Splash Guards

supradupra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 supra (soon)
i just got the ZL kit and the rear screws look to be a finer thread than the OEM screws. i got one side to install on the rear but the driver rear side it seems like the screws are not "biting" the thread to tighten down...is anyone else having this issue? not really impressed that the rear screws were phiips...had they been a bolt like the OEM you could easily use a open end wrench on this
Sponsored

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Any issues with installing this with fenders covered with PPF that tucks under wheel well? Will the guards rub through the film (vibration) or is there a debris issue? Any preventative measures warranted?

Half Vast

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 01 Tundra Limited, 00 4Runner
I've PPF on my Supra for over a year now. The ZL1 Splash guards have been on the car for for nearly as long. So far I've had no issue with the guards rubbing through the film nor debris buildup. The guards do a really good job of keeping road trash off the sides of the car. I'm glad I added them to help protect the PPF in those areas.

Bkuu18

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
trying to install mine and damn is the kit inconsistent. Had to order new rivets cause the ones provided won’t bite for the front. The rear was PITA. Passenger side went well but for some reason the driver rears won’t connect to the thread when the splash guard is between the screw and spacer piece!!!

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
trying to install mine and damn is the kit inconsistent. Had to order new rivets cause the ones provided won’t bite for the front. The rear was PITA. Passenger side went well but for some reason the driver rears won’t connect to the thread when the splash guard is between the screw and spacer piece!!!
Did mine last week and everything went largely ok. I DIDN’T remove the wheels, and if I had to do it again, I’d have taken the recommendations to change the Phillips head screws for hex heads. Otherwise went well.

Bkuu18

First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra GR
Did mine last week and everything went largely ok. I DIDN’T remove the wheels, and if I had to do it again, I’d have taken the recommendations to change the Phillips head screws for hex heads. Otherwise went well.
the front rivets went in smoothly for you? I aligned mine to the holes and bashed them with a mallet.. pins still won’t budge..

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
the front rivets went in smoothly for you? I aligned mine to the holes and bashed them with a mallet.. pins still won’t budge..
They did. A little wiggle and making sure that the pin was pulled all the way out. I compressed the rivet with fingers so it was as slender as possible when I pushed it in. That made a big difference.

ronncat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche Carrera S, Porsche Macan GTS
My supplied rivets appeared to be the identical size as the OEM ones. I used a finish nail hammer and lightly tapped and tapped and tapped... and then tapped some more. At some point you feel the pin actually move, and then I was able to fully seat it in with a few moderate taps. Just need to be patient. It eventually will go.

Mock01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Refraction A91
Got my kit. Came with the silver screws. 6 of the front plastic rivets wouldn’t go in/bent/broke. Had to drill larger holes in the rear since the holes they drilled were not spaced correctly. Overall, for $60, not impressed.

Andrew4Supra

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 / 2018 Mercedes GLC43 / 2016 VW GTI
Got my kit... 6 of the front plastic rivets wouldn’t go in/bent/broke.
~ Yeah the front rivets need to be aluminum.

I went to my local Zettler/Ace Hardware and picked up metal ones and they were the perfect solution. Easy to tap in without issue.

jreinlie4

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
Little taps, little baby taps bro... Too much force will compromise the pin.

nosavingthrow

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2022 Mazda 3 Turbo
Got my kit. Came with the silver screws. 6 of the front plastic rivets wouldn’t go in/bent/broke. Had to drill larger holes in the rear since the holes they drilled were not spaced correctly. Overall, for $60, not impressed.
I had the exact same issues.
Front plastic rivets wouldn't go in, tried tiny taps and all.
Rear holes didn't line up correctly and I had to drill them out larger.

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I had the exact same issues.
Front plastic rivets wouldn't go in, tried tiny taps and all.
Rear holes didn't line up correctly and I had to drill them out larger.
Mine were tight also, I used a metal tap with plastic hammer and was able to get them in. They’re really thin though it doesn’t take much to fold them over.

-RJM

Last Lemming

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV, 86 944 Turbo
Use needle nose pliers to push pins in half way then tap the rest of the way. The pliers allow the pin to go in without bending. Worked for me like a charm.