Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the A90 Supra. Available now.

Ryco

First Name
Darsiah
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV Premium & 2014 Scion FRS
Which one do you recommend. I already have a custom downpipe but want to bring the tone a little more deeper, but no rasp or drone
Sponsored

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
Last edited:

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Since the '21 is getting some engine changes, do you think your catback will still fit? I'm assuming that the downpipe location and exhaust path will remain the same.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Since the '21 is getting some engine changes, do you think your catback will still fit? I'm assuming that the downpipe location and exhaust path will remain the same.
I wouldn't be surprised to see a change in positioning (not sure how much) of the downpipe since the manifold input design changes from a 2 port over to a 6 port design which may take up a bit more space...Also didn't they also mention a change in exhaust as well? guess we'll see once the 2021 get released...

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I wouldn't be surprised to see a change in positioning (not sure how much) of the downpipe since the manifold input design changes from a 2 port over to a 6 port design which may take up a bit more space...Also didn't they also mention a change in exhaust as well? guess we'll see one the 2021 get released...
Yeah exactly. I'm thinking the downpipe will be different, but if it exits at the same location, I'm hoping a catback from the '20 will bolt right up.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
I have this exhaust and while I like it in general, I have been going crazy trying to get the fitment right. I just cannot do it. It is to the point where I had to order all new clamps. The tips pinch the inside of the bumper and hang too low. I was directed to the "how to align" videos but that is not the problem. After carefully studying the brothers video I think I found the issue but do not know how to resolve it (why don't you contact awe support?) --because there is such a crazy amount of info wanted to fill out that form I might as well be filing taxes.

It looks like much of the alignment of this system is dependent on that center "AWE" plate to space and position the mufflers. Compare what I actually have to the brothers video it is really apparent what the problem is. The actual system has nearly no play whereas the brothers version has an enormous amount of adjustment ability. Worse off, it appears to be on the bracket side not the plate side. There is not even the material to drill out the plate to give the kind of play that appears to be needed. Look how far out the brother adjustment is.

I wonder if I was sent an early model of this that has since changes..... How does one go about fixing them? creating a new plate? Replacing the muffler assemblies with the right brackets? I hate to post this here but the support form is way to overblown.

IMG_20200415_1149004.jpg

IMG_20200415_1154250.jpg

IMG_20200415_1154419.jpg

actual.jpg

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have this exhaust and while I like it in general, I have been going crazy trying to get the fitment right. I just cannot do it. It is to the point where I had to order all new clamps. The tips pinch the inside of the bumper and hang too low. I was directed to the "how to align" videos but that is not the problem. After carefully studying the brothers video I think I found the issue but do not know how to resolve it (why don't you contact awe support?) --because there is such a crazy amount of info wanted to fill out that form I might as well be filing taxes.

It looks like much of the alignment of this system is dependent on that center "AWE" plate to space and position the mufflers. Compare what I actually have to the brothers video it is really apparent what the problem is. The actual system has nearly no play whereas the brothers version has an enormous amount of adjustment ability. Worse off, it appears to be on the bracket side not the plate side. There is not even the material to drill out the plate to give the kind of play that appears to be needed. Look how far out the brother adjustment is.

I wonder if I was sent an early model of this that has since changes..... How does one go about fixing them? creating a new plate? Replacing the muffler assemblies with the right brackets? I hate to post this here but the support form is way to overblown.

IMG_20200415_1149004.jpg

IMG_20200415_1154250.jpg

IMG_20200415_1154419.jpg

actual.jpg
Without the plate, does everything line up correctly? If so, than the easiest fix would be line everything up, bolt it in place, measure the plate size you need and get a plate cut and drilled.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
So without the plate, the driver side is extremely loose (hence the orange strap) and the passenger side has some movement ability. I can push it all into position but without the constant pressure joining the exhaust (IE this plate) it is hard to say if it will stick there or there will be sagging. I honestly suspect it will stick there and judging from the brothers video it will take a lot of adjustment. This join point of the exhaust will ultimately control how close or far apart the tips are, the rotation of the muffler pipe I suppose will determine how high into the bumper the tips sit but it is impossible to tell unless I jerryrig something

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR

Your adjustment lies in the mid pipes. Clock them around and adjust the rear section to perfect alignment. I know you mentioned it, but please lend a few mins and fill out the support form to enable us proper documentation on our end.

You'll also get contacted directly by one of our engineers to assist ya quickly.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
So without the plate, the driver side is extremely loose (hence the orange strap) and the passenger side has some movement ability. I can push it all into position but without the constant pressure joining the exhaust (IE this plate) it is hard to say if it will stick there or there will be sagging. I honestly suspect it will stick there and judging from the brothers video it will take a lot of adjustment. This join point of the exhaust will ultimately control how close or far apart the tips are, the rotation of the muffler pipe I suppose will determine how high into the bumper the tips sit but it is impossible to tell unless I jerryrig something
Push it all in position, then measure the distance between the holes. Go to a hardware store and have a plate cut and drilled.

What I would do, is cut a piece of cardboard, mark the holes and use it as a template.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR
Yeah exactly. I'm thinking the downpipe will be different, but if it exits at the same location, I'm hoping a catback from the '20 will bolt right up.
We'll be analyzing and verifying any changes. We do this for every model year we manufacture for :thumbsup:

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Your adjustment lies in the mid pipes. Clock them around and adjust the rear section to perfect alignment. I know you mentioned it, but please lend a few mins and fill out the support form to enable us proper documentation on our end.

You'll also get contacted directly by one of our engineers to assist ya quickly.
Its not the midpipe, look at the bracket pictures, they can only “point” at each other one way, IE the muffler pipe can only line up one way. There is no play in those brackets nor the AWE plate. I think the pictures of the video version against the real version are pretty clear.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
I filled out the massively long overkill support form (I better be getting some extra trump cash its like filing taxes). At present the tips pinch and hang about an inch too low (stock hangers). If this gets resolved I will be sure to recommend but at present, the fitment pictured in videos and marketing isnt exactly accurate. I hope it is just me, but the midpipes only twist so much (especially that one side has the hanger bar so you know that is going to need to be level) and I can force the tips out with a ghetto replacement plate. How to raise the entire system is also not exactly clear.
Sponsored