Post 6/2020 ECU unlocked in US

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
I have unlocked late 06.2020 DMEs, there is no single cutoff date,
easiest way is to check it with MHD app, "Unlock Check" button,
it checks what kind of lock DME has, whether it needs FEMTO or regular bench unlock, it does not check by build date, but by let's say lock mechanism
Yeah. The HSM. That's what I was saying is that you just can't go off by the date.

I wouldn't be surprised if they some find a way to implement daily rotated keys into ECUs if they haven't done so already. I don't know much about how security works in the auto industry.
Sponsored

_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
Isn't there someone who recently posted on the forums they got a job at Bosch? We need to find out where this mofo lives. We finna get unlocks! Viva la Resistance!

Sigg

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5,Supra 2018 KTM SuperDuke, 21 sienna plat
I keep coming back to this post thinking there might be news as it keeps floating back to the top.
Alas,
Only Sadness
-A Jb4 User

KAREEMMK5

First Name
Kareem
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
mk5
Isn't there someone who recently posted on the forums they got a job at Bosch? We need to find out where this mofo lives. We finna get unlocks! Viva la Resistance!
I asked bosch a few weeks ago, they stated is not unlockable yet and they put the project on hold

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 A91 Refraction, 68 Camaro SS, 17 GTI
I have unlocked late 06.2020 DMEs, there is no single cutoff date,
easiest way is to check it with MHD app, "Unlock Check" button,
it checks what kind of lock DME has, whether it needs FEMTO or regular bench unlock, it does not check by build date, but by let's say lock mechanism
Do you have to purchase the MHD app and dongle (assume so) to test this? I'm a 6/20 as well and i've always just assumed unlockable but not sure, though i did get the recall done so i'm not sure if that affected things either....

YellowJacket

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' Toyota Supra 3.0
yea my ECU is dated 06/29/20......If there was a easy way to check I'd check. I've just assumed, probably correctly, that it's locked.

Supercompact

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
Do you have to purchase the MHD app and dongle (assume so) to test this? I'm a 6/20 as well and i've always just assumed unlockable but not sure, though i did get the recall done so i'm not sure if that affected things either....
I would like to know this as well. I have an OBDLink, but I don’t think you can check for things like this through it.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
yea my ECU is dated 06/29/20......If there was a easy way to check I'd check. I've just assumed, probably correctly, that it's locked.
Our cars likely came off the line on the same day… also have 06/29/20

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Mine is 06/06/20. Does anyone know if you need the MHD specific wireless OBD II wireless adapter to work with the app?

Levanime

First Name
Levan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bimecu.com
Car(s)
BMW
The MHD App (MHD F+G) is free on app stores, and you dont need a license to use this function, so it's free
but, you need to somehow connect your phone to the car so the MHD app communicates with the DME and pulls data,
that can be done either by cable (aka ENET cable)
or MHD WIFI adapter

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The MHD App (MHD F+G) is free on app stores, and you dont need a license to use this function, so it's free
but, you need to somehow connect your phone to the car so the MHD app communicates with the DME and pulls data,
that can be done either by cable (aka ENET cable)
or MHD WIFI adapter
Faaaak, okay, was hoping i didn't have to purchase another adapter i would use for this sole purpose. I already have a Bimmercode compatible one and that's been working great. I'll do some more research on other options. I'm sure this has been asked 100x before, thanks for the response.

Levanime

First Name
Levan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bimecu.com
Car(s)
BMW
Faaaak, okay, was hoping i didn't have to purchase another adapter i would use for this sole purpose. I already have a Bimmercode compatible one and that's been working great. I'll do some more research on other options. I'm sure this has been asked 100x before, thanks for the response.
MHD Universal WIFI adapter supports all series, its good for flashing E/F/G series, it also supports EGS3 Flashing with xHP app on new G series and Supras

Bimmercode also supports it (and other apps)

its a good thing to have

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MHD Universal WIFI adapter supports all series, its good for flashing E/F/G series, it also supports EGS3 Flashing with xHP app on new G series and Supras

Bimmercode also supports it (and other apps)

its a good thing to have
Is there a difference between say the universal one from Burger and the one on MHD's website? I'd like to get one that's supported across the board if i'm diving into another adapter.....

Levanime

First Name
Levan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bimecu.com
Car(s)
BMW
Is there a difference between say the universal one from Burger and the one on MHD's website? I'd like to get one that's supported across the board if i'm diving into another adapter.....
MHD Website is not yet updated for MHD Universal WIFI Adapter,
although it's for sale already

I would say what company to purchase it from as they ship it the same day with USPS Priority,
but I guess ill get banned on this forum as I'm not sponsor, idk what rules are here :) (see link in profile)

Basically, with MHD Universal WIFI, the MHD flashing of DME is supported, transmission flashing with xHP is supported,
Coding apps like bimmercode/protool, etc are supported

Also, if you leave it connected, it also sleeps when car is off, so consumes very little power (still triggers alarm if its not coded out tho)

GMsuperfan

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MHD Website is not yet updated for MHD Universal WIFI Adapter,
although it's for sale already

I would say what company to purchase it from as they ship it the same day with USPS Priority,
but I guess ill get banned on this forum as I'm not sponsor, idk what rules are here :)

Basically, with MHD Universal WIFI, the MHD flashing of DME is supported, transmission flashing with xHP is supported,
Coding apps like bimmercode/protool, etc are supported

Also, if you leave it connected, it also sleeps when car is off, so consumes very little power (still triggers alarm if its not coded out tho)
Awesome, thanks a lot man, appreciate it!
Sponsored