First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Nitro Yellow A90 Supra, 10 Honda Fit Sport 5spd
Ayeeee he's back!!

Question for you.... nah just kidding.

Good to see 5 track days on one oil change made zero difference. I'm a bit paranoid (prior subaru STI owner if that tells you anything) so I do mine every 2 events.

On another note, as others have said most people barely research anything, and the "Race Tracking Your Supra" Thread can be a bit unwieldy for those trying to find a specific answer for things.

I propose some of us more track-minded/research-minded folk put together a few data sheets/spreadsheets, etc and try to get a few threads stickied by the mods. I'd be happy to help spearhead it. I feel like if we can get even basic info stickied it would really help not only poor @razorlab here but the rest of the community. Thoughts?

Also sorry for hijacking your build thread 😬
Sponsored

theQuaybee

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 18 Audi Q7, 15 VW GTI
Hey @razorlab, just got done reading your build thread here. I, like many others here, genuinely appreciate the information you share, and the time you take out of your day to respond and document. Thank you.

I am still incredibly jealous of your oil temps and I hope I can get mine worked out. I'm also hoping I can start contributing to the conversation, but still getting my feet under me with this car. Bought it earlier this year to primarily be a track car, with seat time being my biggest driver, not numbers, similar to your goal. Learning the platform, but so far in love with the car and B58 aside from the heat issues I'm having. Thanks again, keep up the good work.

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Forgot to post a video from my last Palmer Motorsports event for this year. Also, since @lucky phil got so roasted for his Neanderthal ways here, when he really thought he was sticking it to me, this one is dedicted to you, my little Aussie boi, for when you need a nap from still living in 1982... sweet dreams.

Was a damp track but still got a PB, not as much as I wanted to this season, but I've learned to take what I can get now that I live on the East Coast.

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Forgot to post a video from my last Palmer Motorsports event for this year. Also, since @lucky phil got so roasted for his Neanderthal ways here, when he really thought he was sticking it to me, this one is dedicted to you, my little Aussie boi, for when you need a nap from still living in 1982... sweet dreams.

Was a damp track but still got a PB, not as much as I wanted to this season, but I've learned to take what I can get now that I live on the East Coast.

Palmer looks fun! Sort of reminds me of a smaller version of Club Motorsports up in NH. Have you ever been? It's been on my list for next year

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Palmer looks fun! Sort of reminds me of a smaller version of Club Motorsports up in NH. Have you ever been? It's been on my list for next year
Next year I plan to drive Palmer a lot, and try to get to CMS with either Masstuning or SCDA.

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Yea, Palmer is my favorite track so far around here. The elevation changes and off/on camber turns are very fun. You also have to respect the track. I definitely do not drive it as hard as I do Lime Rock.

Both Club and Watkins Glen are on my list for next year. They are just really far. Club is almost a six hour drive and Watkins is four hours.

rwense

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea, Palmer is my favorite track so far around here. The elevation changes and off/on camber turns are very fun. You also have to respect the track. I definitely do not drive it as hard as I do Lime Rock.

Both Club and Watkins Glen are on my list for next year. They are just really far. Club is almost a six hour drive and Watkins is four hours.
Yeah makes sense, not a whole lot of runoff, especially with the tire walls literally at the edge of the tarmac lol.

CMS is prob a good 6hrs+ for me as well🙃

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
I spent most of my summer at CMS, maybe 8 track days working on my rusty ass. I set my P.B. last weekend 151s flat. 151 is not great on the Garmin leaderboard but a huge improvement from where I started. The cars on the leader board are also really just insane. There were three Radicals at CMS last weekend and GT3RSs are a dime a dozen

decodeddiesel

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2016 VW Tiguan, 2007 Cayman
Yeah makes sense, not a whole lot of runoff, especially with the tire walls literally at the edge of the tarmac lol.

CMS is prob a good 6hrs+ for me as well🙃
I spent most of my summer at CMS, maybe 8 track days working on my rusty ass. I set my P.B. last weekend 151s flat. That is not great on the Garmin leaderboard but a huge improvement for me not to mention the cars on the leader board are really just insane.
It's about 4 hours for me, and I have family in New Hampshire although they're 2 hours from the track lol. I'm really going to try to go next year, but it'll be a once or twice a year thing like The Glen.

OP
OP
razorlab

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
I had an event at Monticello Motor Club today. It's a private 4.1 mile long track. It's basically a track country club for rich people. You might have seen it in magazines as they do press events there for new car releases.

Really high end facilities and the track was very cool. Unfortunately, it was mid 40's in the morning, low 50's in the afternoon and I ended up leaving after only a couple sessions because it would rain every single time the advanced group would go out. Now that I have a taste of the track, I really want to try it again in the dry and when it's warm out. Maybe I will get a chance next year.

Today it was a waste of money and time. It was not a cheap event. Weather decided to F me this time.

screen-shot-2022-04-08-at-12-11-58-pm-1649435826.png

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I had an event at Monticello Motor Club today. It's a private 4.1 mile long track. It's basically a track country club for rich people. You might have seen it in magazines as they do press events there for new car releases.

Really high end facilities and the track was very cool. Unfortunately, it was mid 40's in the morning, low 50's in the afternoon and I ended up leaving after only a couple sessions because it would rain every single time the advanced group would go out. Now that I have a taste of the track, I really want to try it again in the dry and when it's warm out. Maybe I will get a chance next year.

Today it was a waste of money and time. It was not a cheap event. Weather decided to F me this time.

screen-shot-2022-04-08-at-12-11-58-pm-1649435826.png
They’re building these down in FL too. That looks beautiful 😍

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
The race director for Monticello came to our track club for a day and gave a couple lectures and hands on training. I won a drawing to have him ride with me for a session and critique.
Dennis Macchio- has raced Formula and GT back in the day. Cool- albeit chain smoking- dude.

Eyelise

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2023 Supra
Interesting fact the owner developer at Monticello Ari Straus and I used to do HPDEs together in our Lotus Elise's back in the day. I've been there twice as his guest years back now when it just opened. He was bidding for the F1 US contract but lost out to a grp in TX that proposed building a track in the swamps outside Austin. The rest is history.

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
374mm MPerf brakes swap when? Wanna see how they fit on the car and Your impressions :)
Sponsored