Should I buy?

OP
OP

Hyperlite89

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda civic
If you were able to get in touch with the previous owner and get the story that would probably set my mind at ease. If this is going to be your daily and main mode of transportation, I'd find a bone stock car that should have no problem with warranty and mod it to your liking. Better off starting from scratch than buying a car and needing a big ticket repair.
I have tried to see if the previous owner was on this forum with no luck.

I definitely donā€™t mind starting from stock and like the peace of mind that would bring. Iā€™m not sure I would even mod if I got a stock car, but getting a sub 50k price in this market and not having to shell out the 8k+ in mods if I got that itch is the dangling carrot.
Sponsored

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
yeah I agree. It drove great and had gobs of power. I will get it checked out mechanically and if it is sound pull the trigger most likely.
~ would the dealer allow you to reach out to the prior owner with his/her consent? if it was a trade inā€¦ they would have their info. if it was an wholesale auction buyā€¦ not so much. any prior receipts (owners name) or owner literature in the glove box to cross reference?

OP
OP

Hyperlite89

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda civic
~ would the dealer allow you to reach out to the prior owner with his/her consent? if it was a trade inā€¦ they would have their info. if it was an wholesale auction buyā€¦ not so much. any prior receipts (owners name) or owner literature in the glove box to cross reference?

I have not asked but I will
Sponsored