_Sp1ral0ut

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2021 Tahoe, Razor E100
Fellas, it's Wednesday, again.
Yeah but is it Thursday?? You are so impatient. It takes time. They were busying tuning a Genesis today, so he hasn't posted about it yet. I'm pretty he'll post something in....two weeks. Tops.

Two weeks.gif
Sponsored

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Yeah but is it Thursday?? You are so impatient. It takes time. They were busying tuning a Genesis today, so he hasn't posted about it yet. I'm pretty he'll post something in....two weeks. Tops.
I think you mean making faux videos with payed actors and photoshopping boxes.

thinking-contemplating.gif

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
it made 480 whp and 540 tq on 93 with spool identical to stock.

he said it could “easily make 600/600, not a problem”

If he machined the turbo for a larger ar.
he wants to offer 2 different AR housings. Once with stock spool and a larger one with slower spool that can make more power.

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport
he wants to offer 2 different AR housings. Once with stock spool and a larger one with slower spool that can make more power.
I actually don't mind the drama and anticipation of a longer spool... Then the sudden throw back into the seat 😎

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra

I hate to speculate but the graph I saw last week was much higher on pump gas and they thought there was spark issues up top. It may have been air flow or timing issues if it officially dropped that low. Oh well, not holding my breath.

jRuN

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, 2017 Ram 1500 Sport

That's basically what I put down with E47 and OTS bm3 tune.. (490/530)

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
I hate to speculate but the graph I saw last week was much higher on pump gas and they thought there was spark issues up top. It may have been air flow or timing issues if it officially dropped that low. Oh well, not holding my breath.
that was on ethanol. E75

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
that was on ethanol. E75
Understood. Alec said it was 91 timing but the numbers didn't add up. I didn't clarify which fuel it was, but the spool looked great. I'm sure I don't fully know what is happening on his side. I will say Alec is a great guy and I hope the best for him. I'm just not actively keeping up with things as I have over the past year+.

Last edited:

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
Understood. Alec said it was 91 timing but the numbers didn't add up. I didn't clarify which fuel it was, but the spool looked great. I'm sure I don't fully know what is happening on his side. I will say Alec is a great guy and I hope the best for him. I'm just not actively keeping up with things as I have over the past year+.
Yeah, running ethanol with the same timing as the 91 tune.

Reactions: D K

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
The car made 700 all the way to red line, and 700 TQ at 5K. This was on 7 degrees of timing advance. This is spooling like the stock turbo.

As a next step, he wants to increase the hot side A/R. This will make spool about 300 RPM slower, but raise the power ceiling to 850 or 900ish. Just napkin math from me based on his comments about current A/R versus proposed changes. Would allow for higher boost PSI and more top end. I'm personally eager for this change because the stock turbo spools too early and makes too much torque down low, which is why everyone has traction problems. Moving that up just a little would make the power more usable and drivable.

They also made 600/600 on 93 with another car. Below is E71, but Marin indicated it would be doable with E50 based on observed telemetry.

They did dozens of dyno pulls last night to run different experiments. This was the final. 700 was the limit because the narrower twin volute of the turbo (the test units are twin scroll) was allowing back pressure to build and hold the WG open. Increasing hot side A/R or losing the twin scroll is an easy change and will allow more boost+power.

1000009517.jpg

Source: his Instagram broadcast and customer group chat.

Last edited:

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
The car made 700 all the way to red line, and 700 TQ at 5K. This was on 7 degrees of timing advance. This is spooling like the stock turbo.

As a next step, he wants to increase the hot side A/R. This will make spool about 300 RPM slower, but raise the power ceiling to 850 or 900ish. Just napkin math from me based on his comments about current A/R versus proposed changes. Would allow for higher boost PSI and more top end. I'm personally eager for this change because the stock turbo spools too early and makes too much torque down low, which is why everyone has traction problems. Moving that up just a little would make the power more usable and drivable.

They also made 600/600 on 93 with another car. Below is E71, but Marin indicated it would be doable with E50 based on observed telemetry.

They did dozens of dyno pulls last night toneun different experiments. This was the final. 700 was the limit because the narrower twin volute of the turbo (the test units are twin scroll) was allowing back pressure to build and hold the WG open. Increasing hot side A/R or losing the twin scroll is an easy change and will allow more boost+power.

1000009517.jpg

Source: his Instagram broadcast and customer group chat.
Thanks man. It's nice to see him get to this point. His package is a good value since it includes intake, charge pipe etc. The proposed changes to increase boost will be welcomed by many once they are proven. 600 hp on 93 is crazy and part of what I was referring to. It does appear one graph was ethanol on 91 timing. Just don't want to put anything out there that I don't fully understand or Alec doesn't approve.
Sponsored

Last edited: