SPIED: Mystery Toyota Supra Spotted Testing - 2025 GRMN Model?

What do you guys think we're looking at?

• GRMN

Votes: 45 18.9%
  • Facelift / Minor Refresh

Votes: 55 23.1%
  • Special / Final Edition

Votes: 138 58.0%

• Total voters

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
They still make that car? Wonder what the sales difference is between the Z & Supra

Think they have shipped 1500 Z 2023. The launch was botched. Planned a 2022 launch and couldn't facilitate that.

In 2023 they had all kinds of production issues in their "state of the art" factory.

think there is planned 500-ish Zismo for US this year.

Still haven't heard of or seen one on a track. I also firmly believe there is some kind of black out on lap times with reviewers. Think reviewers are JDM fans and don't want to piss Nissan off.
Not a Nissan fan- but a fan of anyone that will make a sports car these days.
Sponsored

Pizza

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazda Rx-8, 2023 Nocturnal 3.0 Premium (MT)
Think they have shipped 1500 Z 2023. The launch was botched. Planned a 2022 launch and couldn't facilitate that.

In 2023 they had all kinds of production issues in their "state of the art" factory.

think there is planned 500-ish Zismo for US this year.

Still haven't heard of or seen one on a track. I also firmly believe there is some kind of black out on lap times with reviewers. Think reviewers are JDM fans and don't want to piss Nissan off.
Not a Nissan fan- but a fan of anyone that will make a sports car these days.
Savagegeese did a video with lap times on the Nismo Z a few months ago.

The 2023 MT Supra beat it around Autobahn South by 2.23 seconds when both cars were using the same tires (RE-71RS). In a previous lap time result a 2022 AT Supra beats it by 0.89 seconds, and my favorite stat block from there, a GR86 on Hankook RS-4's (notably worse than RE-71RS), Ohlins, and brake pads beats its time by 0.05 seconds. All with the same driver at the helm.

Granted the Nismo's time was considered damp, but the normal performance trim Z was just over a second slower on the same tires, so I'm guessing the Nismo really wouldn't make that much more time if it was dry-er. Also the dark horse had a damp lap just after the Nismo and was 1.75 seconds faster.

I'd say no one else is posting times because even on decent tires the Nismo Z's numbers aren't competitive enough for the price...

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Not sure if Toyota is going to greenlight this after 2023 sales figures showing sales down by 50% compared to 2022.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/toyota-supra-sales-plunged-nearly-50-percent-in-2023
It's not a heavy lift to roll this car out if it is just some suspension upgrades and cosmetic stuff. It's much, much harder when emissions are impacted. Seems extremely doubtful the S58 (in any form, detuned or otherwise) is going into the A90. I would love to be wrong but best guess is the B58 continues unchanged until the A90 goes out of production.

I think A90 sales are down massively probably for reasons not necessarily specific to the A90: interest rates are making cars much more expensive, 2-doors are slow sellers generally, and most people who want an A90 have one by now. There's also a little more competition from M2, new Z, new Mustang, etc. BUT I'd wager it's more economic factors than anything.

a90fresh

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Car(s)
Toyota Supra A90 3.0 Premium
It's not a heavy lift to roll this car out if it is just some suspension upgrades and cosmetic stuff. It's much, much harder when emissions are impacted. Seems extremely doubtful the S58 (in any form, detuned or otherwise) is going into the A90. I would love to be wrong but best guess is the B58 continues unchanged until the A90 goes out of production.

I think A90 sales are down massively probably for reasons not necessarily specific to the A90: interest rates are making cars much more expensive, 2-doors are slow sellers generally, and most people who want an A90 have one by now. There's also a little more competition from M2, new Z, new Mustang, etc. BUT I'd wager it's more economic factors than anything.
@VA90 - Supra sales are down by 50% because of the ECU/DME unlocking challenges 😂 jk

VA90

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
@VA90 - Supra sales are down by 50% because of the ECU/DME unlocking challenges 😂 jk
lol so, so lame. It seems like every manufacturer is doing this though. I know for sure GM and VWAG cars are now pretty locked down.

bk5

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CUL A91-MT
It's much, much harder when emissions are impacted.
Absolutely. I'm kind of hoping Toyota comes out with some factory performance upgrades, like they used to have. I'd buy an Toyota tune in a second if they came out with something like Ford/Chevy have for some of their turbo cars.

It's much easier to get a tune to pass CARB than to refederalize an engine. Plus, it's probably pure profit, Toyota probably already has a hi-po tune for the Supra sitting on a computer somewhere.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
Absolutely. I'm kind of hoping Toyota comes out with some factory performance upgrades, like they used to have. I'd buy an Toyota tune in a second if they came out with something like Ford/Chevy have for some of their turbo cars.

It's much easier to get a tune to pass CARB than to refederalize an engine. Plus, it's probably pure profit, Toyota probably already has a hi-po tune for the Supra sitting on a computer somewhere.
The B58 in the gen 1 M lite cars had the MPPSK option which had a "warmer" tune from the factory. I believe it was +35hp/39tq.

Reactions: bk5