Production Toyota Supra will be revealed in the first half of 2019 at Detroit!

Which Auto Show do you think we will see the production at?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SS09ER

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
RS13

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

SupraFiend

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
5 Supras currently
if all else fails...

2_800_jdm_toyota_supra_2jzgte_engine_6_speed_getrag_transmission_jza80_22123209.jpg
Absolutely.

If they can deliver us a new chassis with a good susp and drivetrain, we can take care of the rest once a little beemer depreciation has kicked in. How good the b58 is remains to be seen over the long haul. I like a lot of what I've read about it, but several things scare the crap out of me long term. For instance the aluminum block with iron "infused cylinders"? .3mm of iron bonded to the aluminum? Standard Toyota overbore pistons are .5mm over... How the hell do you rebuild that block? All forged pistons will be limited to stock bore diameter? Scary as fuck.

Also, the VANOS system is super scary, and in a hard location to service. Talk to peeps who have owned beemers over the last 10 years, the VANOS is known for failing. Then of course the integrated turbo and integrated air to water intercooler complicate upgrades.

But, today JDM vvti 2jzgtes are cheap and plentiful. However, mating them to manual trannies is getting crazy expensive. I hope they at least give us a car with a robust 6spd manual box. Someone will make a JZ bell and then things will be pretty decent and we can build something close to a real Supra ourselves.

Last edited:

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
... 2019 production reveal? FFS! I hope they're ready to take orders soon after that...

I wonder what the GR Supra Concept in GT sport will reveal, if anything.

justinco

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
btr.life
Car(s)
2022 GR86 | 1994 BMW 325is
Vehicle Showcase
@A70TTR worth the wait? Or buy a 2019 m2
Kind of my dilemma as well. Although I won't be in the market for a new car until at least November.

I got tired of waiting for the M2 when it was being released. I had a deposit and waited a while for an allocation with no movement. Got anxious and just bought another twin (the 2017 BRZ, had a '13 FRS before).

Lexusisf

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 Lexus-ISF
I like the poll.

I voted Pebble. The timing seems right, late August. They brought FT1 there after the 2014 unveil in Detroit. BMW brings most of its concepts too.

The concept lawn gets worldwide press. Every car guy is there, all of the journalists and a lot of the youtube stars. All of the big sports and luxury brands have a presence. The whole event oozes class, as does most of car week.

But TBH that's just a little wishful thinking. I could easily see it being Detroit in 2019 though, or even worse TMS. Toyota is in no rush at all. They do not seem embarrassed by this at all.
Craigy I like your thinking and want it to be true, but have accepted now, we wont see it until late 2018 early 2019...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.