tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I mentioned it earlier, but no one seemed interested. We could probably get acs to make splash guards. The ones they made for the ZL1 were awesome.
I had ACS splash guards for my C7 Vette and they were great! Unfortunately, I think they only offer products primarily for Corvette and Camaro though...
Sponsored

Last edited:

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
That sucks...

I know in the beginning they were sending out the wrong hardware....

I used the new black screws they sent for the rears (they originally were sending out silver with different threads) and mine are really secure...
Ya I have both black and silver screws for some reason.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I mentioned it earlier, but no one seemed interested. We could probably get acs to make splash guards. The ones they made for the ZL1 were awesome.
Message them and see if they are down for a mini batch and price. I might buy in.

SupraFly1

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2017 Porsche Carrera 991.2 TT
I orderd a set after reading this thread and very disappointed. For one I was sent the Short push tabs for the front making it extremely hard to make work. The rear shims had to be cut down 1/4 of an inch due a huge gap between the rock guard and the rear fender. If they fit flush and stay stationary they should not rub the paint on the inside fender. I actually contacted them after my findings and they just blew me off and denied ever saying anything about sending longer push tabs for the front. The only positive thing I can say about them is the shape is spot on and it actually looks awesome on the car imo...

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I orderd a set after reading this thread and very disappointed. For one I was sent the Short push tabs for the front making it extremely hard to make work. The rear shims had to be cut down 1/4 of an inch due a huge gap between the rock guard and the rear fender. If they fit flush and stay stationary they should not rub the paint on the inside fender. I actually contacted them after my findings and they just blew me off and denied ever saying anything about sending longer push tabs for the front. The only positive thing I can say about them is the shape is spot on and it actually looks awesome on the car imo...
What did you have to cut? Well to be fair someone in the the thread used the short BMW ones they bought on their own and it worked. But ya I didnt use the short ones I just went to toyota and they gave me some if the longer ones.

JasonO

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra LE
What did you have to cut? Well to be fair someone in the the thread used the short BMW ones they bought on their own and it worked. But ya I didnt use the short ones I just went to toyota and they gave me some if the longer ones.
I had to trim one or two of the nylon spacers in each side to install the rear flaps. Otherwise the screws wouldn’t thread deep enough for engagement.

keiothic

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 GenCoupe, 2015 Mazda3, 2019 CTR
If anybody in the DFW area would like to work with me to get one made, addressing all the issues and possibly more, please let me know. I'm very open to making these at low cost.

keiothic

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
oooooooh. Do tell....
As much as I hate to say it, I'm doing similar work as ZL1Addons as far as doing rock guard projects and designs. What I think I excel more is my communication with the people I work with or use my stuff. I had previously tried working with ZL1 before to create guards for my Civic Type R but I find that their communication is lackluster and the cost is also unreasonable for such a design and material. I started designing my own and was received well by the CTR community, I sold about 100+ set which I find to be successful for a product that only a few shops have thought about making/selling (ZL1, me, RallyArmor, a CF fabricator who's name skipped my head).

I've been wanting to make guards for the Supra mk5 since it before it started being delivered, but I think the need was very low at that time. Before I knew it, ZL1 again beat me to it (even though they never willing to work with me with my CTR and decided to release one in the midst me making some for people).
upload_2020-2-25_15-53-38.png

upload_2020-2-25_15-54-5.png

keiothic

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
oooooooh. Do tell....
With the back story out of the way...

As far as what I'm trying to do for the Supra mk5:
- Again, trying to correct/add some things that people are addressing here
- Offer a minimal/close to OEM design
- Offer a full set with hardware as needed at relatively low cost.
- Guards that sits on top of the wheel well liner rather than sandwiched in between. This gives you option to adjust the flare and minimal alignment to your liking.

Feel free to quote-reply me if you have questions/comments. I don't currently make carbon fiber guards as the price for what I want to sell these are not quite what I prefer. I want these to be affordable to everyone. I see these parts as more of means to protect rather to look good at car showrooms. It's consumable at best. Not something I want you to cry over if these breaks because you spent a good chunk of your money buying these.

Example of my work:
0oxHyD3-PsX2-ROWwPFShyLOuku1vEoThLUCS7f2U94WwDjFyRy5vJW4P0P1kHBPJRFMkgkj2FeBDoOiZEc=w960-h540-no.jpg

JFbGdiz-Sp7QhYieScBq2sEdBDrh88RPMuZlhJsTRFjOwz9B7Axtu8vRYV6vW-20Pu4DV42k6unY4aD0k=w1504-h2016-no.jpg
BzgfXv5FNGsZrrowYkfYTlgwP685xehzbDM24mSlwqeQ3YtSnpUPt9ZxNNFsuf6OiH_eLDzcA0ZYHUo8U=w2016-h1512-no.jpg

2JTqMX6YV2ti3mTakvWP6J4DFzLQk4BZBs6J2WEI3gEV0t0RMyeccH3H9erS_Rlb4HjeITQ6keyyEYjP4=w2048-h1365-no.jpg

Z48k-zr04odacFQfhcXQ0713HcyYTu7ghQtMxjuGU32Y895ZaXkQGjojBIjZioEAWhRF7QWOR7l2ihnKo=w2880-h1382-no.jpg
ftEzZcarroFE_LnHfSl43KVcphrYFiZ1bHvycq_8kjGx8UawNJw4y9fLRYSfH6mp9Ei8207HK1nFnQqtU=w2048-h1092-no.jpg

Something a little unique that I made recently to match my car's faux carbon....

Last edited:

SupraFly1

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 2017 Porsche Carrera 991.2 TT
I had to grind down the rear shims they provided due to the huge gap between the rock guards and the inner fender. It looked awful before I cut them down 1/4". Now they actually have more bite when threading. I have a few friends that are interested in rock guards but they know not to use the ones I purchased...

Last edited:

keiothic

First Name
Keiothic
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have a prototype template made, hopefully I can connect with a local owner soon to check on measurements.
upload_2020-2-26_19-44-0.png

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I had to grind down the rear shims they provided due to the huge gap between the rock guards and the inner fender. It looked awful before I cut them down 1/4". Now they actually have more bite when threading. I have a few friends that are interested in rock guards but they know not to use the ones I purchased...
Oh so when you installed yours those white plastic things didnt allow the guards to sit flush with the fender. Makes total sense. Thanks for the info. I feel the product has some inconsistency. I didnt have issues with my initial set, but will keep this in mind if I reorder. But might just wait till more options are available.
Sponsored