Spied: Toyota benchmarking Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997) for new Supra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
yeah, I read that like what? lol

this is stuff I'm not even supposed to say, but then again I keep most of the really sensitive stuff off of here anyways. you'd be suprised how easy it is to track down who is leaking information... [interestingly enough, there are a few other members here that are close to this project, but they keep information strictly to PMs]

the actual numbers likely wont be posted publically (either officially or by the press) for a very long time, epecially since everything is up in the air atm.

Last edited:

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
yeah, I read that like what? lol

this is stuff I'm not even supposed to say, but then again I keep most of the really sensitive stuff off of here anyways. you'd be suprised how easy it is to track down who is leaking information... [interestingly enough, there are a few other members here that are close to this project, but they keep information strictly to PMs]

the actual numbers likely wont be posted publically (either officially or by the press) for a very long time, epecially since everything is up in the air atm.
Toyota has quite the monster in their hands

mas921

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Several RWD's
Just wanted to throw out that this car DESTROYED the Z4 on Spa and by that I mean absolutely annhilated it lol.

I cant post the numbers, but this has created a serious point of contention between the BMW and Toyota teams.
I was just told it is putting down times very close to the Cayman GT4, for reference.
Awesome! i honestly thought they would have comparable performance (86-BRZ or Stealth-3000GT), but am glad i was wrong actually lol! This is GREAT news!

A70TTR

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
ST205 GT4, JZA70, JZA70 TT-R, S210 Athlete
well, it's VERY impressive, but the car is also going to cost more than what I was originally told, and the way options are going to be applied to this car are simple to say the least, but I cant expand more on that right now.

there were quite a few people already pretty butthurt about the price lol. that said, the Cayman GT4 is like $80k+ iirc so it will be a bargain by those standards.

Spilner

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
earl
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
none
well, it's VERY impressive, but the car is also going to cost more than what I was originally told, and the way options are going to be applied to this car are simple to say the least, but I cant expand more on that right now.

there were quite a few people already pretty butthurt about the price lol. that said, the Cayman GT4 is like $80k+ iirc so it will be a bargain by those standards.
We talking AMG GT prices?

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300

That wouldn't be a bad thing IMO. It would helps keep it some what exclusive and not played out like with a Mustang or Civic.

madfast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Evo X
Just wanted to throw out that this car DESTROYED the Z4 on Spa and by that I mean absolutely annhilated it lol.

I cant post the numbers, but this has created a serious point of contention between the BMW and Toyota teams.
:D i would be mad too if i were bmw. it probably trounces the M2...

people who are all about price are the same ones that will complain when it's slow. i'd rather have a value GT4 than a compromised car held back by price. the scion FRS stank of that mindset. even at $70k, that's $10k+ off a GT4... toyota, bring it on!

HKz

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
FRS
I'm still pretty scared about what the price will turn out to be. I've always figured this wasn't going to really be a bargain considering it probably wouldn't sit well with BMW that a car that uses their parts/powertrain is faster and cheaper than their own models. I get it won't have a bimmer badge but pretty sure bimmer owners care that their vehicles are usually the fastest in their respective classes

a MSRP of around $70 K would be a bit too much and even $60 K is pushing it..

madfast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Evo X
the leaked BMW document hasnt been wrong yet, and according to that we're getting a 4 cylinder version... it makes sense now that the 6 cylinder has moved up both in price and performance. the only question is what is the performance and price of the 4 cyl version? $45-50k? it better have at least 300 hp at that price...

Haros

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Two feet
I was just told it is putting down times very close to the Cayman GT4, for reference.
Fortunately/unfortunately the significantly cheaper 718 Cayman s (with same tires) put down the same time as the last gen GT4, which puts the supra in the same ballpark for price and performance. Both a good and bad thing depending your point of view.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.