Remnant Performance OMEGA 65 Turbo Kit

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
They being the company or a 3rd party? Link?
Found it myself. I swear people do not read on this forum.

Maybe all caps will let it soak in a bit more..... THIRD PARTY RESULTS, THIRD PARTY RESULTS, THIRD PARTY RESULTS. I'm not interested in a company telling us their product is amazing. It might be, but it would be great to see third party results to really see how amazing it might be.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Found it myself. I swear people do not read on this forum.

Maybe all caps will let it soak in a bit more..... THIRD PARTY RESULTS, THIRD PARTY RESULTS, THIRD PARTY RESULTS. I'm not interested in a company telling us their product is amazing. It might be, but it would be great to see third party results to really see how amazing it might be.

Am I seeing it right? 740 WHP on full E85, Manifold, Remnant Turbo, 1050 Injectors, what about lpfp? I wonder if this is all it has and why it drops off bad after 6300 rpm.

Can definitely see the throttle cut or peak tq would likely be higher.

Definitely spools quickly. Wonder how the log looks and if @Alec-RemnantPerformance can share one.

Should be good to go mid to top of 9s! Hope you guys make it to the track.

Last edited:

AJRMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Manual Supra
Am I seeing it right? 740 WHP on full E85, Manifold, Remnant Turbo, 1050 Injectors, what about lpfp? I wonder if this is all it has and why it drops off bad after 6300 rpm.

Definitely spools quickly. Wonder how the log looks and if @Alec-RemnantPerformance can share one.

I've been wondering the same thing.

Claim on 93: 600whp - test results: 520whp
Claim on E85: 800+whp - test results: 740 whp

It was also claimed that it holds power to redline, and I haven't seen it do that. I'm sure Alec has a good explanation.

Thraxbert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3L, boosted 3.8L Gen Coupe, '93 Jimny
I'm waiting on port injection hardware then will be using a Dynapack near San Antonio. Right now I'm just doodling around on a 93oct base map.

kyle9

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Supra - Gridlife StreetMod #29, '23 B48 Supra
I've been wondering the same thing.

Claim on 93: 600whp - test results: 520whp
Claim on E85: 800+whp - test results: 740 whp

It was also claimed that it holds power to redline, and I haven't seen it do that. I'm sure Alec has a good explanation.
Turbine housing is too small to support the flow up top.

He said that he's making a larger housing that can be swapped out later this year.

I forget the numbers, but current hot side is around .77 a/r? Larger one will be around 1.1 a/r?

Somebody can look that up and double check :)

Alec-RemnantPerformance

Silver Sponsor
First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra GR 3.0 | 2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8T

Hey Bro! I can send you the log from this dyno run. Let me know the best email.

Keith already ran a 9.6 1/4 mile on stock axles, stock transmission, stock engine and full weight (straight from the dealer). He did this with no 6th gear, you can hear it free spin just shortly after the 1000ft mark but it was still enough to hand the L to “the fastest G80 in Georgia”

@razorlab the problem with waiting for “3rd party results” is that people have lives and providing free results for a vendor is not top on their priority list. If I pay them to get me results, now you’re back to square one aren’t you? Dyno’s can lie but the 1/4 mile doesn’t so watch the pass above for yourself and here is the time slip.

IMG_1011.jpeg

Keith’s car is turned way down from mine. He is currently running 38psi and my car makes 42psi with higher timing and my boost hits immediately while his ramps in due to his stock transmission. I’m very confident that we can get his car to a 9.3 or so with current tune if he had access to the power in 6th. Marin will be turning his second gear up now that we have more data to allow him to leave harder than the 1.4 60’ he cut to see what we can do on stock transmission still before we put in his built transmission.

@AJRMKV the Power as in HP does not drop off, it holds all the way to redline. TQ is what drops off so the statement I made is accurate. As for the HP numbers, the numbers are easily achievable by the Turbo itself, it’s the turbine housing that is holding it back from a higher peak number on this dyno. That said, I could take the car to RPM across town and easily post a 30-50whp higher number on their dynojet. I’ve done this before in the early days of my Genesis Turbo Kit R&D and it’s been repeated by many people over the years. My Genesis Turbo Kit made 371whp at Phantasm and 402whp (31whp or 8.36% higher) at RPM on the same exact tune. Both dynojets and both running the same correction and smoothing. Which number is more accurate? I have no idea 🤷🏾‍♂️, but if I’m going to post anything, I’d rather post the lower number so that more customers will be able to achieve or even exceed it on their local dyno. Whatever the car is actually making, the average HP is extremely high which is why it took down that 1300whp MKIV Supra running 55psi in a roll race. That data was confirmed by the MKIV Supra driver himself to Ali who drove my car during that race. You can see that here:

Oh and btw, I drove my car 9hrs to Montgomery, Alabama from Holly Springs, NC, raced and drove all the way back with once again, no issues. I also managed 31-33mpg hwy on full pump e85 the whole way! I love these cars!!

So now onto a bit more technical information:

We achieved our goal of super fast spool up which is great as we wanted a kit that would dominate on the circuit/road coarse.

That said, we had originally targeted a “0.80 A/R” turbine housing. This was ultimately the wrong way to approach things because A/R is basically a nonsense calculation. Unless you use the same inlet every time, it tells you just about nothing.

For anyone who doesn’t already know, in the case of a turbine housing, A/R is the measure of the Area (2D) of the inlet of the turbine housing divided by the radius of the center point of the inlet to the center shaft of the turbo. If you change the inlet by going from T3 to VBand to T4 to larger VBand to T6, your turbo spool and performance is going to be all over the place even though you keep the A/R as the same number.

So I measured the internal volume of all of my housings to help me find the right size instead of relying on an A/R number. The current 0.80 A/R housing measures in at 16.418 cubic inches in interior volume. When compared to my standard dual VBand turbine housings for the 62, 65 and 70 OMEGA turbos, if you take that volume as a ratio, it’s essentially a 0.63 A/R even though it correctly measures as a 0.80 A/R due to the size of inlet. My standard 0.83 A/R dual VBand turbine housings come in at 21.456 cubic inches which is 30.6% larger than the current housing. If I simply remove the twin scroll from the “turbine housing” section of the current design, it moves it to 20.138 cubic inches which would be enough for at least another 100-150whp peak. We have been testing how well the OMEGA Series turbine wheels flow and they flow well enough that our T4 .82 A/R housing (24.489 cubic inches) has such low backpressure that we could easily flow 1200whp through it.

So obviously, picking the right sizing is a bit tricky 😂. But yes, we will be coming out with a new turbine housing for those folks that need a bit more top end but we are trying to make sure that we do so without sacrificing the incredible spool that we already have. In the meantime, we will be proving what we can do with these setups so stay tuned!

Last edited:

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Hey Bro! I can send you the log from this dyno run. Let me know the best email.

Keith already ran a 9.6 1/4 mile on stock axles, stock transmission, stock engine and full weight (straight from the dealer). He did this with no 6th gear, you can hear it free spin just shortly after the 1000ft mark but it was still enough to hand the L to “the fastest G80 in Georgia”

@razorlab the problem with waiting for “3rd party results” is that people have lives and providing free results for a vendor is not top on their priority list. If I pay them to get me results, now you’re back to square one aren’t you? Dyno’s can lie but the 1/4 mile doesn’t so watch the pass above for yourself and here is the time slip.

IMG_1011.jpeg

Keith’s car is turned way down from mine. He is currently running 38psi and my car makes 42psi with higher timing and my boost hits immediately while his ramps in due to his stock transmission. I’m very confident that we can get his car to a 9.3 or so with current tune if he had access to the power in 6th. Marin will be turning his second gear up now that we have more data to allow him to leave harder than the 1.4 60’ he cut to see what we can do on stock transmission still before we put in his built transmission.

@AJRMKV the Power as in HP does not drop off, it holds all the way to redline. TQ is what drops off so the statement I made is accurate. As for the HP numbers, the numbers are easily achievable by the Turbo itself, it’s the turbine housing that is holding it back from a higher peak number on this dyno. That said, I could take the car to RPM across town and easily post a 30-50whp higher number on their dynojet. I’ve done this before in the early days of my Genesis Turbo Kit R&D and it’s been repeated by many people over the years. My Genesis Turbo Kit made 371whp at Phantasm and 402whp (31whp or 8.36% higher) at RPM on the same exact tune. Both dynojets and both running the same correction and smoothing. Which number is more accurate? I have no idea 🤷🏾‍♂️, but if I’m going to post anything, I’d rather post the lower number so that more customers will be able to achieve or even exceed it on their local dyno. Whatever the car is actually making, the average HP is extremely high which is why it took down that 1300whp MKIV Supra running 55psi in a roll race. That data was confirmed by the MKIV Supra driver himself to Ali who drove my car during that race. You can see that here:

Oh and btw, I drove my car 9hrs to Montgomery, Alabama from Holly Springs, NC, raced and drove all the way back with once again, no issues. I also managed 31-33mpg hwy on full pump e85 the whole way! I love these cars!!

So now onto a bit more technical information:

We achieved our goal of super fast spool up which is great as we wanted a kit that would dominate on the circuit/road coarse.

That said, we had originally targeted a “0.80 A/R” turbine housing. This was ultimately the wrong way to approach things because A/R is basically a nonsense calculation. Unless you use the same inlet every time, it tells you just about nothing.

For anyone who doesn’t already know, in the case of a turbine housing, A/R is the measure of the Area (2D) of the inlet of the turbine housing divided by the radius of the center point of the inlet to the center shaft of the turbo. If you change the inlet by going from T3 to VBand to T4 to larger VBand to T6, your turbo spool and performance is going to be all over the place even though you keep the A/R as the same number.

So I measured the internal volume of all of my housings to help me find the right size instead of relying on an A/R number. The current 0.80 A/R housing measures in at 16.418 cubic inches in interior volume. When compared to my standard dual VBand turbine housings for the 62, 65 and 70 OMEGA turbos, if you take that volume as a ratio, it’s essentially a 0.63 A/R even though it correctly measures as a 0.80 A/R due to the size of inlet. My standard 0.83 A/R dual VBand turbine housings come in at 21.456 cubic inches which is 30.6% larger than the current housing. If I simply remove the twin scroll from the “turbine housing” section of the current design, it moves it to 20.138 cubic inches which would be enough for at least another 100-150whp peak. We have been testing how well the OMEGA Series turbine wheels flow and they flow well enough that our T4 .82 A/R housing (24.489 cubic inches) has such low backpressure that we could easily flow 1200whp through it.

So obviously, picking the right sizing is a bit tricky 😂. But yes, we will be coming out with a new turbine housing for those folks that need a bit more top end but we are trying to make sure that we do so without sacrificing the incredible spool that we already have. In the meantime, we will be proving what we can do with these setups so stay tuned!
The spool is definitely there. Its pretty nuts how quick its spooling. Power seems a bit low for 42 psi but dynos are dynos. If your other car ran 9.6 at 38 psi you are probably close to 80 whp more than him and imo hes not running 9.6 under 700whp lol.

Shoot the log to me [email protected]

You should test your 60-130 if you get time with a draggy. If its in the low 5 high 4 range its likely making over 800 whp. Which seems like what it should do.

sams2k

First Name
sam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2003 turbo s2k, 2017 cadillac atsv, 2022 supra 3.0
The spool is definitely there. Its pretty nuts how quick its spooling. Power seems a bit low for 42 psi but dynos are dynos. If your other car ran 9.6 at 38 psi you are probably close to 80 whp more than him and imo hes not running 9.6 under 700whp lol.

Shoot the log to me [email protected]

You should test your 60-130 if you get time with a draggy. If its in the low 5 high 4 range its likely making over 800 whp. Which seems like what it should do.
a trap speed of 140mph is very high 5 in the 60-130