• Total voters

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Before I got the XHP transmission tune I was in sport+M mode 100% of the time. After the trans tune I'm probably in sport+M about 50% and normal+auto about 50%. I just hated how the trans shifted in normal mode with the stock settings, with modified shift points it's perfectly reasonable though.
Sponsored

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Yeah, but it's a FREE mod if you already have Bimmercode. No extra cost for the tuning.
It's not a mod, it's a half-baked mode that was never fully developed and shouldn't be used. If the designers had actually developed it as a usable driving mode, it would have been made available through the normal menu system.

JTN

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nitro Yellow
The only reason I never drove in normal mode was the start/stop feature. Coding it to always be in sport to me was a blessingā€¦
I did the opposite... I coded out the start stop function and left sport mode as the button press option. I still like it like this as others have said I'll leave my neighborhood in normal mode to keep the exhaust quiet then push the sport button the second I'm clear of the houses.

BraveDemon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra; 19 TTRS; 19 Velar P380 HSE; 15 GLA45 AMG
I usually drive all my cars in sports/dynamic mode if Iā€™m driving alone. If itā€™s a clear and dry sunny day Iā€™ll hit the traction control button once for a little fun.

Normal/Comfort mode if I have a passenger - generally do not ā€œhoon aroundā€ with people in the car.

BMW_GHOST_INSIDE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2.0, Audi TTS
It's not a mod, it's a half-baked mode that was never fully developed and shouldn't be used. If the designers had actually developed it as a usable driving mode, it would have been made available through the normal menu system.
Whatever. Anything that MODS the factory setting is technically considered a mod.

jchadwell

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium
sport plus provides no benefits. only a sensitive throttle and a twitchy transmission. XHP is the way for transmission tuning
Maybe not on the street but there is definitely a benefit (small though) when auto crossing. The quicker you can transition from brake to gas the better. I love the more sensitive throttle and even if itā€™s only a very small difference itā€™s worth it. There are several of us in my local club that consistently battle for top pax time. We are very close and sometimes within hundredths of a second of each other. Every little bit helps!

Last edited:

NicKnack

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1991 Toyota MR2, 2023 Toyota Supra MT
If I'm just running errands quickly, or just mindlessly munching miles on the highway to get somewhere, I'll keep it normal mode.

Outside of that I'm always in sport though. I've been hesitating to Bimmercode the car always starting in Sport since I still use Normal mode some of the time.

I do wish the car truly offered "Normal","Sport" and "Sport Individual" with like, maybe a short press of the sport button to go in to pre-programmed Toyota Sport mode, and then a long press (3 seconds maybe) to go in to Sport individual.

Because then I'd probably opt for Sport steering, exhaust but normal suspension and no auto-rev match for most of my driving

aspaw1n

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0 Premium - Turbulence Gray
to and fro work normal

when im not at work sport

:werd:

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Always drove mine in sport, manual mode, no assists. Even after the big bump in power.

Only time I drove in auto mode was to break in the upgraded transmission.

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
The poll question is too simplistic.

I use sport mode when I'm playing around. Balanced mode for my commute.

I'll repeat the caution on Sport+. It was not designed for this car. Bimmer Code folks cheat the limited Supra options by choosing Z4. The ECU and Head Unit only know what this is because they were borrowed from the Z4. But nothing in the Supra is expecting this to be set. This ok for the brightness of the touch screen or turning on/off auto start but questionable for the engine settings. I seem to recall a thread on here about a CLE thrown on a AA when in Sport+ mode.

sojusoulja

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
1996 BB NSX, 2003 GPW S2000
The poll question is too simplistic.

I use sport mode when I'm playing around. Balanced mode for my commute.

I'll repeat the caution on Sport+. It was not designed for this car. Bimmer Code folks cheat the limited Supra options by choosing Z4. The ECU and Head Unit only know what this is because they were borrowed from the Z4. But nothing in the Supra is expecting this to be set. This ok for the brightness of the touch screen or turning on/off auto start but questionable for the engine settings. I seem to recall a thread on here about a CLE thrown on a AA when in Sport+ mode.
I have an AA dp and jb+...never had any issues in sport+. Not sure what the benefits are but i do notice a bit more pep based pn my butt dyno when in sport+

djmad

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ Supra MT, 07ā€™ 328i MT, 20ā€™ Civic AT
It's sort of 50/50 for me. If I'm just running errands or going to a friends house I'll have it in normal, but if I'm datalogging or cruising with the homies sport.

It is a weekend car though so if it hasn't been driven in a while it's usually in sport.
Sponsored