Presenting the AWE Exhaust Suite for the A90 Supra. Available now.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR
I filled out the massively long overkill support form (I better be getting some extra trump cash its like filing taxes). At present the tips pinch and hang about an inch too low (stock hangers). If this gets resolved I will be sure to recommend but at present, the fitment pictured in videos and marketing isnt exactly accurate. I hope it is just me, but the midpipes only twist so much (especially that one side has the hanger bar so you know that is going to need to be level) and I can force the tips out with a ghetto replacement plate. How to raise the entire system is also not exactly clear.
Thank you for submitting it! PM en route.
Sponsored

TreyE

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Little extra video of flooring it and just cruising past for reference.

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Natek, It does appear that the holes on the exhaust itself do not allow for any play whereas they do on mine (as you show in the brothers video). That is clearly a design difference to me. This does allow for left to right play but I do agree some that the exhaust tips sit too low. See my pictures. With the stock hangers this is the best fitment I could achieve.

IMG_4141.jpg
IMG_4142.jpg
IMG_4143.jpg

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Holy shit the bracket is completely different. Not just the adjustment ability but even the cutout is rectangle vs my triangle. I want to pull those sections and send them back for swap out. I will let you guys know if that happens otherwise beware....

Also like the brothers vid look how far out you have that adjusted ... impossible to do with the setup i have!

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Holy shit the bracket is completely different. Not just the adjustment ability but even the cutout is rectangle vs my triangle. I want to pull those sections and send them back for swap out. I will let you guys know if that happens otherwise beware....

Also like the brothers vid look how far out you have that adjusted ... impossible to do with the setup i have!
I also have the bottom out more than the top to rotate it up as much as possible, but still seems to sit lower than I would like as you can see in the pictures.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
I also have the bottom out more than the top to rotate it up as much as possible, but still seems to sit lower than I would like as you can see in the pictures.
yes there is that part too but imagine if you couldnt rotate the bottom out like that, the exhaust would pinch the inner bumper walls such is the very case with me and because i am unable to adjust.

there was a slight dent on the driver side muffler when i got these, i did not really care at the time but now that with the change here makes me wonder if i was sent some early version or something remade. There is no real way to patch this... i would still want this exhaust on my car but the correct thing to do would be to swap those end sections. It sucks i already blew an extra $60 in new clamps because i tried adjusting these so much that the old ones no longer hold their integrity.

jopfer

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
yes there is that part too but imagine if you couldnt rotate the bottom out like that, the exhaust would pinch the inner bumper walls such is the very case with me and because i am unable to adjust.

there was a slight dent on the driver side muffler when i got these, i did not really care at the time but now that with the change here makes me wonder if i was sent some early version or something remade. There is no real way to patch this... i would still want this exhaust on my car but the correct thing to do would be to swap those end sections. It sucks i already blew an extra $60 in new clamps because i tried adjusting these so much that the old ones no longer hold their integrity.
I agree with you. I love the sounds of this exhaust, its amazing and the quality is top notch. I ordered as soon as it went live on the website (within 20 minutes) so I don't know what the difference is. I am hoping AWE makes it right whatever that may be because I love this exhaust.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
Yes the exhaust is very good in general but here is where we see if customer service makes it worth it. If i messed it up it would be on me, but here we have something that is not user error nor can be fixed in the field. I am hoping for the best in this all and in the meantime i am going to pull those sections off the car. Trust me, no amount of tube twisting will allow those brackets to give the play to allow this to align. I dont even care if the exhaust hangs like yours, but i dont want extremely how tubes against the plastic bumper.

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
I am working with AWE to get the parts swapped. The new parts are on the way. AWE is responding incredible quickly and professionally. I will report in on the outcome but the customer service level so far has been top notch. While this may be a snag, The exhaust itself sounds great and AWE will work to make things right so I am highly encouraging purchasing this exhaust without fear that things will be worked out if it does not immediately go to plan!

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR
I am working with AWE to get the parts swapped. The new parts are on the way. AWE is responding incredible quickly and professionally. I will report in on the outcome but the customer service level so far has been top notch. While this may be a snag, The exhaust itself sounds great and AWE will work to make things right so I am highly encouraging purchasing this exhaust without fear that things will be worked out if it does not immediately go to plan!
All squared away. Supra rumble inbound :headbang::thumbsup:

Natek

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch
I received the parts! It is exactly as everyone else is picturing now:
D0126459-4103-46D6-BD13-61899C74E415.jpeg

This allowed me to mount the exhaust a lot better! Including tucking the resonator pipe in the way it is supposed to be and getting the tips raised higher (stock hangers).

4514EB60-4945-4083-8B06-9D45684E823D.jpeg

BDC3285A-92F4-450C-B9D2-77AC5874C8EF.jpeg

C54A830B-5058-442C-A977-37FB146E6454.jpeg

592424C2-F95E-4AC8-9CBF-82A57591AE31.jpeg

AWE even went above and beyond and sent me new clamps.

I will try to post a startup video soon!

4117441F-7DF2-4C5A-9F04-B2D0B7E7E3FD.jpeg

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
Awesome! Happy it all worked out!

P.S. where in Ohio are you? I'm near Cleveland.

MKV_Ant

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
@Natek

I’m glad it worked out! Is this the non-resonated or resonated Catback?
Sponsored