• Total voters

Supraluv

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra premium , Z4 Coupe , 2002 MRoadster
I start in normal but switch to sport on the backroads.
Sponsored

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red Supra 3.0 2022, Black BMW 116i 2022
Care to share how you coded that? Didn't think that was possible.
I think I did that on bimmercode or bimmerlink? On european version it doesn’t change much though, so maybe it’s only in my head 😅

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
I consider the supra to be a nice grand tourer first. So for city and highway in comfort mode.
As I have a european model, the exhaust is very quiet in both mode so I coded the valve to be opened in both modes.
On twisty roads, sport mode but mostly for the steering/pedal feel, suspensions in comfort because the car is more playful and I don't want to have to drive at 200km/h to have fun.
Only on track I drive in fully sport mode.
I also have a euro version but I fixed the sound with a Remus exhaust. Can't you do the same in germany?

The sound is now glorious.

PaulFRDE

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Red Supra 3.0 2022, Black BMW 116i 2022
I also have a euro version but I fixed the sound with a Remus exhaust. Can't you do the same in germany?

The sound is now glorious.
Well installing an aftermarket is a fair point and I don't want to complain too much but I have a few reasons:
  • That's an expensive solution, and I prefer to use my money on trackdays
  • I live in Germany and anything visually different needs to be TÜV approved. Even in the best case scenario, it's a lot of time to invest (after you go to the TÜV, you need to go to the administration so they change your vehicule registration in their system. So one day and 150€ lost again). Finally, I didn't check but if Remus is not a german company, there is little chance their parts are TÜV certified and then it's just a nightmare.
  • More and more tracks ask for the "original" exhaust during trackdays for noise reasons.
I read some UK people writing about "gutting" the silencer somehow, that seems to be ideal for my case actually.

Tri5tate

First Name
Tristate
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020
Well installing an aftermarket is a fair point and I don't want to complain too much but I have a few reasons:
  • That's an expensive solution, and I prefer to use my money on trackdays
  • I live in Germany and anything visually different needs to be TÜV approved. Even in the best case scenario, it's a lot of time to invest (after you go to the TÜV, you need to go to the administration so they change your vehicule registration in their system. So one day and 150€ lost again). Finally, I didn't check but if Remus is not a german company, there is little chance their parts are TÜV certified and then it's just a nightmare.
  • More and more tracks ask for the "original" exhaust during trackdays for noise reasons.
I read some UK people writing about "gutting" the silencer somehow, that seems to be ideal for my case actually.
Yeah, you can either open the silencer and remove the shit inside.

Or switch to a 200 cell cat which is very lowkey.

But in order to really unleash the sound you must remove the OPF, but I guess that'll create problems for you in Germany. Here in Sweden we also have strict laws but nobody really notices during inspection as you as you don't spit flames. 😁

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I human hard-coded it...aka I turn it on every time I get in the car. Taking my son a mile to grab snacks? Sports mode. Checking the mail? Sports mode. Always sports mode! Gas be damned! 14mph I think is what I'm at, lol.

OP
OP
GoldenEye

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
I human hard-coded it...aka I turn it on every time I get in the car. Taking my son a mile to grab snacks? Sports mode. Checking the mail? Sports mode. Always sports mode! Gas be damned! 14mph I think is what I'm at, lol.
You get 14 mpg?? DANG!! 😂😅

ntvaribl

First Name
Nami
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota GR Supra Launch Edition 1098/1500
Sport Mode on 99% of the time and only switch to normal when I enter my neighborhood in the middle of the night

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
I still have yet to even drive my Supra in Auto yet.
EXACTLY! 3 years, 10,000 miles and the only time my car drives in auto is when the wife takes it.
You don't need a transmission tune if you do the shifting 😉

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
EXACTLY! 3 years, 10,000 miles and the only time my car drives in auto is when the wife takes it.
Yea I finally flashed with XHP and I can barely tell any difference. On track it feels exactly the same. Kind of a waste of money tbh.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Sport always. (6MT)

When I had the 8AT, transmission was in 'normal' even in sport. Use the manual if you want revs and fun.

OP
OP
GoldenEye

GoldenEye

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra
Kudos to you bro, manual shifting all time is gangster. I have a hard time with that…

Island Bag

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
I use both Sport+ and Sport Individual. Sport+ has everything turned on in sport modes. When the roads suck, I switch to Sport Individual that's configured with normal suspension. To me having the two modes is a great feature to enable.
I have a ‘23 automatic. Pros / cons of Bimmer coding Sport+ mode? Any problems at all?
Sponsored