Praise, complements, and questions - hate isn’t the problem

KongerR1

First Name
Suzanne
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 2017 Cadillac XT5, 2006 Yamaha R1, 2001 Honda F4i
Since getting the Supra, it has become quite popular in the neighbourhood. Our sportbikes would bring all the neighbourhood kids, it's now the Supra! My neighbourhood has a lot of the imports that have been modded out like crazy, I can hear them driving by all the time! If any of us are in the driveway, guaranteed someone will stop and talk about the Supra and it's always good.

I was out in my driveway the other day standing beside the Supra and some guy drove by in his civic that clearly had work done to it. He looked at the Supra, looked at me, started revving his fart cans and we both started laughing. He drove off, it was a funny respectful communication without words, just exhaust!

I think the only 'bad' thing I've had with the Supra is the PPF installer said next Supra that comes in for PPF, he's definitely charging more as he said it is one of the hardest cars for PPF!
Sponsored

ShakaDaKine

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 TG 3.0
Yeah I've got that vibe from them. "Must only maintain rivalry with other American brands and ignore all else". I'd put $5 they'd scoff at an HSV GTS-R pulling up alongside.
No brand loyalty here...traded in my Holden for the Supra and the Holden was an excellent ride.

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
However, I found it ironically humorous considering I'd seen him several times when I had my RC-F and the Cayman before that
[/QUOTE]

My wifes rcF gets WAY more attention then my supra...
Everyone loves her car...
I get a little jealous at times...Hahaha

Steve

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
My wifes rcF gets WAY more attention then my supra...
Everyone loves her car...
I get a little jealous at times...Hahaha

Steve
Which color is it? Because unless it's molten pearl, I'm going to guess @H2O_Doc is correct in his assertion. My RC-F was Ultra White and I probably only had 5-6 comments on it during the whole 3 years I owned it. I got no comments at all on the Cayman (Agate Grey) but that one was a lemon which I returned after a week... but I did hit the drive-thru a few times that week. ;)

freeform911

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 a91 edition Supra 2016 Lexus rc f BMW 435I
Which color is it? Because unless it's molten pearl, I'm going to guess @H2O_Doc is correct in his assertion. My RC-F was Ultra White and I probably only had 5-6 comments on it during the whole 3 years I owned it. I got no comments at all on the Cayman (Agate Grey) but that one was a lemon which I returned after a week... but I did hit the drive-thru a few times that week. ;)
Ultra white with carbon package..
Carbon roof and wing...

Steve

Cruzifer

First Name
Valente
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra (Renaissance Red 2.0)
Confession! I loved F&F but I honestly didn’t care for the MKIV at all so the one person who brought up how it’s better I just laughed. It was a buddy at work so it was all fun.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Confession! I loved F&F but I honestly didn’t care for the MKIV at all so the one person who brought up how it’s better I just laughed. It was a buddy at work so it was all fun.
I feel similarly... honestly whether it's a "car flick" or a racing sim/game - if there's a Skyline in it... the Supra just kinda becomes invisible to me (including the MKIV). On the other hand, when it came time to replace the RC-F... while a used R35 would have certainly been attainable - using one as a daily driver didn't seem rational considering the fuel economy, comfort, and maintenance costs.

If I ever grow up and am willing to daily something far more "pedestrian" then a GTR for weekends only will definitely be my choice over even the most perfectly kept/upgraded MKIV. Unless I find someone willing to take a significant loss on a GT3 RS that is! :p

AustinGRSupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I get a lot of hate. Maybe it’s because I’m a fat ugly mother-effer, but it might also have something to do with Austin being Tesla Central.

Audi guys are some big haters on the Supra too.

Sangeof

First Name
Sanju
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra A91 Refraction
Took my Supra to chick fil a drive thru. The kid and I mean someone who wasn’t in college yet said to me he was a fan of the mk4 when he saw my car. I said yea they’re nice and kept it moving. That and some car guys I know who don’t even have decent cars trash talk my car in the group chat. I just laugh it off. On the street though, people of all ages complement the car especially the refraction color. There are times when I park the car somewhere and step into a building and someone sees the car and drools over it to themselves or others and I over hear it without letting them know it’s my car. Very satisfying to see grown adults going nuts over the car to their female friends who just comment on the nice car color. ?

SupraBC

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 2.0
I get a lot of hate. Maybe it’s because I’m a fat ugly mother-effer, but it might also have something to do with Austin being Tesla Central.

Hmmm, not here in Vancouver. I've caught a few Audi and Tesla owners giving some long stares at mine.....but I'm not fat nor ugly so you might have a point there ?

Lendo

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium (sold)

Just remind the Tesla drivers you stand up to pee and they’re driving economy cars.

romanLegion9574

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0, 2023 Toyota GRC Core
In terms of looks, the Supra punches above its weight. I feel like you need to get into MSRPs with 6 figures (definitely a few exceptions like the C8, Zs) before you get current model cars that draw the same amount of attention on looks alone.

This is a personal opinion, but I think Teslas look cheaper than their quoted MSRP. This might also be because Teslas are common in Seattle, but they don't look like a $70k+ car worth a second glance when I pass one.

Bundy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra A90, 2021 Subaru Outback
Had a guy in a Lambo pulling up next to me at a red light. He rolled down his window and said: “Nice BMW”
To which I replied: “Thank you, nice Audi”
To which I did not get any reply, he just rolled his window back up and drove off?
Sponsored