Registration fees - what state has it the worst?

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Reg is like 180 for 3 years with vanity plate.
Property taxes are just shy of 1500/yr.
CT sucks ass.
$1500/yr???

LMAO. I wish. Ours is $10k here in NY. That said, we came from California, so everything here seems like a bargain. The house itself is half the price (if not less) of the equivalent in California.

I think registering 4 cars here was less than 1 car in California.
Sponsored

MYA90SUPRA

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra premium
$1500/yr???

LMAO. I wish. Ours is $10k here in NY. That said, we came from California, so everything here seems like a bargain. The house itself is half the price (if not less) of the equivalent in California.

I would puke paying that and then leave asap to a better state with lower taxes while also leaving any political baggage in the state I left.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Are you seriously complaining about all that!? I could only dream. My property tax is $4500!
Yep, same here... well our property taxes are actually ~$1400 lower - but that's only because we bought the house in 2011 (and there's a 3% per year increase cap). If we sold the house, the next owner would be paying around that ($4300).

Registration however is a bit worse than yours actually - $876 this year on the MKV ($33 to register and $843 in taxes). Of course, it goes down every year with depreciation but that only factors in age - not the 32K miles I have on it so far. Last year it was ~$910 IIRC. Bought my wife's RX350 at the same time so we get to give the state just under $2K as a "late Christmas gift" every year. :mad:

On the upside... the '07 4Runner is fully depreciated according to them so it's just $54/year.

Pretty expensive considering all they have to do is print a little foil sticker and not even fix the roads worth a damn. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Evolution

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Yep, same here... well our property taxes are actually ~$1400 lower - but that's only because we bought the house in 2011 (and there's a 3% per year increase cap). If we sold the house, the next owner would be paying around that ($4300).

Registration however is a bit worse than yours actually - $876 this year on the MKV ($33 to register and $843 in taxes). Of course, it goes down every year with depreciation but that only factors in age - not the 32K miles I have on it so far. Last year it was ~$910 IIRC. Bought my wife's RX350 at the same time so we get to give the state just under $2K as a "late Christmas gift" every year. :mad:

On the upside... the '07 4Runner is fully depreciated according to them so it's just $54/year.

Pretty expensive considering all they have to do is print a little foil sticker and not even fix the roads worth a damn. :rolleyes:
Yep same here. I bought my house when the market was low. If I was to sell it, the new owners would be in the $8000 range. Going to say the first year I was in my house, it was closer to $3500.

My 09 Cobalt, which should be considered fully depreciated, still cost me over $200 every year in registration fees. Shoot even my 70 Bug would be over $100 if I had it registered in CA! Before I transferred my Evo to AZ, it was $300 and its an 06. Freakin CA is crazy.

At least your roads get semi fixed. Ours dont. They just throw a cone in the middle of the pothole and carry on.

SD_MK

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yep same here. I bought my house when the market was low. If I was to sell it, the new owners would be in the $8000 range. Going to say the first year I was in my house, it was closer to $3500.

My 09 Cobalt, which should be considered fully depreciated, still cost me over $200 every year in registration fees. Shoot even my 70 Bug would be over $100 if I had it registered in CA! Before I transferred my Evo to AZ, it was $300 and its an 06. Freakin CA is crazy.

At least your roads get semi fixed. Ours dont. They just throw a cone in the middle of the pothole and carry on.
Just change the thread name to "Property Tax fees - what state has it the worst?" Lol.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
A few do... but mostly just freeways which are fixed with fed money not state money for the most part. Seems like every surface street is "under construction" but they never actually pave anything as far as I can tell.

They just put out the cones, then put them back a few days later. No surveying, no crews, no equipment - but then again the barricade racket here is so thinly disguised the company that leases them is called M.O.B. (not a joke)!

LinkMK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 A91-CF, 21 X5 4.0i
Welcome to the forum. Do you have any pics of your CF Edition? Its the first one I know of in the Seattle area.

-RJM
Just took delivery. did the financing last month so I owned it, but transportation delays pushed key day to this afternoon.
IMG_1790.jpeg
IMG_1159.jpeg
IMG_1161.jpeg
IMG_1163.jpeg

LinkMK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 A91-CF, 21 X5 4.0i
I'd love to the the CF. Probably one of the first in the PNW area.
It's actually the second, but I believe the first one that sold in Bellevue left the state. I think there's only a Nitro Yellow left as far as area allocations.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
Just took delivery. did the financing last month so I owned it, but transportation delays pushed key day to this afternoon.
IMG_1790.jpeg
IMG_1159.jpeg
IMG_1161.jpeg
IMG_1163.jpeg
Congrats! She is a beauty. Iā€™m looking forward to see her in person this summer at our meets.

-RJM

860_ZUPR4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Launch Edition #1383, 2015 WRX, 2018 Tacoma TRD Sport, 2018 Civic Type R
$1500/yr???

Wait are we all talking about house property tax? I meant I'm paying 1500 on the car alone, house is $6k. other cars make up another couple grand

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
So it appears states have differing views on what they consider to be taxable property. Some states consider a vehicle taxable property, others donā€™t. For me only the house and the land it sits on is deemed taxable property. For a vehicle, $36 a year regardless of year, make, model, value, etc and so forth.