Post 6/2020 ECU unlocked in US

kaiv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E46, E39
I assume you track for fun, so the Supra is fine. I see people bring mustangs to the track, they also have fun. Neither in stock form will perform very well.

I will say that the Supra « can » be made into a track machine, but it’s not near-stock
Not sure what you have in mind but I don't know of any car that will perform well on the track stock. Most will at the minimum need cooling, brakes and other upgrades.
Even a focused car like a GT3/RS will need an alignment at the minimum.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
. Middle school science projects every time you need to refuel is silly. True flex tune or 93(91) for those that aren't unlocked. Same goes for meth, amazing how many folks do blend tunes and meth for street cars, maximum effort with high risk and minimal reward.
I don't understand it either. I chalk it up to my being lazy. I don't feel like doing algebra every time I go to put gas in the car, seeing how I pretty much never fill up from empty.

I will say that the Supra « can » be made into a track machine, but it’s not near-stock
Well, yeah. That's every car that is taken to the track. FWIW this picture was taken approx 20hrs after purchase. The car did spectacularly and embarrassed the owners of some rather expensive cars.

Porsche3.jpg

dzeleski

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra, 2017 Tacoma
You lost me at eblend, fine for track folks but the rest of us live in the real world. Middle school science projects every time you need to refuel is silly. True flex tune or 93(91) for those that aren't unlocked. Same goes for meth, amazing how many folks do blend tunes and meth for street cars, maximum effort with high risk and minimal reward.
I don't understand it either. I chalk it up to my being lazy. I don't feel like doing algebra every time I go to put gas in the car, seeing how I pretty much never fill up from empty.
What are you both on about? Between science projects and algebra you would think we would need a lab coat and safety glasses on to pull into the gas station.

It literally takes 10 seconds to determine the blend. Look at your gas gauge take a rough guess at how many gallons are left, look at your current blend percentage, use an app to punch in the numbers and pump what it says from each. If you want to go crazy you can look at the level in the Supra app or through a data log tool but I never do. Even with largely guessing I get it within 5% every single time. Its not hard.

The only way you should be running a blend tune on the street is with a flex sensor, with out it you are being stupid. If you mess the ratio up a bit who cares the ECU is aware and will adjust accordingly.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
What are you both on about? Between science projects and algebra you would think we would need a lab coat and safety glasses on to pull into the gas station.

It literally takes 10 seconds to determine the blend. Look at your gas gauge take a rough guess at how many gallons are left, look at your current blend percentage, use an app to punch in the numbers and pump what it says from each. If you want to go crazy you can look at the level in the Supra app or through a data log tool but I never do. Even with largely guessing I get it within 5% every single time. Its not hard.

The only way you should be running a blend tune on the street is with a flex sensor, with out it you are being stupid. If you mess the ratio up a bit who cares the ECU is aware and will adjust accordingly.
Inputting 2 values into an app might be too hard for some people.

humblemoto

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91, '07 E60 M5, '19 Panigale V4S
Your first paragraph is very concerning as you try to double down. That's some serious cognitive dissonance to justify your actions. Of course there's a difference between finding a back road with zero chance of a random person/car becoming involved and doing it on a busy highway. Not to mention that it's almost impossible to find roads that can safely fit two cars side by side without any significant danger to others. When I was remote tuning my JB4 I have a place to test when it's empty, but that's an entirely different scenario to racing. Funny though that literally all the roll races I've seen videos of recently are on busy or travelled highways. And to modify a car with the primary intention of doing those activities more often and at higher speeds... Honestly you should evaluate your thoughts.

For the track you just have to control your right foot a bit more but coming out of turns the torque is nice. The car is probably the most track capable you can buy for under $90k.
Some clarity so I’m not misunderstood, I never race. On or off the street. Never understood the wallet measuring contest that is racing. Wanna win? Spend more than the other guy. I absolutely doubled-double on the “I’m an angel and never break the law” routine. What I do on clear roads when nobody is around is between me and the guard-rail ;).
I track my bike and can for sure see the appeal of building skill and technique, that isn’t why I bought a Supra. I wanted a cool looking fast street car. I’m halfway there, just much too expensive to get it fast for my budget.

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
Some clarity so I’m not misunderstood, I never race. On or off the street. Never understood the wallet measuring contest that is racing. Wanna win? Spend more than the other guy. I absolutely doubled-double on the “I’m an angel and never break the law” routine. What I do on clear roads when nobody is around is between me and the guard-rail ;).
I track my bike and can for sure see the appeal of building skill and technique, that isn’t why I bought a Supra. I wanted a cool looking fast street car. I’m halfway there, just much too expensive to get it fast for my budget.
That's fine, I don't know how you behave on the public roads, but your comment on JB4 not being enough for a street car... A stock Supra is already too much for a street car. Getting a custom tune and unlock so you can make 500+ horsepower with your only intention of using that power in speed competitions on public roads (which is what you effectively said).... That's quite frankly retarded. If that wasn't your meaning then fair enough.

Reactions: zrk

humblemoto

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 A91, '07 E60 M5, '19 Panigale V4S
That's fine, I don't know how you behave on the public roads, but your comment on JB4 not being enough for a street car... A stock Supra is already too much for a street car. Getting a custom tune and unlock so you can make 500+ horsepower with your only intention of using that power in speed competitions on public roads (which is what you effectively said).... That's quite frankly retarded. If that wasn't your meaning then fair enough.
Agreed, never condoned street racing.

I completely disagree that 500 is too much for the street. I assume traction limitations and plenty of cars put down 1500hp on modern shoes. Not sure if you drive on the road today but a modern performance car should benchmark in the hellcat and tesla electronic appliance territory at a minimum. Both of those being nearly ten years old now.

Mason

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0
Just because your Supra touched a track doesn’t mean it’s a good track car***

Also I wouldn’t call an alignment a modification. Problems like fuel cut out, small brakes, and slow throttle response good to mind when i think of a tracked Supra

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
Unless you race cars for a paycheck, fuck all the way off with your opinion on whether or not a car is track worthy.

Race at the track, not the street (unless it's a sanctioned event where the street is sectioned off into a track-like street course).

Now then, in an effort to get this thread back on track:
It's been a week.
Where the piss is the update/status from these stateside unlock cunts?
Sponsored