Paint turning Orange / Pink!! HELP (UPDATE: RESOLVED!)

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
Unfortunately unless you’re willing to go to the mattresses with the dealership and/or Toyota corporate then I think you’re stuck. I’d be raising hell with the dealer and if they don’t fix it then it’s on to filing complaints with Toyota, the BBB, etc. that’s time consuming though. Wish you best.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mk5_Zupra

mk5_Zupra

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0
Dealer is about 30 min drive from my home, the original place where I bought it. I have so many questions too, it’s silly and dumb on my part I was not knowledgeable enough to notice when looking at car in Toyota showroom floor. I’m going to the dealer and going to bring this up, I will keep updating this thread on what happens next.

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
OP, it's time to face reality.

You gotta sell the car.

JK, just tell them that the bumper paint match is garbage and you want it done better from a better shop and have them front the bill.

Worst case, they won't. Best case, they do. Medium terribleness, you pay half.

OP
OP
mk5_Zupra

mk5_Zupra

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0
I just got off the phone with the original dealer. I spoke with the GM and all he told me is to “bring your Supra in the morning, we will make sure to make it right with you”. I don’t know the truth to that but I simply told them to repaint and fix the horrible job and do it better. 😕 let’s see what happens tomorrow when I arrive at Ourisman Toyota Woodbridge.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I just got off the phone with the original dealer. I spoke with the GM and all he told me is to “bring your Supra in the morning, we will make sure to make it right with you”. I don’t know the truth to that but I simply told them to repaint and fix the horrible job and do it better. 😕 let’s see what happens tomorrow when I arrive at Ourisman Toyota Woodbridge.
I would go in without any hostility. Can't assume the dealer was the one that repainted it. It could have happened at port and the dealer was unaware.

OP
OP
mk5_Zupra

mk5_Zupra

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0
I agree, But worst case if they deny everything or anything, I'm just afraid that a certified body shop would fix it but it would definitely be different shade from the rest of car and probably have orange peel. I guess if wrapping the car a different color solves it then i guess that's a solution too. But maybe just maybe the dealer is nice enough to at least offer half payment of re spray properly. fingers crossed, honestly sick to my stomach:(, I have a OCD problem and its not always a fun feeling

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
You're going to wrap what now? only the bumper?? just because of this or were you going to wrap the whole car at some point anyhow?

A reputable shop shouldn't, well heck, I painted my previous car with 0 orange peel top to bottom with little experience. they shall take their time. sand it to nice smooth 1000-2000 range and it should be like baby's bottom.

Then PPF it wrap it zip it fax rename it

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
I took my Supra to Ourisman in Woodbridge once...just once.

OP
OP
mk5_Zupra

mk5_Zupra

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0
Waiting at the dealer for GM, I really hope it was worth the drive. But would you guys trust a Toyota Certified Collision Center? Specifically Ourisman Fairfax Toyota Collision to perform a re spray for bumper?

OP
OP
mk5_Zupra

mk5_Zupra

First Name
Hamza
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra 3.0
Good news! The GM saw the defect and told me to bring it in their service lane. He assured me that they will take care of the re spray and will properly get it done to OEM spec. I even asked how and where they plan to do it, the GM told me they will send out to their certified body shop and remove bumper and properly prep everything for re spray. They put me in a free 3 day loaner and shook my hand and said “We take care of our customers and don’t worry we will fix the issue”. That’s a sign of good news! Hopefully 🤞 all is well after 3 days

MisterSkiz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra, 2008 Lexus IS-F
When you go to pick up the car, have them pull it outside and inspect the color, finish, etc...