Presenting the AWE Foiler™ Wind Diffuser for the GR Supra

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR
awe_email_header_product-release-forum-png-png.png

From the pioneers and creators of the Foiler™ Wind Diffuser comes the newest iteration for the GR Supra, available now:
  • Proven to kill the dreaded Supra “wind whistle” at speeds up to 130mph with windows up or down
  • Elegant design prevents head-imploding wind buffeting
  • Allows you to drive with your windows down on the street and the track
  • Features a recessed base to accommodate adhesive material thickness
  • From the pioneers and creators of the original Foiler™ Wind Diffuser
  • UV-stabilized injection-molded design for the perfect OE-style look
  • Combats buffeting, both on the street and on the track
  • Simple, quick installation
  • Perfect OE-like aesthetic and fitment
  • Comes as a set of two, driver and passenger-side, complete with die-cut adhesive
What’s wind buffeting?

Do you know that sound that makes it feel like your head is going to implode when driving your Supra at speed with one window down? That’s called wind buffeting. It happens when you’re moving fast, and can really ruin the overall experience that is the GR Supra. Instead of letting drivers be subject to this painful byproduct of fulfilling their need for speed, we fixed it.

The Foiler™ for the GR Supra

AWE’s Foiler™ Wind Diffuser, once again, sets the standard for defeating wind buffeting. Originating on Porsche 991 models, each Foiler™ is designed specifically for the platform they’re going on (instead of using previous designs and applying it to a new model).
  • If we’ve done this before, why didn’t we use the same designs that work for Porsches? Well, it’s simple. We observed reports of drivers experiencing “wind whistle” when their windows were up after equipping designs that followed suit of our previous iterations, as well as proving these observations to be true after rigorous in-house testing. Alas, we decided to create a bespoke design for the GR Supra that not only defeats buffeting with the windows down, but also doesn't introduce another issue -- wind whistle -- with the windows up.
The AWE Foiler™ Wind Diffuser boasts an unobtrusive yet elegant design, sharing an aesthetic with the existing mirror trim that allows it to look as if it came on the Supra from the factory.

Easily installed via the included die-cut adhesive, the Foiler™ doesn’t draw unnecessary attention with carbon weave or enlarged wings, nor does it share the same cost as other designs on the market.

Simply stick on, roll the windows down, and let ‘er rip (safely).

1110-11012-1_2.jpg
1110-11012-3_2.jpg
1110-11012-6_2.jpg
1110-11012-7_2.jpg

1110-11012-8_1_1.jpg

1110-11012-10_1_1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR
Price is right, but looks a little flimsy. I think I'd need to see this one in person.
They're quite robust while keeping a small form factor. Three-sided opposed to the typical two-sided. Get yourself a set -- they're great!

Reactions: zrk

TheRock

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
Price is right, but looks a little flimsy. I think I'd need to see this one in person.
damn I hate to be that guy, but it just looks a little tacky. It doesn’t have the appearance that it belongs there. I can’t believe that shape wasn’t engineered into the factory trim pieces that fit there….:banghead:

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I think they look better than the Carbon Fiber pieces available. I was going to order the Verus ones this week, so anything less than $200 is fine. In the end it's $200 bucks, so.. I'm not really concerned about it. Far under my wife and I's 'purchase threshold for impuse buys.'

But at $99 bucks.. I really can't see another @20 for shipping

TheRock

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I think they look better than the Carbon Fiber pieces available. I was going to order the Verus ones this week, so anything less than $200 is fine. In the end it's $200 bucks, so.. I'm not really concerned about it. Far under my wife and I's 'purchase threshold for impuse buys.'
ill just keep rolling with my windows up and the AC on ?

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR
Says the sales rep. lol.

But yeah, I'll probably order a set. I finally ripped off the $8.00 Amazon set.
Creative manager but wouldn't steer ya wrong. The POV in the video is from my face, and can confirm they relieved the feeling of head implosion, and can confirm they're sturdy :p:cool:

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR
damn I hate to be that guy, but it just looks a little tacky. It doesn’t have the appearance that it belongs there. I can’t believe that shape wasn’t engineered into the factory trim pieces that fit there….:banghead:
Interesting to read! Considering many of us here at HQ forget they're even on our Supra given their size and finish allowing it to blend in with the factory trim.

Can't comment on why Toyota did it this way, or why the problem exists on Porsches. We just fix it and allow drivers to rip without headaches. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR

But at $99 bucks.. I really can't see another @20 for shipping
Email me via [email protected], if ya don't mind. I'd like to look into this. Cheers.

eastwest2300

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
QX70
Yeah, me personally, I'll sit back and allow others who bought them to later come back and chime in on how they perform and at quicker speeds.