Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
It must be a handful.

Pretty much... but fast. And I am aggressive.
I have had two professional race car drivers drive it and love it. Both bmw racers from my friends/race team

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I bought these for fun lapping and not worrying about PB's. Ironically I used them yesterday at Palmer and I did a PB.

That said, I will never buy these again. They are SOOOOOO loud on the street. They low level vibrate the whole car and the hum is so loud I can barely hear the car downshift. The final nail in the coffin for me was the wear after basically one track day and driving to/from the track 2.25 hrs each way.

CRS are basically the same price, make no noise on the street and have more grip. Great example of treadwear numbers meaning nothing nowadays. 200tw faster than 100tw. I'm going to do another set of Kumho V730's instead of these for just fun lapping from now on.

That wear doesn't look terrible. I'd think they'd hold up a lot better on a lighter car. My experience on my C7Z with 305f 325r is they are indeed loud, but not as obnoxious as say an R888R. They get quieter with less tread. 🤣 This was my first set at 16 heat cycles and a few hundred street miles:

1698862482266.png

My biggest gripe is they heat cycle out quicker than the tread wears. 1-5 they were on fire from the out lap, 5-10 they were pretty good and then fell off a cliff at 10+. I also had a difficult time managing pressures. They come up quickly and a LOT; I struggled to keep them under 35ish psi after 5-6 laps and that's starting at 24 cold.

The 2nd set I ran held up better by flipping them side to side each day -- more usable tread remaining but they've cycled out as quickly.

Enter the CRS V2 -- identical spec sizing and massively wider. I have these going on this week and I'm at VIR 3 days back to back so I have high hopes they will go all 3 days. Even if the grip is the same as the AR1 and just last longer I will be content.

1698862884538.jpeg

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Enter the CRS V2 -- identical spec sizing and massively wider. I have these going on this week and I'm at VIR 3 days back to back so I have high hopes they will go all 3 days. Even if the grip is the same as the AR1 and just last longer I will be content.
Easily go 3 whole days and more grip than AR1. You will be content. V2 need a little bit more time to warm up FYI.

5 days (depending on how many heat cycles of course) is when the CRS heat cycle out. Always half way through the 5th day the car becomes a drift machine.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
That wear doesn't look terrible.
I'm talking about the abnormal inner wear and by the cutout sections. My CRS don't even look like that after FOUR days. Same alignment and everything.

IMG_2406.jpeg

I even put my CRS back on for my event yesterday and that would show if my alignment got all wack... Nope, same normal wear.

Slower tire
Wears faster and really odd
Loud as all shit.

Hard pass on these.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Easily go 3 whole days and more grip than AR1. You will be content. V2 need a little bit more time to warm up FYI.

5 days (depending on how many heat cycles of course) is when the CRS heat cycle out. Always half way through the 5th day the car becomes a drift machine.

Cool - If I can get 5ish worthwhile days out of these I'll be stoked.

I'm talking about the abnormal inner wear and by the cutout sections. My CRS don't even look like that after FOUR days. Same alignment and everything.

I even put my CRS back on for my event yesterday and that would show if my alignment got all wack... Nope, same normal wear.

Slower tire
Loud as all shit.

Hard pass on these.

I had similar odd wear patterns but it didn't seem to have any meaningful effects. I think they'd be a great time attack tire because they are quick and ready to rip, but yeah.. the life is abysmal..

I have high hopes for the CRS! Options are limited in my sizes so if they live up to the hype then I'm set for a good weather dual purpose tire.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I think they'd be a great time attack tire because they are quick and ready to rip, but yeah..
Except they are off pace by a good margin compared to every single super 200tw that is used in Time Attack, and it doesn't matter because they are 100tw. Not allowed.

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT

IMG_2406.jpeg

Slower tire
Loud as all shit.

Hard pass on these.
By the way I wear out that same spot on all my front tires regardless of car or tire brand. I have done it to Michelin Primacy, Cup2, RT660, GT Radial SX2, Federal 595 RS-RR using a GR86, GR Corolla and GR Supra. Always thought it was happening due to too much understeer as that part of the tire slides towards the outside.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Cool - If I can get 5ish worthwhile days out of these I'll be stoked.

I had similar odd wear patterns but it didn't seem to have any meaningful effects. I think they'd be a great time attack tire because they are quick and ready to rip, but yeah.. the life is abysmal..

I have high hopes for the CRS! Options are limited in my sizes so if they live up to the hype then I'm set for a good weather dual purpose tire.
Will be my 1st time on them as well. Looking forward to it

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
By the way I wear out that same spot on all my front tires regardless of car or tire brand. I have done it to Michelin Primacy, Cup2, RT660, GT Radial SX2, Federal 595 RS-RR using a GR86, GR Corolla and GR Supra. Always thought it was happening due to too much understeer as that part of the tire slides towards the outside.
Only reason I raised the wear pattern is that it doesn't happen to my CRS.

After one day on CRS:

IMG_1350.jpeg

Five days and heat cycled out:

IMG_1743.jpeg

IMG_1714.jpeg

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
My RT660s are worn on the inside like that. The rest of the tire isnt even down to the wear bars yet.