Petition To Toyota For Manual Transmission.

Which would affect your buying decision for the Supra, Toyota Safety Sense or a Manual Transmission?

• Total voters

Viselord

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
Well, atleast it's better than not sending it at all. Keep trying, putting on the pressure and hope for the best. Least we can do.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
Doesn't matter, as a VP and director laughingly told me buyers have zero influence on the car making process and that it's hilarious to think so.

In other words, they don't care at all lol.

It was such a powerful statement that I just looked over like whoa, but I do understand the sentiment from their view (this was a response to all the shit talking online about what the car should or needs to have to succeed).

It's also not exactly a revelation/unique to this car or even the brand overall. That's the general consensus though in case anyone was curious.

OP
OP
LEG1T

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
Don't worry @Viselord i'm keeping hope alive.

I have hope that Toyota will make this car with a Manual still !

Never give up.

Jeff Lange

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
AE86, GSE21
Sending it can't hurt. Even if there is no manual right away, it could of course be released later.

It probably won't help. but it won't hurt!

Jeff

Viselord

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Subaru BRZ
I see the sentiment, however I believe we do (or should) have an impact, even if it is modest, on the decision making process. A car such as a Supra is an emotional purchase for most, and not one out of necessity. Ultimately, we generate the excitement behind the car. The excitement is the end goal of such products and certainly Toyota understands that. As a product developer, you definitely need the market to stay on "track" and deliver what the market wants within reason. Or else end up with something like the NSX - a great car but not really what the market was looking for (not that the Supra would end up like that).

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I should probably caveat that buyers do have a say technically, but that was back when people said they don't care about manuals and that it had to be an I6.

Those are the people that you guys take issue with.

The ZN6 had plenty of stuff built in that the research indicated buyers wanted.

OP
OP
LEG1T

LEG1T

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
91' Nsx
Curious as to why this was removed from sticky, do we not care about a Manual anymore and want others to see ?

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
Doesn't matter, as a VP and director laughingly told me buyers have zero influence on the car making process and that it's hilarious to think so.

In other words, they don't care at all lol.

It was such a powerful statement that I just looked over like whoa, but I do understand the sentiment from their view (this was a response to all the shit talking online about what the car should or needs to have to succeed).

It's also not exactly a revelation/unique to this car or even the brand overall. That's the general consensus though in case anyone was curious.
ironically this is the opposite of the "Toyota Way" ....

Modal170

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ironically this is the opposite of the "Toyota Way" ....
The Toyota way- Definition- What the fickle public wants in a car and we'll accommodate it, because it makes us money. Does not apply to sports car.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Generally, everyone I've worked with at Toyota are nice people with a passion for creating cars people love.

These individuals aren't bad folks either; it was more a passing comment (of annoyance) about this entitlement the public has, and how they insinuate Toyota doesn't know what they're doing when in reality they are the most successful car brand to ever exist by order or magnitudes. They're people just like anyone else, so things do get to them an elicit responses, but this is also something said only to me over drinks.

The Toyota Way is still the core principle.
Sponsored