Sketchy business practices.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
That single refund would have been a minor expense, promoted word of mouth, brand marketing, and simply avoided this whole thread. Good job on calling them out @dethred
Sponsored

7sstreet

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
The ecutek license is not expensive.... so I'm not sure what you're on about there.

But yes, you can absolve make the same calibration tables on all platforms (though you don't get RaceROM or RaceROM-like features on all platforms).

Not everyone really cares about money the same way, and the best tuning, support, trackside support, etc. all comes from the platform that's used the most. It's that simple. Ecutek and ProTuner is powerful for tuners, which is why they recommend it. If I'm sitting in the pits at TX2K and need to make a minor tweak or adjustment, I want someone who can do it as fast as possible. You're likely not going to get that, on our cars, without Ecutek.

Yes, my use case is different that some. Yes, not everyone is racing at TX2K, MITM, or Atco, or FL2K. But some of us do, and we use what's best for that. MHD/BM3/mgFlasher, whatever all have a place. So does Ecutek.

I'd never spend money on a certain video card for a computer, they all do the same thing- gamers disagree.

I'd never spend money on a carbon fiber bicycle frame, a bike is a bike- bikers disagree.

It's just.. all -very- relative, especially when it comes to cars. There are a million different cases and for some, Ecutek is -the- choice, and money doesn't really matter all that much in that case (not that whatever couple hundred bucks an ecutek license costs compared to the rest of the 50k build). Just like a gamer buys some expensive video card.

The point is, don't shit on shit just because it's not what you use. Not everyone that buys something is a sucker because it's not for you. Don't say, 'all these things are exactly the same' when they're not quite.
we see things VERY differently and maybe lets leave it at that.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Iā€™m gonna start a Facebook group for all the Visconti refugees so they have a place to go after getting banned. Kinda like a dirty book club.

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
The stories in this thread are wild.
Iā€™m surprised itā€™s not canned. I guess mods are impartial here.
Iā€™m sad my thread was deleted otherwise Iā€™d show you guys the nasty things John and Marshall said about me for trying to undercut their ECU pricing. They exposed themselves as really trying to undermine just a normal dude because they might lose a few bucks. Mods deleted the thread when really it should have been locked for informational purposes and to archive their behavior.

I guess you can still see some of this in my bFlash thread.

OP
OP

dethred

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Edition, Lotus Elise SC, (x2)Honda S2000
I have screenshots of the asshole telling off a customer who had just paid 2000+ and was simply asking for a tracking number after several days of zero communication. Literally one question and then a follow-up "?" A day later to check again... And he gets this. Zero rudeness from the customer, just an incredibly shitty vendor doing his usual thing. This is why Credit card charge backs are a thing.

SmartSelect_20220704-130141_Messenger.jpg

superd6199

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra Edition, RC-F, CT200h F-Sport, GS350 F-Sport, Integra Type R
I have screenshots of the asshole telling off a customer who had just paid 2000+ and was simply asking for a tracking number after several days of zero communication. Literally one question and then a follow-up "?" A day later to check again... And he gets this. Zero rudeness from the customer, just an incredibly shitty vendor doing his usual thing. This is why Credit card charge backs are a thing.

Sounds like heā€™s on his period not sick. ā˜ šŸ¤£

PikkaGTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Zupra
Iā€™m gonna start a Facebook group for all the Visconti refugees so they have a place to go after getting banned. Kinda like a dirty book club.
Careful who you let in that group.
Someone could sneak in with a burner account, posts some inappropriate memes and get your whole page banned.

That's the kind of attitude I'd expect from the people working a Walmart returns counter.
That would have been a please do not ship my orders and refund my money moment

32bitsofGil

First Name
Gilbert
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0
Iā€™m surprised Iā€™m not banned from that Facebook group yet. Maybe because I refuse to ever answer his always condescending ā€œand who are you?ā€ question.
Speed run strategy is to point out that anyone could buy xhp directly from the website.

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base

After seeing the responses on this thread, this is not even a surprise. So many other ways to respond professionally and respectfully but can't expect that from some businesses.