Petition To Toyota For Manual Transmission.

Which would affect your buying decision for the Supra, Toyota Safety Sense or a Manual Transmission?

• Total voters

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think it was almost fateful, as Guff said his mentor was the chief engineer of the JZA80, so FRS/BRZ were a big deal, but this was a tribute to his past.
Love to see if he had left any marks or etches into the car for ca rlovers like doug Demuro.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
he's not doing so well these days, after the FRS/BRZ and now this car... his hair is all gray, he has a bad hip and limps, and he gets tired fairly easy and has to rest...

he's only 60 but his body is telling him to retire completely instead of on paper.
I always figured he was at least 40-Something

But if the Supra development is that taxing, i can see why they decided on Spring 2019 as a release date

Guff

Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A80, A90, Mk1 Celica
Vehicle Showcase
I dont think all hope is lost, especially given how awesome the junior engineers I know are, but it concerns me that his vision will be distorted. thankfully Akio will still be around though.
Let's not forget Sasaki-San. He was there for 86 and now Supra as well as Tada-San's right-hand man. I think he's at GR now (I'm pretty sure he headed the GRMN Yaris), but nevertheless, a talented engineer with plenty of his career ahead of him.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase
Guess that is entirely possible and wouldnā€™t be totally surprising...
Yeah.. agree with that. This forum is quoted anything MKV related. Iā€™d be actually surprised if hasnā€™t read through some stuff.

Levi

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Alfa Romeo
Guys on ClubLexus, Lexus Enthusiast and FT86Club did a great job for the community with regards to TMC. Don't know how the other TMC related forums are doing (thinking about BOF truck forums), but I am certain there is as much enthusiasm.

Prius_F_Sport

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'14 Subaru BRZ, '12 BMW M3
Yeah.. agree with that. This forum is quoted anything MKV related. Iā€™d be actually surprised if hasnā€™t read through some stuff.
Also, we've been featured in some famous magazines.

Jdmuscle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Yogi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
94 Supra, 15 Viper, 16 Z06, 18 Shelby GT350, 15 IS350 F sport, 13 Vrod
Vehicle Showcase