Sponsored

Pure 650 - Cast vs Core

Strat-Supra

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
75
Reaction score
75
Location
New York
Car(s)
2024 MT Supra
I'm looking into upgrading my turbo with the Pure 650 cast version, I've seen discussions on the Pure 800 cast version causing overboost issues, but I've not been able to find (I've searched) similar discussions with the 650. Granted, not everyone enlarged their wastegate port or had to, either they didn't have an issue or fixed it in their tune.

Has anyone or is anyone aware of a similar issue with the 650?

My goal is ~500 whp without ethanol and ~550 with ethanol. I know new injectors or fuel system aren't required to achieve these numbers, but I'm wondering if there's any value in using S58 injectors?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

 

Traxion

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
492
Reaction score
815
Location
Southeast, USA
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I found no useful information when I was researching the Pure 650 before purchase. So far I am happy with my cast version and Razorlab hasn’t found any issues with tuning it so far. Based on his virtual dyno on tuning tools (which estimates high) I think I’m a little north of 500 with E30. I’m not sure if it can reach 500 on 93. Razorlab did mention S58 injectors would gain me a little more but I think that’s more relevant to ethanol mixes than 93.

My car will be dynod probably in November or December and I’ll be able to post an update somewhere here on the site.
 

dAgent

Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2026
Threads
0
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Car(s)
M340i
From the dynos I have seen you'll be slightly below 500 on 93 and also slightly below 550 on like e30-40. In good weather you might get those numbers though. I think I have seen maybe 3-4 dynos like that with the stock fuel system as I'm also interested in this turbo. If you mean cast as in what Pure calls "New" or their cast I've also heard a shop say they flow slightly better, but I don't know for sure if that's true? Is that what you meant? I think I've read the same over boost discussion on FB but I didn't realize they were talking about the "New" version specifically.
 

Traxion

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
492
Reaction score
815
Location
Southeast, USA
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
From the dynos I have seen you'll be slightly below 500 on 93 and also slightly below 550 on like e30-40. In good weather you might get those numbers though. I think I have seen maybe 3-4 dynos like that with the stock fuel system as I'm also interested in this turbo. If you mean cast as in what Pure calls "New" or their cast I've also heard a shop say they flow slightly better, but I don't know for sure if that's true? Is that what you meant? I think I've read the same over boost discussion on FB but I didn't realize they were talking about the "New" version specifically.
Yes new = cast.
 
OP
OP

Strat-Supra

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
75
Reaction score
75
Location
New York
Car(s)
2024 MT Supra
Thanks @Traxion, good to hear you've not had any issues.

I'm ok with slightly below 500 and 550, not dead set on those numbers.
 

razorlab

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bryan
Joined
Oct 2, 2021
Threads
29
Messages
8,772
Reaction score
17,215
Location
NY
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
S58 injectors are so cheap now ($240/set) then it's kind of a no brainer if you want some more fueling headroom.

Pure650 will do 5XX no issue with the setup you are asking about.
 

Traxion

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2021
Threads
9
Messages
492
Reaction score
815
Location
Southeast, USA
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
OP
OP

Strat-Supra

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2025
Threads
5
Messages
75
Reaction score
75
Location
New York
Car(s)
2024 MT Supra
S58 injectors are so cheap now ($240/set) then it's kind of a no brainer if you want some more fueling headroom.

Pure650 will do 5XX no issue with the setup you are asking about.
Thanks, gonna need your help to get there :) if you're willing and have time, no idea what the lead times are.
 

razorlab

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bryan
Joined
Oct 2, 2021
Threads
29
Messages
8,772
Reaction score
17,215
Location
NY
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Thanks, gonna need your help to get there :) if you're willing and have time, no idea what the lead times are.
I just ordered a Pure800 (non-recast version) and it took 3 weeks from ordering to ship date.
 

Dr. Supra

Well-Known Member
First Name
Danyoll
Joined
Jan 25, 2022
Threads
15
Messages
212
Reaction score
117
Location
Oklahoma city
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Nitro Yellow
I found no useful information when I was researching the Pure 650 before purchase. So far I am happy with my cast version and Razorlab hasn’t found any issues with tuning it so far. Based on his virtual dyno on tuning tools (which estimates high) I think I’m a little north of 500 with E30. I’m not sure if it can reach 500 on 93. Razorlab did mention S58 injectors would gain me a little more but I think that’s more relevant to ethanol mixes than 93.

My car will be dynod probably in November or December and I’ll be able to post an update somewhere here on the site.
How do i access this virtual dyno?
 
 








Top