SPL front lower control arm clearance issue

wuuuu

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
CU Later
Hi all,

I just installed the SPL lower control arm but there seems to be a fitment issue. The ball joint bolt is sticking out too much that I’m not able to fit 18 inch wheels without contact. Has anyone had this happen before?

My OEM 19 inch wheel fits fine(attached).

IMG_2969.jpeg

IMG_2972.jpeg
Sponsored

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
I was kinda worried that might happen with their new bolt, it sticks down far more than the old one

esoulliard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
FWIW, I was worried about this too when I had the SPL parts installed, but I was able to fit 18s with no problems. I ended up contacting SPL at one point and they were very helpful - maybe they can advise.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
FWIW, I was worried about this too when I had the SPL parts installed, but I was able to fit 18s with no problems. I ended up contacting SPL at one point and they were very helpful - maybe they can advise.
How long ago was that? If it was more than about 2 months ago then you probably have the old style bolt with no clearance issues.

esoulliard

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Ok, yeah this was definitely more than 2 months ago. It might still be worth contacting them. I got right through to someone who was helpful in my case. Maybe they could send the old bolt or something??? I know a lot of people who are interested in the SPL parts are also interested in running 18s!

PhantomPurple

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 Mazdaspeed Miata
Contact them. I had an issue installing one of the arms and the guy from SPL video called me and we worked through the problem together.

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
I had this same exact concern, emailed CSG if there would be fitment issues with this LCA, response was to get the LCA with the caster adjuster and front sway endlinks and lowering springs if I am going 18/10.5+ wheels. It did not answer my question as I was asking about this bolt not clearing the wheel but its a starting point.

Then I have read SPL instructions for this part and understood why CSG recommended the sway end links and caster, as apparently the front suspension of this car is packed very tightly and other adjustable stuff give you more room. This room than allows you push the lca for more camber angles that would normally be blocked by oem stuff. All this is what I have read, I did not even take the wheel of my car or ordered an LCA.

Still nothing on the 18 inch wheel vs new SPL LCA bolt though.

By the way, is your car lowered? I wonder if you need to be higher/lower for clearance.

Edit: Also the spacer stack…how did you decide how many spacers should be above or below the ball joint? I think they help you adjust clearance for a lowered car (or maybe a different wheel).

Todday1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 A91 Supra
I have been running spl arms for over 2 years and both bolts eventually broke right above ball joint. So I was probably one of the first to order replacements that I believe influenced the redesigned bolts as I talked to them directly. I am now on my second set of original bolts and have been waiting for the new design for 6 months. I just re-connected with them and they confirmed they have two lengths of bolts. So anyone running 18 “ wheels they have them sized to fit. They advised to call them and they can get the right length for your set up.

AndyK5

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nitro Yellow MT
I have been running spl arms for over 2 years and both bolts eventually broke right above ball joint. So I was probably one of the first to order replacements that I believe influenced the redesigned bolts as I talked to them directly. I am now on my second set of original bolts and have been waiting for the new design for 6 months. I just re-connected with them and they confirmed they have two lengths of bolts. So anyone running 18 “ wheels they have them sized to fit. They advised to call them and they can get the right length for your set up.
I guess you’ve gotta order it direct from them to get that. Vendors don’t seem to have a wheel diameter selection.

Oodis

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 MT GR Supra
Literally just ran into this issue yesterday when fitting up my new track rims.

18 x 10.5 + 35 enkei gtc 02

will not fit with the standard stud which comes with LCA kit.

Ive emailed SPL so i guess i will see if they have a stud for 18 inch rims

cheers

Nocturnal LE

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra LE
Literally just ran into this issue yesterday when fitting up my new track rims.

18 x 10.5 + 35 enkei gtc 02

will not fit with the standard stud which comes with LCA kit.

Ive emailed SPL so i guess i will see if they have a stud for 18 inch rims

cheers
Did they get back to you? I asked them, and they said there is only 1 length offered…

IMG_0214.jpeg
Sponsored