Petition To Toyota For Manual Transmission.

Which would affect your buying decision for the Supra, Toyota Safety Sense or a Manual Transmission?

• Total voters

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Generally, everyone I've worked with at Toyota are nice people with a passion for creating cars people love.

These individuals aren't bad folks either; it was more a passing comment (of annoyance) about this entitlement the public has, and how they insinuate Toyota doesn't know what they're doing when in reality they are the most successful car brand to ever exist by order or magnitudes. They're people just like anyone else, so things do get to them an elicit responses, but this is also something said only to me over drinks.

The Toyota Way is still the core principle.
Toyota’s way of manufacturing, QC, product offering etc are second to none. In the 80s and the 90s this was coupled with adventure.. in the sense that they built cars that the common man wanted (Camry, corolla, Cressida, 4Runner, LC) then there was an adventurous side that built the Celica, Supra, MR2, even a damn supercharged Previa van (RWD supercharged minivan). Then comes the late 90s / early 2000s... we enter this phase were the adventurous side goes MIA. And you are left with a Camry, Corolla, Avalon, and a host of SUVs. That is the part that people generally remember of Toyota and then associate them with appliance manufacturers... sadly they don’t remember what they’ve done before. It’ll take a long time to change brand image now given the amount of time that has passed by .. kids that were toddlers when the Supra left the scene are now in their 20s... they never knew the adventurous side of Toyota.

Passion that went into making Lexus was something that made me love Toyota and Lexus on the whole to begin with. To an extent, I feel toyota could’ve pulled this whole Supra thing by themselves and not even use BMW for anything.
Sponsored

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Part of the reason Tada is still employed as a contractor is in order to pass that passion you speak of on to the younger engineers that have little to no care or experience with sports cars and excitement.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Part of the reason Tada is still employed as a contractor is in order to pass that passion you speak of on to the younger engineers that have little to no care or experience with sports cars and excitement.
It’s sad to even hear that Toyota has employed folks that don’t care to begin with. It’s hard to teach someone to love something....

Toyota needs those little kids that always put his face against a window of a car to see how it looks inside.. the curiosity of what they are and why they are. Kid that gets excited when he/she hears an engine. That’s what we need to keep this dying passion alive.

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Subaru WRX STI, 1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale
The sad part is that I went into engineering to work for Toyota as a Mechanical Engineer. I went to school in Washington and thus didn't have the automotive experience most people have like in California or Michigan. I finally moved to Michigan after school in order to try and work in the auto industry and now I don't have the experience that Toyota is looking for in a young engineer. I have the passion, the dedication, the desire to work, but because I don't fit the "requirements", I won't ever get a chance. At least an interview would be promising, but I can't ever get past this because the of experience that they require.

SVHO

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 MX5 ND, 2019 Acura RDX
The sad part is that I went into engineering to work for Toyota as a Mechanical Engineer. I went to school in Washington and thus didn't have the automotive experience most people have like in California or Michigan. I finally moved to Michigan after school in order to try and work in the auto industry and now I don't have the experience that Toyota is looking for in a young engineer. I have the passion, the dedication, the desire to work, but because I don't fit the "requirements", I won't ever get a chance. At least an interview would be promising, but I can't ever get past this because the of experience that they require.
Life sucks man. Just start with any company but within the field you studied. Once you have gained experience, you have more options.

Novice_Mentality

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2006 Subaru WRX STI, 1997 Toyota 4Runner Limited, 2015 Ducati 899 Panigale
Life sucks man. Just start with any company but within the field you studied. Once you have gained experience, you have more options.
Thanks man! Exactly what I'm doing! I'm hoping to get enough experience under my belt to at least be considered. If life was easy, these struggles wouldn't make the accomplishments as great :beer:

Blupra

First Name
Blu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2 and Honda S2000 - both 6MT
Not shocked. Thanks for sharing.

Audi/VW will still sell manuals through VW and Porsche, makes sense for Audi to step away.

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It's a fact that once you make everything electronically controlled or ECU managed, you can program the shit out of the car for fuel economy, noise, performance, etc...I would assume, apart from added cost, this would be a big driver for Toyota...
I love my M/T and would only consider giving it up if the transmission is super responsive and gives me enough control. but, I guess I'd still miss heel-to-toe and the thrill of putting the clutch in and changing gears.. well f it. I want M/T for sure!

cottonwoood

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Previous MKIV owner
Guys, I'm sure Change.org makes everyone feel special and all, but it means nothing IMO.

Hit up Toyota directly via email here:
https://www.toyota.com/support/#!/app/ask

Hit them up via a letter mailing in here:
Postal Mail
Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.
P.O. Box 259001
Plano, TX 75025-9001

When an actual person has to be assigned to, and respond to, your inquiry it is more like to be heard.

I have already done this and although the response was a cordial "we appreciate your feedback and will take it into consideration", if they get enough of these it may open an eye or two.

The idea that its a lot of development is not true, BMW has the MT already designed and built for this motor, its just an executive decision.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hear a lot abt getrag-toyota, but that's it. What happened?
Toyota turned into a girl boy and Getrag was not cool with that. Who knows.. lol

XtremeMaC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
signed & emailed. fingers crossed.
Sponsored