Jackyl tm

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Here's another video with me driving. I can't explain how amazing this was. If you haven't done it, you are missing out. Once in a lifetime experience.

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,
Looks like an HPDE instructor leaving the car in Sport auto to me? :D Congrats on catching the bug!

starman

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0P
I have my complementary Supra track day set in March 2022. Did you all need to buy the Snell rated helmets or do they have ones that you can borrow/rent?

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
Check /w NASA organizer but they should have rental helmets for supra owners for free as Toyota gave them bunch of helmets to rent out.

I've been with few professional drivers driving my car, s2000, including Andy Lally. It is mind boggling to see how they drive as well as knowing they are only putting out about 70~80% of what they can do on your car. if you get a chance to ride along, it is must to grab it.

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
I noticed the same thing, why not manual mode?!
When I instruct I have them leave it in auto so we can concentrate on braking and the proper line.

nibble

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BMW, Honda, Toyota
When I instruct I have them leave it in auto so we can concentrate on braking and the proper line.
yep. I tell them same. one less thing to think about when there's sensory over load for DE1. once they are more comfortable and have thinking room to spare, then try manual.

handsoffsam

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
997.2 GT3, 2021 A91, 2008 S2K CR,

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
Video of prodriver showing me what my car can do.
Nice! When did you do this? We may have been in the same group at NCM. I did this too and it was a blast. I highly recommend anyone with the opportunity to take advantage of it. It was unfortunate you didn't get any time to do hot laps by yourself, but NASA is so focused on safety they don't do it that way (like most private car clubs would allow you to do).

OP
OP
Jackyl tm

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
Nice! When did you do this? We may have been in the same group at NCM. I did this too and it was a blast. I highly recommend anyone with the opportunity to take advantage of it. It was unfortunate you didn't get any time to do hot laps by yourself, but NASA is so focused on safety they don't do it that way (like most private car clubs would allow you to do).
I went October 24. It was the most amazing experience. Anyone in doubt definitely do it and most definitely let them show you how much the car can do, at 80%!its insane.

The pro driver (I have another video on my channel, subscribe please haha,) but anyhow he left it in manual to explain the course in more detail. Pointing out things I had missed etc.

About the helmet, you need a snell rated helmet, not sure sure about all tracks etc but they had some to rent if needed. Not sure of the price though. I was lucky enough to borrow a friend's.

underdonk

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 Premium
I went October 24. It was the most amazing experience. Anyone in doubt definitely do it and most definitely let them show you how much the car can do, at 80%!its insane.

The pro driver (I have another video on my channel, subscribe please haha,) but anyhow he left it in manual to explain the course in more detail. Pointing out things I had missed etc.

About the helmet, you need a snell rated helmet, not sure sure about all tracks etc but they had some to rent if needed. Not sure of the price though. I was lucky enough to borrow a friend's.
Nope! We weren't in the same group. I went much earlier in the year. I feel the same way you do about the experience. Wish I could do it again!
Sponsored