Ride Height Sensor

Rustyscrew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Tundra, 21 Supra, 66 VW Bus
How many of you have broken the ride height sensor? I'm about to lower my car and just wondering if I should order one as just in case? And if so, which one and why? Visconti or VTT?
Sponsored

xkenx1995

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
How many of you have broken the ride height sensor? I'm about to lower my car and just wondering if I should order one as just in case? And if so, which one and why? Visconti or VTT?
I broke the front one but I’m not sure if they make an after market beefy version of it. I got a new front oem one and zipties where it clips down because that seems to be the breaking point. For the rears I’ve been lowered with no problems, but my first track day is coming up so we’ll see how it holds

Evolution

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra
Wait is this a real thing? I have had my suspension on and off the car I don't know how many times and haven't had any issues plus I race my car on a very bumpy course.

a90aloy

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 a90 and 2020 r1
If you detach the ride height sensor you won't have a problem. You might want to take a picture of it before you take it off.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
I’ve swapped my suspension multiple times and never had an issue. One suggestion - all of the suspension install videos I’ve seen show them prying the plastic clips apart to disassemble the ride height sensor during an install. Screw that, just take a picture of the orientation and then pull the single bolt that holds the entire sensor assembly to the chassis. SO much faster/easier and much less likely to break it versus trying to pull it apart using those stupid plastic clips.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Same, haven't broken them and have swapped almost every single suspension component, had the car up/down countless times, launched off track curbing, two wheels in the air, slammed back down.... zero issues.

So.. not "literally everyone" although I know @zrk was just being dramatic. ;)

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
Same, haven't broken them and have swapped almost every single suspension component, had the car up/down countless times, launched off track curbing, two wheels in the air, slammed back down.... zero issues.

So.. not "literally everyone" although I know @zrk was just being dramatic. ;)
Yours is broken, you just don't know it.
Sponsored