PSA: Are you about to buy a new turbo? You should wait.

tanabersx

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, RAM Rebel 2021, 2018 BMW X5 e-Drive
Hopefully this one doesn’t blow the seals like CTS bottom mount. A guy I know just had his go out and his car started running like crap.

-RJM
That is crazy, I still have not heard any good reviews for the CTS turbo and I'm really looking for them.
Sponsored

tanabersx

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’ve been following. Still a long wait for a Chinese turbo.
I'm running out of hope for these bottom mount/stock location turbos. At the end of the day, we are all going to end up with a top mount any turbo setup.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
I'm running out of hope for these bottom mount/stock location turbos. At the end of the day, we are all going to end up with a top mount any turbo setup.
I... very very strongly disagree with that. The fast top mount cars are moving to bottom mounts. Faster spool and better heat management with the same turbos.

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 20.42.14.png

tanabersx

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I... very very strongly disagree with that. The fast top mount cars are moving to bottom mounts. Faster spool and better heat management with the same turbos.

Screen Shot 2022-10-02 at 20.42.14.png
What reliable options We've got? Regardless the price.

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
What reliable options We've got? Regardless the price.
That kit that I posted is on my car. It's Evolution of Speed. Happens to be the kit Payn has on his personal car and the kit that holds the stock block world record (8.87 @ 154). As far as I know, it's the only high-quality bottom-mount kit "available" right now. They're still custom-made, pricy, and take some time.

tanabersx

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
That kit that I posted is on my car. It's Evolution of Speed. Happens to be the kit Payn has on his personal car and the kit that holds the stock block world record (8.87 @ 154). As far as I know, it's the only high-quality bottom-mount kit "available" right now. They're still custom-made, pricy, and take some time.
I'm not looking to be the fastest supra in the west. I would just like a 700-800 capable full bolt on, no fab, happy medium spooling turbo kit for some spirited driving and every now and then destroy my brother's 700ish whp G80 M3 😂😂

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm not looking to be the fastest supra in the west. I would just like a 700-800 capable full bolt on, no fab, happy medium spooling turbo kit for some spirited driving and every now and then destroy my brother's 700ish whp G80 M3 😂😂
Cast pure might be a good option? Hard to say at this point.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Im really surprised someone from Remnant or a person in the IG chat hasnt said anything in here yet. He is expecting their 2 port housings ready next week or so (he said 12 days Tues Sept 27) then aprox 1.5 weeks after that to have completed kits. My understanding in that group is he will have 2 kits installed, one for Marin and his personal car for testing. then once everything works properly, will start making up the kits. Also my understanding is test is just making sure the wastegate is working properly and all that, not a full we are testing this for 5k miles or anything before they start making kits. I could be off on that last part, the chats get mudded with a lot of other stuff in them, but all I have heard is he is installing it on his car and Marin is getting a kit to install and full tune both, make sure no issues then sending kits out. I have not seen anything about testing for XXXX number of miles or XXXX amount of time. These are currently turbos they have been using with good success. He also claims they designed a new Turbine wheel thats between a G30 and G35.

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Im really surprised someone from Remnant or a person in the IG chat hasnt said anything in here yet. He is expecting their 2 port housings ready next week or so (he said 12 days Tues Sept 27) then aprox 1.5 weeks after that to have completed kits. My understanding in that group is he will have 2 kits installed, one for Marin and his personal car for testing. then once everything works properly, will start making up the kits. Also my understanding is test is just making sure the wastegate is working properly and all that, not a full we are testing this for 5k miles or anything before they start making kits. I could be off on that last part, the chats get mudded with a lot of other stuff in them, but all I have heard is he is installing it on his car and Marin is getting a kit to install and full tune both, make sure no issues then sending kits out. I have not seen anything about testing for XXXX number of miles or XXXX amount of time. These are currently turbos they have been using with good success. He also claims they designed a new Turbine wheel thats between a G30 and G35.
It's my understanding that testing will begin in the second half of October. I'm assuming he's been quite about it just in case there is a setback of some kind
Sponsored

Last edited: