Petition To Toyota For Manual Transmission.

Which would affect your buying decision for the Supra, Toyota Safety Sense or a Manual Transmission?

• Total voters

flightz71

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 BMW 535i / 2016 Porsche Cayman
Signed. Every car I have owned in my life has been a manual (MR2 Turbo, Supra Turbo, M3, M6, 240sx) except my recent GT-R, a Supra must come with 3 pedals!

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
146 in a day and a half, great job guys !
Excellent. Another 9854 signatures and might have enough to sway their decision.

I'm not trying to be a dick, but this needs to keep going for quite awhile and reach a much wider audience before it is presented to them. If we hand them a petition with 3 digit counts for people requesting a manual, you will only be justifying their current argument. 10k signatures might do the trick though. I know that seems high given that the mk4 only sold that many in North America total over all years, but the mk4 was a sales disaster here. The mk2 for instance sold over 300k worldwide.

Blupra

First Name
Blu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW M2 and Honda S2000 - both 6MT
^ up to 181... I agree that that it needs to be at least over 1,000 for Toyota to take it seriously. 10,000 would be great but how do we get there?

I cross posted this on S2ki and ClubLexus in current threads discussing the Supra, can anyone else cross post in other forums and report back?

Anyone have a massive FB, Twitter, or IG following to post this on?

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
I don't think Toyota would even take it seriously at a 1000. It would likely have to have to be 10,000+ to have weight.

Why not barrage Toyota on Twitter with comments of pure disappointment over no manual? :)

Both?

mikenogo

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
is350
I don't think Toyota would even take it seriously at a 1000. It would likely have to have to be 10,000+ to have weight.

Why not barrage Toyota on Twitter with comments of pure disappointment over no manual? :)

Both?
well, all the major auto news website are somewhat emphasizing their opinion about being 'auto' only. I am pretty sure the number of times tada has been asked about "where is the manual? will there be one?" has been many times than none.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
It's not about changing his opinion; this is to exert pressure on those in charge of budgets and possibly those that caused the auto only situation in the first place.

Last edited: