sweet ass time and Inspect the re spray and even body panels for over spray!

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I’m definitely forking out the money for PPF after they finish repaint, I think I have to wait 3 weeks for paint to cure and I have a perfect shop located next to my work that does fantastic job at ceramic coating and PPF. Hopefully everything goes well, I’m excited and definitely gonna take my sweet ass time and Inspect the re spray and even body panels for over spray!
Yeah, he careful during those 3 weeks. A darn never again type crap can hit your bumper. Or maybe just my luck..

OP
OP
mk5_Zupra

mk5_Zupra

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0
While waiting on a re spary for my car, I keep thinking how the end result will turn out. Did I do the right thing to go directly to Toyota dealer? Will the dealership hire a mobile paint guy or send to actual body shop? I am just overthinking I believe but anyone with experience please let me know how it is usually? They said car should be done by Monday and I had it dropped off Tuesday the 14th

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
While waiting on a re spary for my car, I keep thinking how the end result will turn out. Did I do the right thing to go directly to Toyota dealer? Will the dealership hire a mobile paint guy or send to actual body shop? I am just overthinking I believe but anyone with experience please let me know how it is usually? They said car should be done by Monday and I had it dropped off Tuesday the 14th
If it doesn't look good just get them to redo it. Our cars aren't using rare expensive colors. They are generic BMW colors, so I doubt it'll be hard to match.

OP
OP
mk5_Zupra

mk5_Zupra

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0
*Turbulence Gray = (C2Y). Aka BMW Bluestone Metallic - 51-91-2-465-726 = Toyota 0D03

This is the color code that matches the supra? BMW / Toyota?

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
You should get this dealt with by the dealer no questions asked which it seems you have. That's the least they are obliged to do. This is why I never pay for a new car with a direct deposit the day before delivery. I insist on viewing the car I'm purchasing before I hand over any payment. I'm not interested in any bullshit "reveal" with a big bow and a car cover on the showroom floor and a photo I'm just focused on inspecting the car I'm buying. The last new car I bought the sales guy was a bit shocked when I told him to just get the stupid cover off the car so I could inspect it before I paid for it. He said to me "now no picking faults with your new car you should be excited to take delivery" as I was giving it the once over!
Seriously, who the hell is buying new cars these days. Do people just wet their pants as the cover comes off and drive away?

Phil

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Unfortunately,I’ve seen this many times! trust no one!!! They all lie and mislead! I’ve had white. Black &red cars with paint defects in the past, they farm it out to THERE paint shops
Who are Half assed at best! Find a paint shop
On your own, research it, get reviews, then send the bill to your lying dealership!!

Nezluver66

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 toyota gr supra 3.0 premium
I just got off the phone with the original dealer. I spoke with the GM and all he told me is to “bring your Supra in the morning, we will make sure to make it right with you”. I don’t know the truth to that but I simply told them to repaint and fix the horrible job and do it better. 😕 let’s see what happens tomorrow when I arrive at Ourisman Toyota Woodbridge.
I bought my Supra from Ourisman Toyota Woodbridge last year and my two local Toyota dealerships in Georgia told me that when they run my Vin# it says some cosmetic work had been done to it at the a dealership. I bought it new.

Drnick

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 supra premium
Dealership ran your vin and it showed cosmetic work was done? Does it specify
What cosmetic work was done?

Quinn

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Cu A91MT, 02 Spec E46, 04 Sequoia
I bought my Supra from Ourisman Toyota Woodbridge last year and my two local Toyota dealerships in Georgia told me that when they run my Vin# it says some cosmetic work had been done to it at the a dealership. I bought it new.
Maybe these guys get all the reject train transport damage vehicles?

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
I have many ppf installs under my belt since 1998 … indeed wait the 30 days for the paint to fully cure.

Also stay off the freeways to avoid rock chips or debris in the 30 day interim.

Have the headlights ppf’d as well (cheap insurance).

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
~ Typically dealers are only required to disclose the repair to customer if it exceeds a certain dollar amount with a new car.

OP
OP
mk5_Zupra

mk5_Zupra

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0
I hope the re spray that I will be getting will not show up in car fax or something and diminish future re sale value, not that I would sell it that quick. As long as re spray is matched and perfect im happy. I also asked what body shop Ourisman Toyota Woodbridge sent my car too and they told me (https://lmbodyshop.com/). Seems like a legit good body shop with decent reviews. Also they have a new listing for a white 2023 supra with 9 miles, I wonder what damage that one has that they are selling lol

DesertSupra2.0

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 2.0 21 Camry TRD 18 RX350 19 Outback
If this was my car, I’d:

1. Find a body shop that specializes in high end cars. If you have trouble finding one, ask your local Porsche or Ferrari dealer who does their bodywork.

2. Tell the dealership you will not be satisfied unless your car is handled at this shop.

3. Bring you car there.

Trust me: there is a difference in the quality of shops out there. Toyota is a mass production car and the dealer will send your car where they work on Corollas. You car is special and it deserves special.
Sponsored