Road bike in trunk? / Mountain Biking with your Supra

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
It took a few minutes of trying this way and that, once I found the right direction and 'order' for it to go in it's a snap. The wheels even lay on top of the frame so it all fits in the hatch.
That's awesome. I was able to get my bikes into the back of my FRS when I had it, but there was way more room in that car than the Supra.
Sponsored

Suggs.OR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nocturnal 2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Some of us like to have our cake and eat it too :thumbsup:

Obviously a Supra is not the ideal bike carrying car but if you can make it work then why not. Having a bike on a sports car is no more dangerous than having it on top of or behind a Subaru Outback or something. A bike can go flying off any car if its not properly secured.

I know the whole suction cupping your bike to you roof thing does seem sketchy AF, but once you use it a few times you realize how solid it actually is. My bikes are way more stable on the roof of my Supra with the Sea Sucker then they were with my Thule roof rack on my previous car.
100% can confirm the suction cups are way more reliable and not a huge concern. I love them.

Neilswheel

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra 2017 VW Tiguan
superbowl.jpg

I had not been brave enough to use the suction cups. It took me a while to get them to work. They had been in the garage and exposed to heat, cold, and dryness. I warmed and scrubbed them. I cleaned the surface well. I made it to my destination about 10 miles away at 75mph. They held fast.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Also trying to find the balls to leave the garage.... Solid kit!

PXL_20230531_174921144.MP.jpg

PXL_20230531_175318324.MP.jpg

PXL_20230531_175321798.MP.jpg
I would move that back suction cup onto the paint or at least a little higher up on the glass.

SCZ4

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Supra 3.0 Pro
This is how I run mine

IMG_20230529_211535_804.jpg
Trust it's been a reliable setup for you?

Do you have the front 3 pads on the glass? Does it not impact visibility?

Do you attach the pads onto the car, then lift the bike on? Have heard of others fitting to the bike (upside down) and lifting on.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Trust it's been a reliable setup for you?

Do you have the front 3 pads on the glass? Does it not impact visibility?

Do you attach the pads onto the car, then lift the bike on? Have heard of others fitting to the bike (upside down) and lifting on.
Yeah I've been running it like this for 2 years now no issues.

I have the front one just like yours with 2 pads on the glass and one on the paint. Mine is just a little further down the windshield than yours. Like my 3rd suction cup is right at the edge of the roof where it meets the windshield.

I set my back pad on the car first and then have the front one already attached to my fork with the bike upside down on the ground. I find that much easier than trying to line the fork up with the sea sucker already on the car.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra MT
I ended up purchasing Seasucker Monkey bars to carry boards and bikes. I have had similar experiences to everyone else, the Sea sucker racks are great and I haven't had any problems. To the post about sketchiness, each suction cup has ~230lbs of holding capability for a 20-30lb bike, even on a race track you'll pull at most 1.2G? I went a bit further to check the bending loads...needless to say, the math checks out.
PXL_20230506_181221164.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20230506_181455818.MP.jpg

LateBraker5

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium
IMG_6447.jpeg

I’ve been running mine now for a few months, no issues. I love the simplicity and quick set up and tear down.

It actually feels more sturdy than my SUV with the traditional roof rack and bike rails set up. The Seasucker flexes less.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I ended up purchasing Seasucker Monkey bars to carry boards and bikes. I have had similar experiences to everyone else, the Sea sucker racks are great and I haven't had any problems. To the post about sketchiness, each suction cup has ~230lbs of holding capability for a 20-30lb bike, even on a race track you'll pull at most 1.2G? I went a bit further to check the bending loads...needless to say, the math checks out.
PXL_20230506_181221164.MP~2.jpg
PXL_20230506_181455818.MP.jpg
How stable are the monkey bars? I've always thought about getting them so I can go somewhere with multiple bikes.

Davedaveee

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR Premium 3.0
I need a Seasucker LOL, I'm fortunate to have a few good local bike trails that are easily accessible from my home town, so I venture to them with my road bike. Funny, I ride a Giant TCR and other riders call it the Toyota of bikes hehe. Long live health!

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
I'm sorry but putting a bike on a supra is a huge violation, you need to put that shit on another car.....come on man!!!!

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Toyota Supra MT
How stable are the monkey bars? I've always thought about getting them so I can go somewhere with multiple bikes.
Very stable. The front bar has 4 suction cups and the rear has two 'offroad' elongated cups. I wouldn't hesitate to take two bikes with it.

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Very stable. The front bar has 4 suction cups and the rear has two 'offroad' elongated cups. I wouldn't hesitate to take two bikes with it.
Hmm good to know. I may have to invest in them. That also means I'll lose my excuse for not being able to pick my friends up for MTB rides 😂 😭
Sponsored