PSA: Are you about to buy a new turbo? You should wait.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
haha, it's not, I'm just being a dick like always.
Don’t be jelly, you know that your current setup will be hitting the classifieds when this releases. 😆

-RJM
Sponsored

3literV8Eater

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Top mount vs this setup has me so torn.
I don’t think you can go wrong by having a stock location aftermarket turbo kit that has a lot more power than the stocker. Less headache IMO. Less modifications as well. Just my 2 cents.

travsam89

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, 1998 Trans Am WS6
oh oh, I see. I was just gonna say, there are bottom mount big turbo setups.
All these issues people have with the pure turbos i think i would rather just go top mount. Really like to see what these remnant turbos could do tho

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black

travsam89

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
OP
OP
Thraxbert

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
It's not that Pure Turbo is "bad" per se, it's just a stuffed turbo. That's the budget option on pretty much any other platform. It has its limitations. Top mount is good for insane maximum power, like a >1000HP drag car, but I'd argue that the top mount kits give up the fast spooling that is so fun about the supra. I'm going to buy the Remnant Performance kit because a bigger turbo in the stock location is a nice balance between spool + power. I don't drag race, so I don't need top mount. But I also don't feel good about blowing money on a top mount and sacrificing streetability.

travsam89

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's not that Pure Turbo is "bad" per se, it's just a stuffed turbo. That's the budget option on pretty much any other platform. It has its limitations. Top mount is good for insane maximum power, like a >1000HP drag car, but I'd argue that the top mount kits give up the fast spooling that is so fun about the supra. I'm going to buy the Remnant Performance kit because a bigger turbo in the stock location is a nice balance between spool + power. I don't drag race, so I don't need top mount. But I also don't feel good about blowing money on a top mount and sacrificing streetability.
I think the issue with slow spool times is with people getting too big of a turbo. Plenty of options for smaller turbos witha top mount like the G30-770 or 900.

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
I think the issue with slow spool times is with people getting too big of a turbo. Plenty of options for smaller turbos witha top mount like the G30-770 or 900.
If you're going for a G30-770/900 then a top mount kit its just a waste of money in my opinion. It looks cool but that's about it, no other benefit.

The Remnant Performance kit will make more power than a G30-900 and the entire kit will cost less than half of a top mount kit.

sams2k

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 turbo s2k, 2017 cadillac atsv, 2022 supra 3.0
cant wait to see results on the 6 port

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
There are about 3 new kits that I know of that haven't been officially announced on their way. 1 is top mount and 1 is bottom mount. The other has started development and I'm pretty sure it will be top mount.

They will all be more expensive than this solution.
Sponsored