PPF Brands

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Xpel is my personal favorite when it comes to PPF’s.
Sponsored

FlexFiveOh

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Mk5
Vehicle Showcase
Suntek on all the damage prone areas (full front/hood, and rear of wheel wells) for my car. Full paint correction on the car + Suntek (areas mentioned + CQuartz FR (entire car and wheels) ran about $5k in Orlando. It is worth noting he used to precuts to make his own templates since he prefers to fully wrap and tuck everything so there are zero seams. Chris Kelley of Kelley Details north of Orlando, FL.

For those asking why Suntek vs Xpel. Both offer great protection, but neither will stop everything. Suntek can get a higher gloss and sheen versus Xpel, so that's why he uses Suntek--for that 5-10% better and brighter shine. I had him previously wrap a 392 challenger in Suntek and CQuartz and had absolutely zero issues. However, the Supra's front end fender is a MFer when your installer is a perfectionist like Chris.

spta97

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2020 BMW X3MC
Not sure if I believe the sales guy yesterday, but he said he has a guy who installs PPF with ceramic built into it.

Has anyone heard of this? I can't seem to find evidence.

Not this car, but on my X3MC it cost me ~4K for PPF of the full front, headlights, and mirrors and ceramic coating over the entire vehicle (plus windows). I would def get the headlights done on the Supra is it is low and they look expensive if they get hit. Also, it should prevent yellowing over the years.

Afterwards, I heard of another shop who did the full PPF with full ceramic for the same money.

Shop around and check local reviews. Wish I had known about the other place as if I do it again I would wrap the entire car.

delita1

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Z4 M40i, 2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Just had XPEL Stealth + XPEL Fusion Ceramic completed this weekend. I was amazed at how great it looks and is literally impossible to notice unless you are right on top of a seam (of which there are very few) - had a great installer. Finally no longer scared to take this thing into the city or leave it in a parking lot for more than a few minutes. The BMW Frozen paint had me scared.

Attachments

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Stek film is drastically better looking (to me) than other more popular options. It is a much smoother film with less texture, especially compared to Suntek or 3m. I was able to see examples of virtually every product out there before deciding on STEK. It is the only film that truly hides orange peel and gives a “wet sanded” look. I should have my car back Saturday and will post some intro pictures.
I also went with Stek, pretty happy and looks really good. Full front plus mirrors and a bit on doors was maybe $1700 from a local shop with a good reputation.
Sponsored