BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm debating between saving up for Pure800 running 93oct, or just get E50 tune.
I want to try to run a 10 on the strip, and do some rolling races against (tuned 2015 GTR, Tuned ZL1, Hellcat, etc).
Right now I'm pushing 447whp and 510 wtq with 93 tune + DP + Intake.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BigTeamBattles

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
e50 sounds alot cheaper.... Have you ran your car currently to see how far off you might be?
yea, i raced my friend's 2015 GTR with cobb shelf tune + exhaust + and intakes. I can get him up to 115mph

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
The stock turbo will start heat soaking quite a bit after 100MPH. You can do pretty decent with a quality drag map on E50 + DP. I can get people to run 10's with just a downpipe, ethanol, and tires. However if you are roll racing you will make more power at every rpm with the pure 800. But the slow spool will hold you back a bit at the drag strip and wont be as dramatically faster.

A pure 700 is also a good balance as well. And I typically see a solid 50-100HP gain on E50 over 91/93 octane.

OP
OP
BigTeamBattles

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
The stock turbo will start heat soaking quite a bit after 100MPH. You can do pretty decent with a quality drag map on E50 + DP. I can get people to run 10's with just a downpipe, ethanol, and tires. However if you are roll racing you will make more power at every rpm with the pure 800. But the slow spool will hold you back a bit at the drag strip and wont be as dramatically faster.

A pure 700 is also a good balance as well. And I typically see a solid 50-100HP gain on E50 over 91/93 octane.
I saw the cost difference of going pure800 vs E50 tune, and the difference is pretty significant. I mean I feel like E50 is all I need but the major issue is the fact that I live in NJ/NYC area so I only know 2 pumps about 30 minutes away that have ethanol. Is there a toggle map switch yet for ecutek? Because Iā€™m not big fan of getting 2 maps + laptop and flashing and reflashing

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
On pure800 with pump gas my car did 522whp (conservative tune)

Tuner did 560whp on 91 octane gas. DP, heat exchanger and Pure only

Stock turbos are maxed out at 500whp on E50 so the Pure will be a good investment for more power later on

I just added a flex fuel kit and E50 will do close to 600whp now

OP
OP
BigTeamBattles

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase

Stock turbos are maxed out at 500whp on E50 so the Pure will be a good investment for more power later on

Damn...I didnā€™t know stock turbos max out only at 500whp, thatā€™s lower than I expected. My car right now is at 447 whp, so that means I only have enough room for +50 whp ā˜¹

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I saw the cost difference of going pure800 vs E50 tune, and the difference is pretty significant. I mean I feel like E50 is all I need but the major issue is the fact that I live in NJ/NYC area so I only know 2 pumps about 30 minutes away that have ethanol. Is there a toggle map switch yet for ecutek? Because Iā€™m not big fan of getting 2 maps + laptop and flashing and reflashing
Yes i do map switcing on ecutek all the time. There is even flex fuel so if you have to blend up or down the car will auto adjust the tune even.

Marin@MarinTuned

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
Damn...I didnā€™t know stock turbos max out only at 500whp, thatā€™s lower than I expected. My car right now is at 447 whp, so that means I only have enough room for +50 whp ā˜¹
Remember... not all dynos read the same. Just because you made 447HP does not mean that it would make 447 on a dyno that made 500. The stock turbo maxes out on pump gas. The ethanol allows for more aggressive timing which is worth 50-100HP. As well as the ethanol tunes dont get as much shift knock under heavy load, and dont lose power as fast as the pump gas tunes.

OP
OP
BigTeamBattles

BigTeamBattles

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Vehicle Showcase
Remember... not all dynos read the same. Just because you made 447HP does not mean that it would make 447 on a dyno that made 500. The stock turbo maxes out on pump gas. The ethanol allows for more aggressive timing which is worth 50-100HP. As well as the ethanol tunes dont get as much shift knock under heavy load, and dont lose power as fast as the pump gas tunes.
hmm i'm really leaning more towards ethanol now :D

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Why aren't more people wanting full e85 setups? The gains are that much again better going from partial to full ethanol.. not to mention its a pain filing up/ getting the ratio correct at the pump.
probably because you will Max out the stock fuel system from full e85.

joels740

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Premium Absolute Zero

Are you going with port injection to run the e50 on the pure? I noticed you work with Payn Performance on your tune. Not sure if you're near Colorado.

I live in a high elevation area out in New Mexico. I am interested in going pure700 + e50. I fear I'd run out of fuel without port injection though on the pure at elevation.

a90moe

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MKV Supra
Are you going with port injection to run the e50 on the pure? I noticed you work with Payn Performance on your tune. Not sure if you're near Colorado.

I live in a high elevation area out in New Mexico. I am interested in going pure700 + e50. I fear I'd run out of fuel without port injection though on the pure at elevation.
I am at sea level

Will do E30-E40 to be on the safe fueling wise

Manifold with injectors later on ;)
Sponsored