PSA: Remove your shipping spacers !!

tyler.bn

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 GR Supra Premium
My front left shock boot was completely torn up after one of these broke inside the shaft.

I always knew this was a relatively common occurrence of the toyota PDI neglecting to take them off, but I didn't realize I had them or that they would cause a problem.

Now the shock makes all kinds of noise when going over bumps, probably because the the dust and grime getting in the rod.

I guess this is my sign to get coilovers

8E4A97A9-B2D1-463B-B722-33CA6F9345E4.jpeg
Sponsored

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
No, it's your sign to publicly trash the dealer that sold it like this, and argue strongly that Toyota warranty everything minus the springs (presuming you're still within the 3/36). Enough is enough, I've read the PDI instructions, and it's crystal clear regarding the transport spacers!

mucky

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Keep the remains, go to the dealer and ensure you open a case with Toyota just before you leave. That is completely the dealers own mistake. Do not let this go and mod the car. Get it fixed first.
H&R springs are on it. That will probably void any warranty. Good luck with that. And how about the person who put the springs on and didn't take them out. That person is equally to blame

Bigboss

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 civic FK7 sport, supra 3.0 premium
Is it part of procedure usually for them to take it off or you have to remind them upon taking delivery or i guess it would vary from dealership?

FuzzyRev

First Name
RT
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
24 MT "ordered", 19 Yaris MT, 03 Yukon XL
It's apart of the PDI instructions.
It's even more embarrassing because Toyota even created a special decal that's affixed to the windscreen, also warning the PDI technician of this.. and yet it's still happening! I can't recall if the secondary decal has been there for the duration, or was more recently added, but now that I've laid eyes on it, I forgive no one who still neglected to remove them.

Janice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 BRZ
Is it possible to check this without lifting the car?
No place to use a jack where I live.

Brazuca

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Could someone record a video of how to check for them without lifting the car?
I'm mostly clueless and would like to check mine.

Janice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'17 BRZ
Could someone record a video of how to check for them without lifting the car?
I'm mostly clueless and would like to check mine.
Just lift up the dust cover of the shock and you will either see the white spacer or the silver part of the shock. If you see white, it is probably the spacer. Turning your wheels will give you more room slightly. Not much space for a video, but look at the thread zrk linked to for more information about how to check.
Sponsored